Major. League. Baseball.

Myshkin

Those purple fiends are tough to figure out. I think they're just off to a really hot start, but TT might just be that good.

He is probably that good. But then you have...

St. Louis may have one of if not the best young 3rd Baseman in David Freese.

Noted.

Beware.

Of a third baseman? Let's not pretend he's George Brett just yet.

Haha. Fair enough. I think he might have won ROY last year in the NL had he not gone down with an injury, and he's off to a very solid start thus far. He's got skillz.

How dare you Ser!

I mean, HEYWARD'S BETTER clap clap clapclapclap

Wait. That didn't happen either.

Yeah. I

either. :P

Scott Rolen was wicked-good for a few years. The hot corner can produce players that make opponents weary.

Oh, no doubt. But even Wade Boggs or my beloved Matt Williams is one of the exceptions rather than the rule as far as production from that position.

*takes bow for Giant fans*

These Dodgers are quite silly creatures. Even when they put a "good" hurler out there, we cannot help but blast their savory pitches all about the field. 29 runs in three games thus far, in LA no less! Maybe we'll let them get one back today, but we're practically drunk on their fat pitching now. We may just have to bat them about one more time before we leave town.

:cry:

They shouldn't have pitched to him. They should have put him on first.

You should be coach of the Cards. If Tony can do it how hard can it be?

No Morgan or Miller is like Christmas every sunday night.

Oh my God yes. Thank Jeebus for this too.

What I love about this is that I can't tell if it's a burn on me or on Tony.

funny thing about tony larussa.

or a funny thing about me.

or a funny thing about alcohol.

or is it a combination of the three?

well, here it goes...

last year i took a friend to see his beloved astros (i know, astros, seriously) play the hapless washington nationals. seeing as it was such an amazing matchup of baseball juggernauts i was able to get tickets above the 'stros dugout for a modest sum of $12 a piece.

well we were drinking a flask of scotch during the game and talking baseball and we both settled upon hating larussa. my drunken mind suddenly realized that in fact he was the devil. i could not keep this newly discovered fact to myself. i began to tell those around us. after the game we walked towards the exit and my preaching hit a louder pace and i began yelling it to the masses (or so i am told).

regardless, larussa is the devil.

I like that theory actually. Even as a Cardinals fan, I have a love/hate relationship with LaRussa. I know that most baseball people consider him to be one of the better managers, and maybe he is (I think one of the smartest things he's done is keep pitching coach Dave Duncan with him for so long). But I don't care much for his personality at all. I would rather play for Joe Madden any day.

Yeah, Maddon is a great manager and pretty much the main reason I've decided to stick by TB instead of switching to a team with an Australian on its roster (Grant Balfour left the Rays at the end of last season so I don't really owe them any allegiance).

Random comment: looking at the results so far this season you'd have to say that AL East is easily the worst division in the Major Leagues, with only the Yanks able to boast a .500+ winning record. Pretty surprising based on most of the pundits' predictions at the outset of the season.

Random comment: looking at the results so far this season you'd have to say that AL East is easily the worst division in the Major Leagues, with only the Yanks able to boast a .500+ winning record. Pretty surprising based on most of the pundits' predictions at the outset of the season.

We refer to this as "East Coast Bias"

I assume it only applies to the AL though? I don't remember the NL equivalent teams (even the Phils) being talked up anywhere near as much.

That's mostly because there's not much reason to get worked up about AAAA baseball. :)

The AL East was a hell of a division last year. The horrible starts by Boston and Tampa Bay make it look not so good right now. Tampa Bay may stay that bad but I assume Boston will turn it around eventually. There is a lot of New York-Boston media bias, to be sure.

That's mostly because there's not much reason to get worked up about AAAA baseball. :)

The AL East was a hell of a division last year. The horrible starts by Boston and Tampa Bay make it look not so good right now. Tampa Bay may stay that bad but I assume Boston will turn it around eventually. There is a lot of New York-Boston media bias, to be sure.

How can you be an Orioles fan and NOT a fan of AAAA baseball???

THIS does not compute.

Archived