Major. League. Baseball.

Myshkin

I'll bet you both do.

We'll we were all happy for you. For a moment or two. It didn't take you Giants fans too long to grow a couple hat sizes did it? ;)

Pretty much this. We Giants fans are happy that our team will remain competitive for the near future. You however continuously freak out about OMG IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REPEAT like we don't already know that. In the course of you explaining how the Giants offense with be worse at every position and all of our pitchers will require surgery by May, I mentioned Belt was in the pipeline and you said you'd keep an eye out.

It does ring a bell. So, yeah, I'll keep an eye out. Thank all the baseball gods for MLB Network!

This could be the last year that Albert Pujols is a Cardinal. This makes losing Wainwright for the year all the more frightening. This could be could have been our last best shot at winning a title. Perhaps Albert will stay and Wainwright will return from Tommy John better than ever, but the future is cloudy.

Watch out for the return of 3rd baseman David Freese for St. Louis.

Don't remind me.

I grew up watching Albert. I'll miss him if everything falls through.

I'm worried about our pitching most though. But I'm always worried about our pitching.

It didn't take you Giants fans too long to grow a couple hat sizes did it? ;)

Be fair now. We want you guys to get there too, but we have to fucking gloat in front of the Dodger fans here.* It's like the law or something.

*would never bother with random idiot Dodger fans; at least these guys are honest to god Baseball fans and understand the importance of the rivalry to the experience. Even if they are scumbags.

the dodger/giant rivalry is simply epic.

in 2000 i was in sf for a dodger game. it was a company trip for the restaurant i had been working at in santa cruz. myself and three others arrived early and set up a grill, a keg and such for the bus full of our coworkers who were on the way there. the tailgating parking lot was pretty sweet. we were surrounded by giants fans. i was in my dodger cap. not the best choice. the giants fans did not hesitate to talk shit. i was totally outnumbers so i grilled and drank quietly. sometime later a giants fan comes over and sheepishly admits he forgot charcoal for his grill. he sees i have a lot of it. i could hear my father in my head telling him to fuck off. but, i was overcome by generosity. he came back later to thank me and offered me my choice of a bag of mushrooms and a bag of marijuana.

the game itself was not filled with friendships like that. instead i nearly got in a fight with a number of people at the stadium as the dodgers won.

It feels very strange to be watching the Gamecast and seeing "Theriot" on my team. Very strange.

three double plays hit into by pujols. what the hell? is he already looking towards that payday with another team?

and the defense totally fell apart in the final inning. holy shit.

and we need to talk, son. you are living in socal. i would like to come over sometime and talk to you about the love and salvation that is the los angeles dodgers. are you ready to accept sandy koufax as you lord and saviour?

Le sigh. Turrible defense. Pick it up tomorrow.

Broxton: Pat the Bat has your number. You got a date Friday, man!

Fun, fun, fun, fun.

Also, Rowand should not be a Giant anymore starting very shortly. Make it happen soon please. I didn't even have to see his face tonight and yet his presence still annoys me. Get well soon, Cody.

Yanks deal out a nice opener. Glad Tex homered. Hopefully we won't need to hear of yet another poor April for him. Granderson went crazy. I thought he had an injury. But he flew and dove around the outfield. More like a goalie than outfielder.

No shit! Only one day into the baseball season and a Giants fan "critically beaten" at Dodger stadium.

Yes. This gets brought up every time the Yankees and Red Sox fans go on about their shorter tenured, media manufactured version of "the greatest rivalry in baseball!"

The only thing is this is the *takes off Giants cap for a moment* only real reason I hate Dodgers apparel on sight. It could conceivably cost me my life.

Now obviously, this isn't common statistically, but I'd rather be puked on by ten Phillie fans or assaulted by 5 Raiders fan than get stabbed because I root for the Giants. And as far as I've read, the serious physical abuse usually comes from Team Blue. *puts back Giants cap* which is why I'm prouder to be from the fan-base that had an airplane fly a "2010 World Champion Giants" banner over Dodger stadium last night, than a fan of those fucking guys. But I'm also proud of being a part of the best rivalry in baseball.*

*minus those fuckers on either side who take it too fucking far

Archived