Bear's football be thy game.

The Forte run, this playoff game won,

on earth, as it is in Soldier Field.

Give us this Sunday, a playoff victory.

And forgive us our penalties, as we defeat

those Packers, who play against us.

Lead us not into the off-season,

but deliver us unto Texas.

For thine is the D-Line and the O-Line and the Hester, Forever and ever .....

Bear Down!!!!!

Oh man, I can't wait until 6:30 tonight I'm so damn excited. I'm a lot more confident this week than I was last week, and I totally agree with whichever talking head it was that said considering what happened last week that if the Jets lost this week it would be as big a disappointment as if USA Hockey had lost to Finland after USA 4, USSR 3. Its too bad I'm still getting over a bad case of food poisoning and so I'm just not up to heading out to the local Jets bar.

I'm actually wavering on the Packers vs Bears game. Having been raised a Cowboys fan (no bandwagoning here, Bronn :P ) I have detested the Bears since '85. But my civic pride and the crowing the Cheeseheads will do has me almost wanting to pull for the Bears. Almost.

On the other game, I have to root for the Jets. The thought of the Steelers winning a title in Dallas is vomit inducing. And the Jets, well they do back up all their garbage.

Well Mexal, you may get your wish...

Source saying Carson Palmer demanding trade or will retire

eta: fixed link

I just came here to post that.

Funny enough, I don't really want him to go anywhere this year. We don't have anyone on the roster who will give us a chance to win. At least if he does get traded and we lose every game like we probably will, we can get Luck next year. I'd be willing to tank this year if we can get Luck.

I would bet my house that this has to do with there being no accountability for our offensive inadequacies with Bratkowski coming back.

There would definitely be a market for Palmer, but probably not at $11.5M. I don't know what Carson wants to prove here. His only hope of playing someplace else in 2011 is to renegotiate that deal out of existence. Which would be really stupid of him. $11M is still $11M.

I've been both a Packer fan since I was old enough to follow sports and a Wisconsin resident my whole life. For most of that time the Packer-Bears rivalry really felt like a non-factor. It was a matter for friendly ribbing but not much more. Yeah, you had Smith coming on board with the stated first priority of beating the Packers. I think that had as much to do with defeating Green Bay, a team that had owned the Bears asses for nearly a decade, being a critical element in becoming competitive in the division as it did with any real enmity towards the Packers. I haven't really felt much tension for Bears week except for a year or two after the Majikowski-Sharpe touchdown pass replay game which did upset a lot of people on the chicago side (Majikowski was over the line, even as a Packer fan I admit it was an awful decision to not let the penalty stand). This has brought back the intensity in a palatable way. However it turns out the loser, both team and fans, is going to be baring a grudge for years to come. This is a great moment for football. I can't wait to get it on.

Wow. The first drive often is not reflective of the way the game plays out. On the other hand on that drive the Packers were simply playing at another level than the Bears D.

I like the Packers offensive play calling thus far... really going for some deep balls. Too bad the connect wasn't quite on.

I hated those two calls. They're having such success with the intermediate game, what was the point? Note that they're back to the intermediate game now and just got first-and-goal.

Archived