Once Upon a Time (It's very own thread)

Howdyphillip

I am still watching it. I love it a lot of the times, but some things about it drive me nuts.

The Mayor/Queen's acting just annoys me. And I still don't like Henry.

But Mr. Gold is fantastic. I like Emma okay, and Snow White/Ms. Blanchard is great. I'm still excited to see where everything is going.

I do miss the old sheriff though. Poor guy never really got any closure, and I keep hoping at some point Emma will figure out some way to pin that murder on the mayor or solve it somehow. Or even acknowledge that he existed.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight on "Once Upon A Time"

The florist in Storybrooke is called Game of Thorns. :P

And Emilie DeRavin is playing Belle.

So I get ASOIAF and L O S T Easter eggs tonight. \m/

ETA: it's not really a L O S T Easter egg so much as a former LOSTie guest star but you know what I mean.

And Emilie DeRavin is playing Belle.

forced myself through the last four episodes to get to this one. INterest in the show has completely waned but Claire was my favorite character, so I need to get to the point

Yeah, tonight was really good, definitely one of the better so far. Can't get enough of Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, and I liked the dynamic between him and the EQ in the fantasy setting.

I thought it was good that Mr. Gold let out that he knew what was going on. First, it lets the viewers know for sure, and second, it will create tension between Mr. Gold and Regina in this universe. Honestly, they could completely drop Emma and Henry from the show and I wouldn't mind.

Something new happened this week with me. I always enjoy watching this show, and have been glad when it comes on, but after missing it last week, I was actually looking forward to it. I loved this Beauty and the Beast and I am incredibly exited to see Emilie de Ravin as Belle. I almost didn't recognize her at first. I really hope they keep her on as a recurring character.

I also absolutely love that the writers are keeping to the good vs. evil theme of fairy tales, yet have been giving us multidimensional characters. The Mr. Gold/Rupelstilskien storyline is a great example of this, and my crush on the Mayor/Evil Queen grows stronger every week.

This show is definitely at its strongest when dealing with Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold. I love have dueling antagonists, it helps alleviate the boring black-and-white of some traditional fairy tales. Also loving all the nods to the Disney movies, I literally clapped when she chipped the teacup.

This show is definitely at its strongest when dealing with Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold. I love have dueling antagonists, it helps alleviate the boring black-and-white of some traditional fairy tales. Also loving all the nods to the Disney movies, I literally clapped when she chipped the teacup.

It was great seeing Chip. Need to watch the episode again to see if there's a clock and candlestick in the background. Love the "real" reason for Rumple/Beast keeping the mirrors covered.

The Disney nods are done so wonderfully, it does not lighten or make the show less dark to put them in there but rather the reverse in giving the Disney counterparts darker reflections. It's brilliant.

Want to mention again though how glad I am that Mr. Glass has always been a closer nod to the Snow White magic mirror than the Genie in the lamp. Makes sense since we didn't find out how he was also the genie until 2 weeks ago, but a Robin Williams-ish character just wouldn't do well for the show, not at all. Also, there are so many ways you could call out the writers for being lazy or lacking imagination or creativity to have come up with that idea but imho, they pulled it off and ended up with one of the best episodes of the series.

No Robert Carlysle = less than great episode.

Still enjoyed it, but RumpleGold's prescence was sorely missed. I'm very glad they are staggering the James/Charming/Mary-Margaret/Snow White story line with episodes in between that don't involve them much. If it was all Snow and Charming it would get old very fast, every other episode makes it bearable and even somewhat interesting.

When Regina got the lighter out of her desk drawer to burn Abby's letter, seeing the can of red spray paint in there was a nice touch. :devil:

I can't wait for this series to start airing over here - we're not getting it until the spring - it looks really interesting!

I've been a Robert carlyle fan for a long time and I've heard he's good in this.

Opinions vary, I think it's great, others not so much, but most do agree, even those who aren't crazy about this series, that Carlysle is the best part of the series.

I also really enjoy the show - a genuine guilty pleasure, and have seen every episode thus far. It's especially a nice change from other types of new shows that are the same basic genres and formulas. And you know... it helps having a history and folklore background on my part which causes some bias..

It's not perfect, of course. You either get brilliant episodes or much weaker ones. Same goes with the actors, you get brilliant ones or the weaker ones. Examples, I didn't like the Cinderella episode that much (Goodness, horrible acting from her prince. And wasn't crazy about the whole pregnancy arc, with some parts being unbelievable/forced) nor Hansel and Gretel. And I wasn't sure about the whole twin-prince-switch fiasco.

Pretty much geared moreso towards the 'main' plots. The Evil Queen, Emma, The Huntsman, Rumplestilskin (And now Belle too), the relationship between Charming and Snow, the mysterious possibly-interesting new guy from out of town...seems stronger than the 'side stories' that stray away slightly from the top going ons, at least to me.

Anyhow, it's a solid show, it has a good balance of a variety of themes and hints, and the strong parts of the storylines are interesting.

And I was actually happy that The Queen is showing a more nasty side. Before I was like "Really? That's it? Just some sly remarks, tricks and tree cutting? She doesn't seem too bad" *Couple weeks later* "Oh. Getting pretty awful" *another week later* "Nevermind, she is evil."

• 2 weeks later...

Thought that this week's episode was a little weak. The fairy-side story was poorly done. I mean, the first 5 minutes were so cheesy and poorly done I wasn't sure I was watching the right show. And the writing was so cardboard and stilted between Nova and Dreamy. I did like the Dreamy->Grumpy conversion, though.

The Storybrooke side was better, but it still seemed a bit like treading water. I know Mary Margaret is somewhat hated, but that no one would even talk to her seems unlikely. But I know small towns can be vicious, so, I'll accept it. What I can't accept is that Emma is so thick as to not realize whatshisface is still working for the Mayor. As much as she claims to know when people are lying to her, she seems to just accept whatever anyone says to her.

Archived