Lost season 6 thread

marwyn

I'm guessing that the explosion of the Jughead not only created a parallel universe but seriously fucked up the island- this, I'm thinking, is where the fertility problem may have come from.

That's what I'm assuming too since the irony of Juliet who was brought to the island specifically to find a solution to the fertility problem being the cause of the problem is just too big to pass up.

TONIGHT!

My husband tried to say that he was gonna use our 46" flat screen HDTV to watch American Idol, and that if I insisted on watching such a stupid show as Lost I could watch on the smaller, older TV in the den.

HA.

Let's just say that didn't work out for him!

My husband tried to say that he was gonna use our 46" flat screen HDTV to watch American Idol, and that if I insisted on watching such a stupid show as Lost I could watch on the smaller, older TV in the den.

HA.

Let's just say that didn't work out for him!

That's grounds for divorce! ;)

Watching right now through live stream. It's 3.30 am here, but it's worth it! Except for the horrible american commercials (seriously, how can you live with this?..) the ep is awesome so far!

I'll spoilerize further comments just for now..

I literally laughed out loud when Hurley on the plane said he was the luckiest guy in the world. And Locke actually going on the walkabout, and Boone going all "I'm sticking with you" on Locke.

Gotta love the irony :D

What the heck? That temple scene felt so weird.. Almost as if it were from Pirates of the Caribbean or something.

Weird stuff.. But interesting, definitely.

Edit:

"I want to go home"?! What the.. and where might that be?

What the heck? That temple scene felt so weird.. Almost as if it were from Pirates of the Caribbean or something.

Weird stuff.. But interesting, definitely.

Edit:

"I want to go home"?! What the.. and where might that be?

well, Jacob and Smoke Monster Man had to come from somewhere. That's a new mystery.

So, are there now two actual timelines? Seems so. My guess is that they have to be re-connected and that will somehowbe a way to defeat Smokey. 'cause right now he looks pretty invincible. My big question on the new timeline is the diiferences. Boone didn't bring Shannon back and Desmond was somehow on the plane. Why?

Good cameos by Frogurt and annoying science teacher guy whose name escapes me at the moment. Kate taking Claire hostage was pretty ironic. I love irony.

I'm very interested in why the Samurai guy wanted to talk to Jack so bad. I think Jacob left instructions in the note.

And lastly, Sayid coming back almost had be thinking Jacob possessed his body a'la Smokey. But I dunno, I think there are other reasons.

Must watch again before I can even process it. Spoilers ahead ......

I kept thinking Sayid couldn't die - I kept expecting something, then I kind of accepted it ... then we get to the ending. When they pulled him out of the water, his arms were extended to form a cross, and that's what made me think no way he died. The spring was corrupted because Jacob died? At first I thought Samurai Jack was making a blood offering to clear the pool, but I think he was testing it to see if he healed. That he didn't really threw them I think.

Juliet ... damn it. I didn't want her to die, but if tey would have saved her after really breaking her to pieces I think I would have been more upset. I'm glad she didn't get saved by the temple mechanic, mostly because I didn't want to have a cheap and easy resurrection mechanic to take tension out of any danger situation. Richard said he'd never seen anyone brought back to life, and now we have an explanation for Locke, but we have no clue why Sayid.

Did anyone else think the temple folk are the original Blackrock crew? They would have had to get the same fountain of youth treatment that Richard did, but they did look very piratey to me.

I just realized that the parts that stuck with me are the island parts. The alternate plane timeline hasn't grabbed me yet, even though the implication is completely mind-blowing. It worked, but only sort of? What the fuck does that even mean and how will it play out? Such good questions, but they dangle the temple in front of me and I am distracted by the shiny object.

Wow. What the hell. So many ridiculous moments, from the island being underwater to Jacob appearing to Hurley to Locke transforming into Smokey and killing everything in sight to Sol Starr. I need some time to collect my thoughts, because that was one amazing but completely strange episode (though some of the Temple stuff was a bit silly).

Wow, so much to take in. I'm only beginning to process everything. Some initial thoughts...

So sad to see Juliet finally die even if she didn't have to die alone but with Sawyer holding her. And to have her buried on the island, the place she wanted to leave more than anything...*sigh* Heres hoping we see her alive and happy in the alt timeline.

They had Ian Somerhalder miss an episode of Vampire Diaries and fly all the way from Georgia to Hawaii and back in a two day filming stint to film an interior scene? I thought for sure we'd see him outside or someplace. But it was great to see Boone with Locke again even for only a few seconds.

Locke in the wheelchair again...*sniff* It just made me so sad especially after we had been teased with his comments to Boone about his walkabout. And to hear Flocke's comments about Locke's final thoughts...must have been a really surreal scene for Terry to film. But I loved that moment between him and Jack in the alt timeline with the possibility of another miracle spinal surgery.

So Richard was once in chains...presumably on the Black Rock. Didn't see that coming. The chained part, that is. So looking forward to his flasback episode later this season to find out more.

Interesting to see what was in Hurley's guitar case...reminds me of that necklace that Ethan's mother's first husband had that caused Horace to go on his drinking binge and miss Ethan's birth.

Finally at last the Temple! And Zak and Emma with Cindy!

I'm totally going to have to watch this again.

Did Locke seem more confident and calm in the new/alternate timeline (I guess the only timeline he is alive in right now)? It's kind of like season 1 island Locke, but without ever coming to the island - and that's awesome, because season 1 island Locke was ... well, awesome.

My thoughts on Flight 815 (redux):

I am pretty sure Locke was lying to Boone about actually going on the walkabout. I can't see that changing - how could he participate?

Where did Desmond disappear to on the plane?

Seeing S1 Jin and Sun made me sad, but also appreciate how far those characters have come. Jin especially. Button your shirt? Man.

Charlie! :( :love: "I was supposed to die." Hmm. I don't think he was attemping suicide, so what's up what that statement?

Rose and Bernard. :love:

Sawyer was not himself - he didn't call Hurley a nickname ONCE. There's definitely a change to his character...I just don't know what.

Boone is fucking manpretty. Holy crap. And yeah, the line about "I'll follow you." :( I didn't like his character much until he died, so that struck me.

The ending montage of all of them leaving the plane was so bittersweet to me. It truly felt like S1, especially with the swell of the music. And the Jack/Locke moment was a nice nod. I can't help but think that Locke is truly miserable and just hiding it well. When no one was looking at him, he looked so morose.

(PS: What was up with the cut on Jack's neck?)

The Island story is bananas, but I haven't seen the last 20 minutes of the second episode, so I don't have much to say except that the Smokey scene was BADASS. And how Bram drew the ash circle, and Smokey couldn't cross it...so he tricked him to leave the circle. Makes me think that there's no way in hell that was the MIB in the cabin - it was definitely Jacob, which means it was Jacob who told Locke to help him back in S3. The ash circle wasn't broken then, it was broken in S4...so yeah. Something to think about.

Loved it. Want it to be next Tuesday already. I really like Hiroyuki Sanada so I'm thrilled he's on the show and I liked Sol Starr's appearance as well. Hope to see alot more of them.

Thoughts:

- Interesting little differences from the pilot to the alternate timeline. Particularly I liked Hugo. I'm wondering if in fact because it is a different timeline instead of having all bad luck because of the numbers, he actually is having all good luck. I also think Desmond is clearly going to fix the timelines. His randomn appearance/disappearance on the plane is obviously interesting.

- Wonder what happened to Rose and Bernard in the real timeline after nuke. Will they wake up and find their cabin burned down around them?

- Very much liked seeing Arzt, Frogurt, Boone, and Charlie. Looking forward to seeing more if again only for flashes.

- Liked how Smokey killed the dude who thought he was protected in the circle.

(PS: What was up with the cut on Jack's neck?)

The Island story is bananas, but I haven't seen the last 20 minutes of the second episode, so I don't have much to say except that the Smokey scene was BADASS. And how Bram drew the ash circle, and Smokey couldn't cross it...so he tricked him to leave the circle. Makes me think that there's no way in hell that was the MIB in the cabin - it was definitely Jacob, which means it was Jacob who told Locke to help him back in S3. The ash circle wasn't broken then, it was broken in S4...so yeah. Something to think about.

I was wondering about that cut as well. Smokey didn't really trick Bram into leaving the circle, unless you mean tricking is hitting him with the roof :)

I still don't think it was Jacob in the cabin though, there is no reason for him to protect himself from Smokey, Smokey can't hurt him. Are you sure the ash circle wasn't broken in Season 3?

Archived