Walking Dead Season 2

Young Wolf

T-DAWG!

There's a great picture of him being dubbed "the noticer". http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/03/irone-singleton-interview.php is really funny too. It's as if the interviewer is taking the piss and the actor doesn't realise it. I was hoping he'd mention leaning on fireplaces and grabbing guns as physically challenging but he was maybe being a pro and dodging spoilers ;) It's also a shame that charity is taking a hit while he's working on the shoe this way.

And on AMC's character bio they actually say this "Struggling with the guilt of leaving Merle behind on the rooftop, T-Dog feels the need to continually prove his worth to the group. But he is rendered useless and vulnerable." See, it's all great character. After Dale's death he is going to step up and next season he'll be the man!

(And really, that thing devoured almost an entire cow, and was still hungry)?

I think it just goes on blindly trying to devour every living thing that comes its way. Something like a dalek, only a hungry, rotting one.

Guys, red snow raises an interesting possibility about the comic that got me thinking; what if T-Dog has been on every single TV show all along and we just never noticed? What if he's like the Richarp Alpert of television. Like, you look really closely at an episode of 'I Love Lucy', and there's T-Dog in the background, looking exactly the same then as he does now.

T-Dog has to become a meme, seriously.

You know, when Dale was walking across that field and passed by the pile of burned zombies, I really was expecting a hidden "living" zombie to grab his ankle as he walked by distracted...

I think that ship has already sailed. I haven't gone to check him out on Wiki yet, but if he doesn't have a really funny addition to his bio, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Dale's death illustrates the problem very well. Slow zombies suck. If that thing had been mowing down on cow and simply sprinted at Dale, i could see it. Or even the fall of civilization. But this...slow zombie stuff. I'll deal with it, but i'll go mad if i try and say its a plot hole for the thing to sneak up on Dale.

Watching this I feel the same sensation I get when watching Falling Skies wonderful concept good idea somewhat astonishing that it got made

(I think everyone making a living off this show should light a candle for Max Brooks)

That being said wonderful concept and then they do absolutly nothing with it. It was all very well to have the graphic novels as source material but whoever is in charge needs to streamline it

If they fix nothing else it should be the Lost distance rule for the first 4 years when the guys on the Island needed to be somewhere they would walk and sometimes it would take an entire week which was like 7 episodes. Same problem for this show why do they have to have one of the guys say "I'm going to X" and then waste 15 minutes of him making the journey?

Ansewer being well if they didn't do that what would they talk about in the episode? I don't care who's job is that producer/writters? Figure it out.

I think it just goes on blindly trying to devour every living thing that comes its way. Something like a dalek, only a hungry, rotting one.

You know, when Dale was walking across that field and passed by the pile of burned zombies, I really was expecting a hidden "living" zombie to grab his ankle as he walked by distracted...

:stillsick:

Dale's death illustrates the problem very well. Slow zombies suck. If that thing had been mowing down on cow and simply sprinted at Dale, i could see it. Or even the fall of civilization. But this...slow zombie stuff. I'll deal with it, but i'll go mad if i try and say its a plot hole for the thing to sneak up on Dale.

It doesn't need to sprint. Dale just needs to panic or freeze up. It gets up from the cow and comes at him, and he doesnt know what to do. As it is now it apparently fell out of the sky. why wasn't it eating the rest of that whole cow?

That being said wonderful concept and then they do absolutly nothing with it. It was all very well to have the graphic novels as source material but whoever is in charge needs to streamline it

Ansewer being well if they didn't do that what would they talk about in the episode? I don't care who's job is that producer/writters? Figure it out.

this is absolutely true. And why I keep watching despite the fact that is an awful show devoid of interesting characters. There is potential there. Unfortunately, now that they've seen they can still get ratings despite keeping costs low by stretching out their plotlines, I fear they will continue to do so. But I'm still in for one more season.

an awful show

It's really not, though.

But this is a thread on an internet forum about a television show. It's to be expected to have your requisite, "This show sucks and it's stupid and even though it sucks and it's stupid I'm going to keep watching so I can come in here and tell you all how much it sucks and how stupid it is!"

Have fun with that.

I think I need to stop reading this thread. I enjoy a show more without all the piss taken out of it.*

Dale not seeing the zombie isn't a plot hole, just poor direction of the scene. They went for the "turn around fake out" camera trick instead of building it realistically. If you want the No-Prize approach, the zombie learned from its encounter with Carl about moaning and decided to keep its lip-less mouth shut. ;)

Flawed or not, the characters are engaging, and their reactions to what's happening realistic from each character's perspective. Humans are not constant beings. We react one way today and another tomorrow without reason other than it seemed right at the time.

*Yes, after BSG, Lost, etc you think I'd have learned by now. :)

ETA: Regarding why the zombie wasn't still munching on the cow, do they ever clean the bones of their victims? Or just eat until the victim is dead? Otherwise, there'd be a lot more limbless zombies dragging themselves around.

The main problem is the trade off between action and character development. The writer's have obviously decided that it's not just going to be an all out action-fest, but that they're going to have scenes or periods where the character's evolve. The Walking Dead isn't solely about running from Zombies constantly, it's premise is rather about humanity's struggle for survival and how people would react to the situation they're in.

Unfortunately the character development has been fairly poor and focussed on a small group of the characters. This is why there is the ridiculous situation with T-Dogg, where he's been involved almost from the start, we know almost nothing about him and he might only get one line in an episode. The show does have it's flaws admittedly, but I personally think it is pretty entertaining, although it could be improved.

Archived