BwB T-Shirts / LACon Shirts

The line that pretty much inspired me to suggest the theme in the first place was...

Robert: "In Highgarden there are fields of golden roses that stretch away as far as the eye can see. The fruits are so ripe they explode in your mouth: melons, peaches, fireplums, you've never tasted such sweetness. Flowers everywhere, the markets bursting with food, the summerwines so cheap and so good that you can get drunk just breathing the air. Everyone is fat and drunk and rich."

Edited to tidy up and add, I like the proposed design, JF. I am curious how it will look in a smaller 'breast pocket sized' version

Hehe it would be funny to simplify the back of the shirt to say HIGHGARDEN: Everyone is fat and drunk and rich!

Um, I was wondering if someone could put me in contact with the online store that made our tees last year. Then I could ask them about how many colors and the way they'd like to set up the plate and it would make the process go a lot easier in terms of knowing what to design.

I'm not entirely happy with the design, I might make a few more tweaks before all is said and done. But I would like to see what the screenprinters think first. ^_^

Also, any info on how to get the quotes approved by GRRM?

Those are awesome designs Jedi - but everyone....please. Hold your horses until we make a proper announcement.

The problem with these kind of threads is it's so easy for things to get out of hand. My apologies, I should have been checking in more frequently.

We've been talking to people about doing the designs...and what text (if any) to put on the shirts. NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE YET, and probably won't be for a while yet. There's no rush.

Yeah I'm also going to emphasize here that I'm not the official designer of anyhting, it's not an official design, and I'm just drawing logos and throwing them up to see if you guys might be interested in using them. That is all. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder or make anyone confused, sorry if it seemed like it.

But in order to find out what is available in terms of color design and stuff, maybe we should ask last year's screen printer what the set up costs are so we have a better idea of pricing and design limitations. That's all I meant. >_< Maybe I sounded too enthusiastic.

Jedi - I certainly don't want to put a damper on any enthusiasm ;) And like I said, I really do like the designs.

We're not going to be producing the shirts as early this year though, and probably won't get them printed until right before the con. So there really is no rush in deciding anything.

As for the costs...we might not be as budget limited this year, so if there's a reasonable degree of enthusiasm for the design(s) we decide to go with, I'm not going to worry about that too much. Still like to avoid anything more than 3 or 4 flat colours though.

Quotes - last year was kind of a one-off with the vows. In previous years the text (apart from occasional use of the house words) has been mainly BwB-related, and we'll probably be reverting to that.

Again....nothing set in stone yet :P

Hehe it would be funny to simplify the back of the shirt to say HIGHGARDEN: Everyone is fat and drunk and rich!

:agree::rofl:

(Nice designs, btw! I really like the idea of the hands holding a rose!)

Hey folks - awesome seeing how fired up everyone is on t-shirt designs and different ideas for both the BwB and LACon.

Parris has her own apparel at MST, and George and Parris both give us great support to help raise money to pay for these amazing Gatherings.

I spoke to GoN and daj on taking over command of the t-shirts for LACon - they are 2 of the hardest working and dedicated BwBers around, are willing, and from the amazing success they achieved in Glasgow with the Night's Watch shirts, are more than capable. We might be getting into a "too many cooks" situation, with tons of ideas, suggestions, and ways to execute.

Noob questions:

What is MST and BwB?

LACon is sort of self explanatory. There's 0 chance I'll be able to attend that, so would these proposed shirts be available to those of us trapped in (for example) Rhode Island?

:)

I'm.......speechless Zak :P

Edit for dingosatemybaby: MST is Mystic Spiral Traders - they produce the official Ice and Fire tshirts and are run by Parris. There's a link to their website under 'license holders' on the top right of the board pages.

BwB is the Brotherhood Without Banners. The fan group this sub-forum is dedicated to, run by Lodengarl the Three-Fisted Baron. The website is here - http://www.bwbfanclub.com/

Another edit: Slight change of plans folks - update coming at the weekend (probably)

Never diss the Artist-In-Residence, Bronn.

Clearly said rose is red because Randyll Tarly made some n00b cry bloody tears all over it.

What's he gonna do about it? Go Randyll Tarly on my arse? Make a comparative drawing of the Bronnstone and the Zollock?? Make a silly drawing of me being pwned by every n00b known??? (that'd be kinda cool, actually).

I tremble in fear.

• 4 weeks later...
speaking of t shirts...

how many of you would be interested in buying/owning a "Blame Pod" t-shirt? Im thinking of making up a bunch for LA.

Seriously.

I am totally down. Doubly so, if Pod forbids it. :)

Archived