AussieCon 4

felice

Hmmm, packing for these variables will be a bitch....

The rest of Australia likes to sledge Melbourne as having four seasons every day. ;)

In all seriousness, it is the end of winter turn of spring and is more likely to be jeans/coat than shorts and t-shirts. Maybe Cam or another of the Melbourne bros could offer some suggestions?

The rest of Australia likes to sledge Melbourne as having four seasons every day. ;)

In all seriousness, it is the end of winter turn of spring and is more likely to be jeans/coat than shorts and t-shirts. Maybe Cam or another of the Melbourne bros could offer some suggestions?

Shorts? You must mean

right, um Stubby?

Not to worry I'll gambit on packing Winter garb.

Everytime I hae been to Melbourne it has been stinking hot. I am hoping for that.

This doesn't help.

BTW, first time visiting Victoria so, How's Melbourne's climate in the first week of Spring?

It varies but we've been having a cold winter so be prepared: highs have been between 13C (55.4F) to 16C (60.8F) and lows down to lowest of about 8C (46.4) to 10C (51.8F). Could be a little warmer by the time the con starts. People who are touristing north before or after should be a lot warmer!

Maltaran,

Touch wood your flights won't be interuppted. :thumbsup:

Paxter,

A trip to Melbourne wouldn't seem complete without seeing the big G (MCG that is, the other big G needs no mention here :)). If I can square some away time from helping Smofbabe on the Wednesday I'd be happy to tag along, as I'm happy to help out whenever I'm free during my stay. It's a 3.3km stroll from the MCEC to the MCG along the Yarra promenade & Flinder's walk if the day is fine. I'll wing it on the day and see what happens. (Of course if there's a pub at the end of the tour that would seal it but I don't know what Smofbabe can do with an inebriated gopher!)

I can't see BAA allowing Heathrow to be closed on the August bank holiday weekend, so I'm 90% sure there'll be an agreement by then. Of course, I can't do anything about alternative arrangements until the union actually announces the strike dates, which will be on Monday.

PS I do have insurance, now I need to read it to see how much it covers for strikes.

Oh yeah! 16 days to go baby. Is anyone else as excited as I am?

I'm as hoppy as a one-legged kangaroo. :thumbsup:

Also, anyone know what sort of clothing I need to pack for night life activities or some such?

If you aren't bringing a Wookie costume, Galactica flightsuit, or Redshirt, just bring what you'd wear to the pub of a Saturday night.

When it comes to fashion, Worldcon is best described as eclectic.

Archived