Newest whatcha drinkin thread

TheLoneliestMonk

Perhaps he meant "greatest marginal utility Scotch in the world?"

Blended. Greatest marginal utility blended Scotch in the world. And even then he's wrong.

I'm pretty sure that the hallucination stuff used to be legit, but they changed the stuff at some point.

In the US, the "hallucination stuff" aka thujone isn't allowed by the FDA. Euro-absinthe can be different, but a lot of euro-absinthe is shit nowadays. Some of the Swiss stuff is actually pretty decent, but any of that disgusting Czech swill isn't worth cleaning your drains with. The absinthe renaissance hasn't filtered over that side of the ocean yet.

I'm pretty sure that the hallucination stuff used to be legit, but they changed the stuff at some point. Still a very popular drink southern France.

does it still make the heart grow fonder?

Little presumptuous don't you think?

Take it with a grain of salt, friends. :thumbsup:

I'm taking into account the price/quality/availability ratio. Not trying to start a connoisseur discussion over which is the greatest blended whiskey in the world. I'm a big JW fan, as you've probably guessed.

I just drank some green tea, and later tonight I believe I'll have some Laphroaig.

Euro-absinthe can be different, but a lot of euro-absinthe is shit nowadays. Some of the Swiss stuff is actually pretty decent, but any of that disgusting Czech swill isn't worth cleaning your drains with. The absinthe renaissance hasn't filtered over that side of the ocean yet.

Interesting to hear about this. I was in Prague this spring and became curious to try absinthe after seeing it for sale at a few stores, but ended up not buying any. Czech beer was really good, though (even though I only tried like two different beers).

Fat Tire (aka Cheeky Trisky Monkey's favourite)

It started out as two glasses with the burger I ordered. Then a quick pit stop to the local beer and wine shop for king cans. A brisk walk home and then viola, crack one open! I'm half in the bag and it tastes good enough to do it's job - sleepy go bye bye.

Johnnie Walker Blue. Cheers :cheers:

So do I. On tap?

EDIT: Been a long time since I had it any other way and wondering how cans compare?

You mean from the cask? If so yes.

I can't drink beers from cans. I just can't. It's like the fact that I only drink dark beer.

Johnnie Walker Black.

Greatest scotch in teh world.

I am gonna disagree.The grandest of them all is Johnnie Walker Blue.

Archived