Old-Timers Reunion Thread

I can't remember what came first EZ or EE but I remember posting on the original board. I'm guessing that was back in 97 or 98? Can't believe how much time has past. Ran may have remember exact numbers but I'm pretty sure we were one of the larger boards back then. I found this board just as the Internet was exiting the stone age. Back then social media was mostly about chat rooms, static personal web pages and a few blogs. This board was my first exposure to a true online community.

'Twas Dragonstone, then EEsite, then EZboard and then here. I forget who ran Dragonstone but I think it was Ravanshe(SP?) who ran EEsite. After those two Ran took over.

'Twas Dragonstone, then EEsite, then EZboard and then here. I forget who ran Dragonstone but I think it was Ravanshe(SP?) who ran EEsite. After those two Ran took over.

Peter Gibbs, the missing Australian, ran Dragonstone.

We should totally get the Aussie complement of the board to track him down.

Lest he becomes one of those internet legends...

Y'know -

"Maybe a dingo ate your messageboard!"

What irinates me is the fact that all these frickin noobs have more posts than I do. And yes, that includes you Jeff.

Yeah, I wasn't posting on Dragonstone long before we switched to eesite, so there's some of you geezers ahead of me. Min just sent me an old link from eesite where she and I had an insult duel. Saw Ser Gary, Dirjj (God, for him to be posting about Obama now would be awesome). Of course, there was almost no politics then at all. But we still managed to get rather nasty about Sandor, Catelyn, etc. Cool to see Zelt again, and I know Markus posts occasionally in the book threads.

:lol:

Yeah, I was amused when I heard that! As I recall, the opinion was that only guys under 25 should have those kind of bachelor parties. I was 28 at the time and vehemently protested. :fencing:

I wish I knew how to multi-quote.

No, I never have never been to a strip club with Chataya, let alone stripped at one. She and I pole-danced, fully clothed, at a normal bar. The patrons were, no doubt, thankful that I stayed clothed, but perhaps dismayed that Chataya stayed clothed.

I still hold the same opinion about bachelor parties. I don't think leering at naked chicks is a way to celebrate one's upcoming marriage. I just... lack the stamina to debate my opinion on the boards.

Also, Lady Whitestripe is definitely an old-timer.

What year did ezboard incarnate? I remember finding eesite, losing track of the forum, then finding it again at ezboard.

Pretty sure it was 2000. Ezboard was the first one with council names - right? If so it was definitely 2000 - I was in a huge fight with SoHP for first to council member status and it clashed with some of my final year studies. Oops.

Pretty sure it was 2000. Ezboard was the first one with council names - right? If so it was definitely 2000 - I was in a huge fight with SoHP for first to council member status and it clashed with some of my final year studies. Oops.

There was talk on the old eesite in September (year unknown) about spoilers from ASOS, so I think 2000 is probably right. I remember the whole push for council status -- I think you needed 7000 or something posts. I think I ended up second and picked "Lord of Winterfell", hence the current screenname.

There was talk on the old eesite in September (year unknown) about spoilers from ASOS, so I think 2000 is probably right. I remember the whole push for council status -- I think you needed 7000 or something posts. I think I ended up second and picked "Lord of Winterfell", hence the current screenname.

Probably right. I joined Ezboard in january of 2001, which was right after SoS came out.

No, 750 if I recall correctly! It took the zorse wars for me to get to it!

I joined in February 2001, wasn't on Eesite, though I lurked there for some time. It was 700 posts, IIRC.

You're right, looked at a thread on the old board!

I still hold the same opinion about bachelor parties. I don't think leering at naked chicks is a way to celebrate one's upcoming marriage. I just... lack the stamina to debate my opinion on the boards.

To be fair, I agree with you now. Not that I plan on getting re-married anytime soon, but if I ever do I wouldn't have another stripper feuled bachelor party. I've mellowed in my dotage. That boy that wanted to be the Red Viper became Doran Martell instead. ;)

To be fair, I agree with you now. Not that I plan on getting re-married anytime soon, but if I ever do I wouldn't have another stripper feuled bachelor party. I've mellowed in my dotage. That boy that wanted to be the Red Viper became Doran Martell instead. ;)

Trebs! Even if you have changed your mind, admitting that is the equivalent of bashing other guys over the head with your nutsack. Not cool! Look, the bachelor party isn't really so the bachelor gets to go to strip clubs. It's so all of his buddies do.

You're a buddy-fucker, Trebla!

Probably right. I joined Ezboard in january of 2001, which was right after SoS came out.

No, 750 if I recall correctly! It took the zorse wars for me to get to it!

Now the Zorse wars would be shunted into Forum Games and would not count towards a custom title. :)

Trebs! Even if you have changed your mind, admitting that is the equivalent of bashing other guys over the head with your nutsack. Not cool! Look, the bachelor party isn't really so the bachelor gets to go to strip clubs. It's so all of his buddies do.

You're a buddy-fucker, Trebla!

Dude, all my local friends are completely and utterly whipped. And me? The last time I went into a a strip club I was terrifed. A certain Irishman and I were practically clinging to each other as these 20 year old girls stalked us!! :uhoh:

Dude, all my local friends are completely and utterly whipped.

Well, yeah, that happens to the best of us.

And me? The last time I went into a a strip club I was terrifed. A certain Irishman and I were practically clinging to each other as these 20 year old girls stalked us!! :uhoh:

Okay, we may be geezers, but somewhere out there, there's some 26 year old kid still looking forward to his first bachelor party and trip to a strip club when his buddy gets married. Think about him, Trebla. We must stand up for important principles, like those who braved the wrath of the British to pledge their lives, fortune, and sacred honor when they signed the Declaration!

Or some shit like that.

Archived