Major. League. Baseball.

Myshkin

The start of this season is now officially an unmitigated disaster for TB. Whereas teams like Boston have the firepower to hit themselves out of a poor start, I'm not convinced that the same applies for the Rays :thumbsdown:.

But you just got it back. Torture indeed.

Because of course the home opener involves a blown save op. Of course it goes into extra innings. Of course Aaron Rowand gets a hit. HE IS THE GRITTIEST OF THEM ALL. Giants baseball: Together, we're driving fans crazy. :bang:

Not a single Manny Rameriez comment today?

It's pretty crazy. How dumb do you have to be to be caught twice by this new steroid testing regime? You'd think he would have learned his lesson the first time, but no. Sucks for Tampa Bay.

We're climbing up out of the basement in Baltimore, baby!

Just woke up to the news about Ramirez.

As I said - this is a disastrous start for TB. We're about to go 0-7 with no Manny and our other major recruit Damon hitting at less than .100 :frown5:.

Just woke up to the news about Ramirez.

As I said - this a a disastrous start for TB. We're about to go 0-7 with no Manny and our other major recruit Damon hitting at less than .100 :frown5:.

No 0-7. Maybe Manny's going away was just the lift the Rays actually needed... :P

No 0-7. Maybe Manny's going away was just the lift the Rays actually needed... :P

Yeah, I wasn't exactly expecting the 5-run rally in the ninth after everything that's happened in the past week :thumbsup:.

Not for nothing, but I'm proud to be associated with, even in semi-manufactured sports hate, the baseball fans of Los Angeles. Dedicating the park to strong security while in their own financial crisis and holding a fundraiser for Bryan Stow speaks for itself.

I don't care about the steroids, Manny better make it into the HoF. Pete Rose better get his ass in there soon, too.and;

A lot of voters strangely take steroids and gambling (and lying about it) seriously.

May as well throw Barry Bonds in as well if those two are getting in.

Well, the Reds are showing plenty of offensive power, unfortunately our craptastic relief pitching is allowing teams like the D-backs to score 12 runs. I'm happy to see them on the top of the NL Central but this doesn't look like a championship team to me. Hoping Cueto gets healthy and our hurlers can get it together.

After ten (or nine in some cases) the Indians and Orioles sit atop their division. Crazy.

NL West is a freaking quagmire other than the Rockies. I'm sitting around hoping that some of the young Dodgers pitching will come through, but the pessimist in me says we need Tommy back on the bench and Gibson to come out of the dugout in the 9th to have a shot at this.

So the Sox pitching mostly sucks (not last night, though), some key parts of the lineup just can't get it going, and we're 2-7; but they just won a series against the Yanks, so I can't complain too much.

Yeah Beckett was awesome in yesterday's game. I watched him a bit last season and wasn't sure what the fuss was about (I hadn't watched MLB before 2010), but after watching him pick-up 10 Ks against NYY last night I can see exactly why he's so highly regarded.

And Fez, at least you're ahead of the Rays...

Archived