NFL Thread 11

DanteGabriel

I wouldn't be surprised to see Young in Dallas backing up Romo. Didn't Jones have a hard on for him?

I'd be very surprised. I'm sure Young still thinks he's a starter. And he'd want a salary that would make him too expensive to be a backup, anyway.

SI's Truth and Rumors section says the Seahawks might be in the mix for Young also.

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

I agree. Young is not a winner in the NFL. He is the opposite of that. What is the word? Nonwinner.

I am not going to look back at my preseason picks; I know they were bad. I know I had the Giants winning the East and the Eagles last. I had Miami winning their division. The only bright spot is I know I picked the Falcons to win the NFC, which was a bold pick at the time and is still looking good.

Wild Card Week:

Indy over NYJ: There are a lot of things that make me nervous about picking the Colts, but they seem to be getting healthier, and the Jets are struggling. If the Jets get behind early, it could be a blowout. If the Jets start strong, then we'll see, but Manning over Sanchez feels like a comfortable pick.

Baltimore over KC: Kansas City is a good story, and they are playing much better football than previous years. But if this were a neutral site, I would still pick the Ravens by 10. KC has really played poorly against good teams. The only question is how much Arrowhead will help them. It didn't last week.

Saints over Seattle: I doubt it will be as close as their previous meeting in Seattle. Which the Saints won by 15.

Packers over Eagles: Best game of the weekend. Both teams have a lot of weapons on offense. Pack have a few more weapons on defense, which should make the difference.

The most recent rumors are suggesting that if Harbaugh does go to the NFL, the 49ers are the most likely team, but there's still a solid chance that he will stay at Stanford.

Yeah, and the numbers are 6 million-ish for either place. I don't think he's worth that much, but hey... if the owner/boosters want to fork that over, then who am I to judge?

Rex Ryan put an ad online looking for well-hung black men to fuck his wife. I have nothing to add to this.

C'mon. You know you do!

At least "having seen the Jets Locker room and found things wanting..."

or mayhaps "inspired by seeing <insert name> showering every day after practice..."

or even "really, really, really inspired by seeing <insert name> showering every day after practice..."

C'mon. You know you do!

At least "having seen the Jets Locker room and found things wanting..."

or mayhaps "inspired by seeing <insert name> showering every day after practice..."

or even "really, really, really inspired by seeing <insert name> showering every day after practice..."

Now it makes sense why they traded for Antonio "I got so many kids I don't remember them all" Cromartie after his amazing punk-ass performance in the Chargers-Jets playoff game last year.

Harbaugh to the Niners. 5 years $25 million. Press conference to come later today.

Pretty exciting as a Niners fan.

Cause of the damn news cycle, now I'm surprised by this. All the talk of him becoming the highest paid coach in the NFL and then word of him leaning towards Stanford.

Like Harbaugh's potential. Did a helluva job at San Diego and Stanford. The bigest risk is of course a college coach coming to the NFL as all the recent ones have flamed out (except of course Pete "Division Champ" Caroll) but I like Harbaugh more than the others. The added bonus is that Captain Comeback was a pretty damn good QB back in the 90's and may be the best QB currently on the 49ers roster.

Cause of the damn news cycle, now I'm surprised by this. All the talk of him becoming the highest paid coach in the NFL and then word of him leaning towards Stanford.

Like Harbaugh's potential. Did a helluva job at San Diego and Stanford. The bigest risk is of course a college coach coming to the NFL as all the recent ones have flamed out (except of course Pete "Division Champ" Caroll) but I like Harbaugh more than the others. The added bonus is that Captain Comeback was a pretty damn good QB back in the 90's and may be the best QB currently on the 49ers roster.

Eh, he was mediocre at best. Although for a Bears QB that makes him a slight bit above average :P The rest I agree with

Eh, he was mediocre at best. Although for a Bears QB that makes him a slight bit above average :P The rest I agree with

I ignore his time with the Bears. He took the essentially same Colts team that was godawful the year before Peyton Manning came and got them to a hail mary pass away from the Super Bowl.

I ignore his time with the Bears. He took the essentially same Colts team that was godawful the year before Peyton Manning came and got them to a hail mary pass away from the Super Bowl.

I think you have your years confused. The season before Manning came, they were the worst team in the league (with Harbaugh as their QB). That's how they got the #1 pick overall.

Sure he had a few "good" seasons with Indy (like 9-7 good), but his most wins were definitely with the Bears. His best season, that you referenced, came on the back of Marshall Faulk.

I liked the guy as a player but he was never big on talent. Whether or not you count his most successful period (by winning pct.), he still never rose above mediocre.

ETA: Oh yea, I just remembered who Harbaugh lost the AFC championship to. The Neil O'Donnell led Steelers. Man, what a different era that was, when those two QBs were top two contenders from the AFC.

a wonderful article regarding the seattle seahawksunexpected playoff appearance.

LOL, great stuff. Love this part: "Not only am I sure this team can lose the next three, but we're going to go to Arlington, lose to whatever team they put in front of us, and bring home a Super Bowl trophy to Seattle," Carroll told reporters during a press conference Monday. "The question isn't if we are going to lose, but how much we are going to lose by. I'm predicting 40 or 50 points."

Back in my Univ days I went to some keg parties at The Onion founders' place in Madison.

Archived