Things about yourself you cannot rationally explian

Crazydog7

I can do NSEW directions. But if I refer to the east side of the car, I just get weird looks. And/or the response, "You know the car moves don't you?" :rolleyes:

just to mess with people I sometimes use aft, starboard, port, or stern.

I have a good sense of direction and have always scored very high on spatial ability tests, but I also mix up left/right when I have to verbalize them.

Oh, this is me, totally. I can find my way around any strange city after one good look at a map, but I still have to figure out left & right by the fact that my watch is on my left wrist. :wideeyed:

For me the odd moment of thinking what it would be like to be gay, and deja vous reasonably often.

But my older sister has a far more interesting one: She sees dead people.

Well when she was little she saw dead people, then she shut it off because she didn't want to be in contact with them and naturally it freaked her out seeing dead people she didn't know (I never knew at the time). Then in the last couple of years my 20 years dead grandmother started paying her the odd visit. After my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and had a bit of a crisis (he's still with us thankfully) my other more recently dead grandmother paid her a visit, just the once. We were on holiday a few weeks ago visiting my parents, and grandma visited, I saw / felt nothing but when my sister said "grandma's here" I got all tingly skinned. Just a physiological reaction on my part I'm certain, but the mere thought of being present during a visitation weirded me out. My sister just feels love and warmth and not freaky at all, though the visitations sometimes surprise her when grandma just pops in.

I can feel ghosts occassionally - but they go about their business and don't really stick around.

I heard my aunt talking while she was in a coma, that's a little different though.

I could always tell when my dad was having a bad day health wise - it would be this 'anxious feeling' that would creep over me.

Mom was never surprised when I would call, she would just bring me up to date on what the latest heart trouble was.

She said that dad and I had always had a special connection, even when I was a baby.

For a long time, I could tell where my husband was in a store, even if I hadn't seen him for 10minutes or more. I'd close my eyes and concentrate for a moment, and feel a 'pull' in the direction he was in. The sense worked flawlessly until we started having marital trouble, then the connection seemed to break...

I do have a weird left/right car thing --

If I'm giving directions and there is a double turn lane, I say "Left #".

In my head, I see the street:

Left 2 --- Left 1 --- Car --- Right 1 --- Right 2

Guess it's a carry-over from geometry or something.

But my older sister has a far more interesting one: She sees dead people.

My little sister had some sort of wierd similar thing go on with her when she was a kid. She was probably about 5 years and she would claim to have seen things or people and then draw them out to show us later on. Some of the things she drew were really bizarrely accurate, sometimes disturbing, and most likely beyond the capacity of a 5 year old. She's an adult now, and as far as I know has had nothing of this sort happen since she was maybe 8 or 9. This was all going on right around the time the she had to have open heart surgery to correct a defective heart valve, so I've since just sort of chalked it up to a scared little kids' imagination running wild. But some of it really was like some shit you'd see in a movie.

And also, I don't really believe in ghosts, I don't think. But my apartment is probably 90ish years old, and I swear to God I have seen this little old lady standing in the exact same spot in front of my refrigerator on two seperate occasions now. I'm blaming this one on my eye playing tricks on me or something. But... it was the same lady, wearing the same thing, in the exact same spot both times. Just a tiny old grandma looking woman staring right straight at the refrigerator, but she never moves or aknowledges me. Both times I stopped in my tracks, looked away for a second, and there was nothing there when I looked back. The first time I felt that I got a a really good look, like not an out of the corner of your eye thing, a dead on look. The second time was more of a glance, but it was definitely the same. Neither time scared me though, I just forget about it until a topic about irrational things comes up. :)

~I try very hard to be humble (I have a lot to be humble about), but I cannot keep myself from occasionally feeling that I am naturally superior to the entire rest of the human race. I cannot explain why, but I sometimes feel as though ruling over the entire planet is my birth right.

I keep getting IPS Driver errors when I try to post today.

These two apply to me also. Regarding the birth right, you understand this means war, hmm?

I might add that when I thought my cat was Charles Dickens reincarnated, I was NOT under the influence of any illegal substances. There was just something about his look....

I have an urge to kill pet birds, especially parrots and macaws. the irrational part is I always think of it as self defense, that I'd better kill them before they kill me.

:angry:

Don't you realize you might be killing a great writer??

These two apply to me also. Regarding the birth right, you understand this means war, hmm?

Your profile Identifies you as being Female. If this is true, there may be another solution that would not require my defeating you in battle. :smileysex:

Oh, this is me, totally. I can find my way around any strange city after one good look at a map, but I still have to figure out left & right by the fact that my watch is on my left wrist. :wideeyed:

Oh thank god, I thought it was just me. I've never been able to do left-right consistently. (I am also an above avarage navigator and do NSEW easily.) I turned the wrong way in the middle of my driving exam. :blush:

One of my eyes gives everything a noteable bluish tint, the other a reddish one. No idea if its actually physical or purely psychological.

One I just noticed today, you're at a party or some other social function and someone says "Tell a Joke" does anyone else draw a complete blank?

Equal in akwardness only to "oh, say somthing in <foreign language you know>"

One of my eyes gives everything a noteable bluish tint, the other a reddish one. No idea if its actually physical or purely psychological.

Have you tried going to a 3-D movie without wearing the glasses yet?

I'm loving the ghostly stories! I guess that's another thing about me, I love ghost stories. I read them often on different sights on the internet, love it when people tell scary stories. I watch all the stupid shows about ghosts on tv. I can't say I really believe in them, but I just love the stories. I'm the same way about urban legends and true crime, especially serial killer stories. I really like getting creeped out.

SJohn and his freaking ghost stories :P

I do actually have one. One night I woke up and could have sworn there was something in my room. The far corner was much darker than it usually was. Then I swear I heard a croaky voice say my name.

I was half asleep though, so it was almost certainly some residual dream or some shit like that.

Archived