Things about yourself you cannot rationally explian

Crazydog7

Your profile Identifies you as being Female. If this is true, there may be another solution that would not require my defeating you in battle. :smileysex:

No. It would require my defeating you in battle. Trust me. :D

One I just noticed today, you're at a party or some other social function and someone says "Tell a Joke" does anyone else draw a complete blank?

I carry a selection of "stock jokes" that can be unrolled at a moment's notice - unfortunately, none of them are any good. They do, however, fulfill the requirement. :smoking:

SJohn and his freaking ghost stories :P

I do actually have one. One night I woke up and could have sworn there was something in my room. The far corner was much darker than it usually was. Then I swear I heard a croaky voice say my name.

I was half asleep though, so it was almost certainly some residual dream or some shit like that.

You've spotted the ever elusive Hypno Toad.

SJohn and his freaking ghost stories :P

I do actually have one. One night I woke up and could have sworn there was something in my room. The far corner was much darker than it usually was. Then I swear I heard a croaky voice say my name.

I was half asleep though, so it was almost certainly some residual dream or some shit like that.

Probably a dream. The phenomena of waking up and thinking you are experiencing something ghostly is called Old Hag. It is wear your mind is still between awake and asleep. I used to wake up and think I saw someone wearing a Utah Jazz jersey in my bathroom door. Pretty sure it was just a trick of the light. I have heard a phantom phone ringing though.

And I am always ready with a joke. I can't promise it will be good, or that it will be clean, but I have them.

You've spotted the ever elusive Hypno Toad.

I knew it!

Probably a dream. The phenomena of waking up and thinking you are experiencing something ghostly is called Old Hag. It is wear your mind is still between awake and asleep. I used to wake up and think I saw someone wearing a Utah Jazz jersey in my bathroom door. Pretty sure it was just a trick of the light. I have heard a phantom phone ringing though.

Huh, i didn't know the phenomenon had a name. It's happened a lot, but the one time I mentioned was the only time it seriously freaked me out.

Hah. Kinda weird. I'm one of the few in my group of friends who can't see 'the supernatural'. Nor do I want to, dear God.

Things about myself I can't rationally explain? Er, I really hate people who use the stairs when its just 1 floor above and I ship/slash countries.

I have a fear of heights. This pisses me off. I rock climb and abseil and yet when I look down some part of me decides that I should in fact be really really scared.

Of course that fear makes perfect sense in an evolutionary context so I'm not sure it counts as irrational.

It also makes me badass/stupid because even though something scares the bejeebus out of me I can force myself to do it.

What does this sentence mean?

I think it means that you are only to use the stairs when you have to go up more than one floor, when you have to go onto more than one ship, or when you have to go across more than one country.

Personally, I really like it when people use the stairs to go up one floor (but get upset when they take the elevator instead). As for the ships and countries, I don't think that I would hold it against someone if they used the stairs for either occurrence (in fact, depending upon the circumstance, I might be slightly impressed).

I do have one touch of the "supernatural" whenever a close friend of mine or relative is going to die soon I have a dream of that person meeting the other people of my acquaintance who have died in a house somewhere having a party or cookout typically 24 hours before the incident. This is utterly useless I can't warn the person and all the dreams do is put me on edge until the person dies.

I have Grapheme Synesthesia, which is explainable but still screws me up with the subway. I used to end up on the wrong train because the letter or number doesn't reflect the color. I ask now before I get on it, and I have the stations memorized. I very rarely tell people in my real world about this since I tend to get a WTF look in response.

I absolutely have to attach an era to faces I see. Some people look 1960's, some 1660's. I'll meet a person and the first thing I'll think is "she's a Da Vinci" or "He's early 1800's"... Don't ask, I don't know why.

I'm 1950's.

I'm very sensitive to scent, and honestly haven't smelled anything yet that bothers me- I like it all. So NYC is quite a treat.

I have a fear of dying violently, but there's an explanation for it so I guess it's not irrrational.

I daydream still, alot. More than an adult should I think.

I get distracted by sunbeams and the play of sunlight. I'll just stop in the middle of the street and stare if I find it pretty. It's amazing I haven't been hit by a truck yet.

I have alot of sense quirks, but you get the gist.

Hah. Kinda weird. I'm one of the few in my group of friends who can't see 'the supernatural'. Nor do I want to, dear God.

Things about myself I can't rationally explain? Er, I really hate people who use the stairs when its just 1 floor above and I ship/slash countries.

I have never in my life under any circumstances had so much as a hint of anything that could possibly be supernatural, and I am just fine with that. I genuinely freaked out during a math class in junior high once though becuase I suddenly realized the math was just there, all over the place, and we weren't making it up or controlling it in any way at all.

Hitailia, (sp?) right?*

Also despise one floor people.

*I know about it from my sister. No, really.

Are there really people not willing to walk up one flight of stairs?

I work in a building with about 200 of them. It's annoying. They walk past the stairs to go wait for the elevator just to go up one floor... and they all cop a serious case of attitude if you say anything about it. I've taken to just saying, "I guess the stairs are broken again, huh?"

I have noticed that this same group of people are a high percentage of the people in the building that habitually hit the handicap button for the automatic door opener on their way in and out of the building. I've even had them hit that button while I was holding the door for them. I call it the Lazy button now, because I've never seen anyone with an actual handicap use it.

I work in a building with about 200 of them. It's annoying. They walk past the stairs to go wait for the elevator just to go up one floor... and they all cop a serious case of attitude if you say anything about it. I've taken to just saying, "I guess the stairs are broken again, huh?"

I have noticed that this same group of people are a high percentage of the people in the building that habitually hit the handicap button for the automatic door opener on their way in and out of the building. I've even had them hit that button while I was holding the door for them. I call it the Lazy button now, because I've never seen anyone with an actual handicap use it.

Elevators should be built so that you can't move a single floor up or down.

ETA won't work because of people with disabilities.

Elevators should be built so that you can't move a single floor up or down.

The people I was talking about at my office would just go up 4 floors, and then come back down 3. They truly are that lazy.

The people I was talking about at my office would just go up 4 floors, and then come back down 3. They truly are that lazy.

Then do them a favour and break their legs. At least then they would have an excuse.

How on earth do you ship/slash countries? I mean I suppose there's some kind of warped appeal in wondering what would happen if, say, India got it on with Paraguay, but tectonic plate action does not sound like the usual themes of slashfic. :huh:

How on earth do you ship/slash countries? I mean I suppose there's some kind of warped appeal in wondering what would happen if, say, India got it on with Paraguay, but tectonic plate action does not sound like the usual themes of slashfic. :huh:

Anthropomorphication.

Its a manga (and apparently anime) that retells WW2. I don't really get it either (and the bits I do like are for the history geekery), but my sister has gone as far as to cosplay it.

Archived