NFL Regular Season

Mexal

Yea Fox got stuck with a bum situation, Ortan fits his system better than Tebow does now. I think that there are some owners, gm, and coaches who would take a chance on him. Look at newton and Locker both have similar styles and Tebow did not suck all of that bad when he played last year. It is just crazy that he is more popular/known than some starting QBs and all other backups.

I walked into Dick's Sporting Goods this weekend and was greeted by a gigantic banner of the Bronco's third string QB snarling in his underwear.

:stunned:

Chris Johnson signs $53 million dollar deal. 30 million of it is guaranteed. So much for all the talk I kept hearing that he was only going to get top running back money!

I think it's justifiable. That guy is the heart of that offense. Any small chance of success they have this season rests squarely on his shoulders.

:stunned:

Chris Johnson signs $53 million dollar deal. 30 million of it is guaranteed. So much for all the talk I kept hearing that he was only going to get top running back money!

Nice tweet he had too. If you think he is greedy you must be a "fake fan." Cuz all true Titans fans would only want Chris "I can beat Usain Bolt in a 40" Johnson to get his money.

I think it's justifiable. That guy is the heart of that offense. Any small chance of success they have this season rests squarely on his shoulders.

I think there are a number of other backs that could have performed close to as well in the same situation. He is fast though. Their offense has averagely ranked 20th his three years with the team.

This is from a couple days ago, but Arian Foster is unhappy that fans don't actually care about him.

Here's his tweet:

4 those sincerely concerned, I'm doing ok & plan 2 B back by opening day. 4 those worried abt your fantasy team, u ppl are sick

I gotta say, I agree with him. It's a lot like people bothering a boxer before a fight about any possible injuries they've had, so they'll know where to bet. The article I linked above is an example of the wierd misplaced thinking that goes on these days.

I never would believe that there would be more people interested in Foster's injury for fantasy purposes than actual fans of his team who want to make sure he can play and help them win. Although, I suppose either way it's still thinking of him as less a man than he is a tool to help your team.

I never would believe that there would be more people interested in Foster's injury for fantasy purposes than actual fans of his team who want to make sure he can play and help them win. Although, I suppose either way it's still thinking of him as less a man than he is a tool to help your team.

I think you're underestimating the popularity of Fantasy Football. I'd give you 5 to 1 odds that the number of FF fanatics concerned with his injury far outstrip the number of Texan fans. That being said, I think this whole story was totally blown out of proportion. Seems to me it was a lighthearted jab by Foster moreso than anything serious. And FF is a sickness. No two ways about it.

This is from a couple days ago, but Arian Foster is unhappy that fans don't actually care about him.

Here's his tweet:

I gotta say, I agree with him. It's a lot like people bothering a boxer before a fight about any possible injuries they've had, so they'll know where to bet. The article I linked above is an example of the wierd misplaced thinking that goes on these days.

And then you have Jones-Drew who may be more concerned about Foster(if Foster was on his fantasy team) than he is about himself.

This is a shout out from "Fat Albert" to all the Redskins fans in the house:

(Albert Haynesworth after the Giants-Pats pre-season game):

"For me, (New England) is a career-saving place for me to come. I had no idea it would be like this. It's unbelievable. I wish I kinda took two years ago and came here."

When it was noted that he earned a handsome pay day for his time -- as turbulent as it was -- with the Redskins, Haynesworth added, "You know what, when all is said and done, hell, I'd give that money back and I'd come here." (emphasis supplied)

What a guy! Now all Dan Snyder needs to do is build a time machine and he can get his money back. Haynesworth went on to say something totally inaudible because he had two canned-hams in his mouth while attempting to fondle a Denny's waitress.

By the way, everyone is gushing over Haynesworth's performance. He had a tackle. One. That was it. They are trying to say he put pressure on Carr on the first play, but Carr completed a pass basically in Chubby-McFatterson's face, and the receiver fumbles - totally inconsequential from Haynesworth's rush.

But hey at least Chad Ochocinco is completely confused and looks shell-shocked now that he's a Patriot. Apparently, the Pat's play book and signal calling is completely different than what he was used to with the Bengals- insofar as the Patriots actually have a playbook and signal calling. What did the Bengals do? Did Palmer just get in the huddle, put a bottle cap and three twigs on the ground and say, okay, T.J., you're the twig with the leaf on it; Chad, you're the Butterfinger wrapper - I want TJ, you do do ... (makes a gesture with his hand) one of these! Chad, you just get open. BREAK!" How hard can it really be? And does it take 4 weeks to adjust?

This is a shout out from "Fat Albert" to all the Redskins fans in the house:

(Albert Haynesworth after the Giants-Pats pre-season game):

At least you're seeing through the bullshit stacked 20 feet high and a mile wide, Rockroi. He'd give the money back - that's a fucking joke. First of all, Haynesworth could've chosen to not accept the $30 million bonus. Instead he accepted it and then didn't show up. Make fun of Danny and Cerrato for giving him that contract, they deserve it. But Albert's complete absence of character was on display for the world to see through the entire process.

Almost threw up when I saw the Pats D-line coach gush effusively about how "Albert's a great guy. Totally not what others have made out to be." His actions are all public record. It ain't a fucking mystery why people feel the way they do about Haynesworth. Great guys don't step on other player's faces with cleats on, great guys don't have a sexual assault case, a physical assault case, and a breach of contract case all levied at the same time because of things Fat Albert did or didn't do. Did the Redskins make him do all those things too? Great guys don't take the money and then just decide they're not going to live up to their end of the contract. I get how the NFL works and the revisionism teams apply to players once they get 'em...but Jesus that quote is borderline offensive to anyone even as passing understanding of what the man is all about. Enjoy what he does on the field for you, but never forget what he is.

I don't think the Pats are going to do so well this year.

Don't get me wrong, they'll make the playoffs (it'll be close in the division race against the Jets), but I just don't see this team going all the way.

The acquiring of Ochocinco and Fat Albert may look like cheap moves (they traded like 5th round picks for both), but compared to how the Patriots usually run things, I think it smacks of desperation to win.

Hell, they'll still be better than my Colts though.

yeah, if you're a packers fan.

Because if there's one consistent thing in the league, it is that players that played well for the Patriots appear to be completely and utterly useless when they go outside of the Patriots - and that's assuming they're traded for or bought. A player that gets cut from the Pats? Yeah, that sounds lovely. I had thought Meriweather was a bust when he was drafted, and it's looking that way. Not sure why Bears fans should be excited to have him, especially when the tampa 2 is so focused on good safety play.

yeah, if you're a packers fan.

Because if there's one consistent thing in the league, it is that players that played well for the Patriots appear to be completely and utterly useless when they go outside of the Patriots - and that's assuming they're traded for or bought. A player that gets cut from the Pats? Yeah, that sounds lovely. I had thought Meriweather was a bust when he was drafted, and it's looking that way. Not sure why Bears fans should be excited to have him, especially when the tampa 2 is so focused on good safety play.

I don't know how you can call him a "bust" he's been to the last 2 pro-bowls... And I think they cut him because they have Emmanuel Sanders and Patrick Chung, anyway.

Though the point about ex-patriots is valid. Let's hope it just effects offensive players. Whatshisname in Oakland is still doing ok.

Sivin might be. I can never keep track with that guy.

:smoking:

Archived