Major. League. Baseball.

Myshkin

Buck Showalter. MOY.

True dat. The Orioles went 34–23 last year under Showalter after he took over, actually best record in the AL East over that same stretch. I'm suddenly getting more excited.

Get well soon, Cody. :(

Seconded.

I really don't think Huff is THAT bad an outfielder... but I do think the "Wild Kingdom" outfield should come to an end. We can force one of Burrell/Huff into a corner and Torres can cover some ground for them. But both of them together just leaves us too vulnerable defensively.

Oh well... it's just one series. Hopefully things turn around in San Diego with Bumgarner and Lincecum on the mound.

Oh well... it's just one series. Hopefully things turn around in San Diego with Bumgarner and Lincecum on the mound.

<pessimist>

Doesn't that just mean we're back to more groundballs and more chances for the infield to fuck up defensively?

</pessimist>

I mean, yay, San Diego! I can't wait. :leaving:

First things first: This thread still has way way WAY too much NL Central talk. WTF? Seriously. :P

I was really optimistic about Quade but predictably he is a jackass. Why is Bryd hitting 3rd? Why do you let Reed Johnson bat against a righty with fukudome on the bench in the bottom of the 9th? These are mistakes that just cant happen.

With Barney-Bryd hitting 2-3 we have our two of our three worst position player bats batting second and third. Thats fucking stupid.

With commentary like this, I know it's going to be a great year.

Who? Please let's stick to talking about baseball teams.

Musta really sucked last year to finish ten games behind a gypsy dance band. Either that or a superior baseball team, but I'd not expect any member of a group that misassigns responsibility for its own stabbings to a rival AND can wonder why anyone with an IQ above ten despises Tommy Lasorda. Thankfully, some opinions are easily dismissed solely on the basis of the people advocating them. That and the fact they are dead wrong.

Musta really sucked last year to finish ten games behind a gypsy dance band. Either that or a superior baseball team, but I'd not expect any member of a group that misassigns responsibility for its own stabbings to a rival AND can wonder why anyone with an IQ above ten despises Tommy Lasorda. Thankfully, some opinions are easily dismissed solely on the basis of the people advocating them. That and the fact they are dead wrong.

It's cute when Padre fans think they have a rivalry. Sorry, you get nothing but disdain from LA and SF (you know, real baseball teams). All our hatred is reserved for each other, there's simply none left for you.

Orioles 4 and 0? Good show. I'm totally up for a shake up in the AL East, at least a little bit.

I feel like I'm living someone else's life!

It won't last, but it's a fun ride while it does. And who knows what will happen with all this confidence being built up early in the season (instead of being completely destroyed like in the start of last season)?

It's cute when Padre fans think they have a rivalry. Sorry, you get nothing but disdain from LA and SF (you know, real baseball teams). All our hatred is reserved for each other, there's simply none left for you.

Who said anything about a rivalry? San Diego has no true rival. Just a superior baseball team (superior to the Dodgers, an end-of-season Sunday loss behind the Giants). Used to hate the Dodgers when they were worth hating. But the past twenty years have been more about pity. They've gone from a traditional power to the also-rans in blue.

Quade mismanaged the shit out of the bullpen again. Marmol and Wood have both gone the last 3 days and Cashner is starting, so i expect them to limit him. There is no way they win tomorrow.

Q better lay off Kid K's arm or its going to explode in a month.

I felt like an idiot telling my friends that the Orioles would be the surprising team in the AL east. (surprising being approx 85 wins.) I still definitely feel that the AL east will have the best last place team in MLB this year. (And possibly good enough the win the worst division (not certain about that, but at 5-1 I'd put some money down.))

The silver lining for the Sox is that after three games Papelbon hasn't blown a save yet.

Archived