Why would you ever want pepperoni on your pizza?

Lord O' Bones

Raids, you ever go to Red Rocks up in Columbia Heights? I can't remember if I've been there with BwB people or not. I used to live the next block over, great spot for pizza and beer. Pepperoni on mine, of course.

I make a pizza-like concoction for my husband. It consists of homemade tomato sauce (a tad sweeter than usual), roasted eggplant slices, sliced mushrooms, olives, sometimes onions, tons of mozzarella cheese, pre-cooked peppers (generally red and orange), and then pile fresh spinach on top. Since most of this stuff has been pre-cooked, flash bake it at high heat for about 5-8 minutes.

It's kinda like a pizza quiche to my mind, but he loves it. I'd be happy just ordering out. Oh, and sometimes I'll put on some pre-cooked sweet Italian sausage, but it's not really necessary.

I like all the usual and some unusual pizza toppings. Pepperoni pizza is very good so are many different variants. (eta: except anchovies, sardines, or any other fish!)

However, the best pizza is a plain slice of New York pizza, no toppings just bread, sauce, and cheese, a nice big foldable slice with a bit of cheese greese dripping from it, best from Lombardi's or the good Rays :drool:

Perfection in simplicity.

I'm not picky when it comes to pizza. Anchovies, spinach, onions, goat cheese, just pile on whatever you like and I'll eat it. Pineapples are the exception, but they can just be taken off and no harm done.

Hamburgers are another story. When I order a plain cheeseburger that does not mean I want you to assume I want lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mayonnaise, onions, and pickles :ack: on it. I don't know what bastard decided sour cucumbers should be standard on a burger, but they literally make me puke even if they've touched the burger and I remove them. Thank goodness pickles have stayed away from pizza for the most part.

I don't get this too. I love pineapples, but not on a pizza. It just tastes wrong for me.

I like the sweet tanginess taste of pineapple on pizza but it can'y be just pineapple then, there's got to be at least ham too. If pineapple is the only topping on pizza it's kinda gross.

I don't want to live in a world without pepperoni... No, that is just too harsh a reality to fully comprehend.

I actually go to the market and buy it along with Mortadella, Sopressata, and Bresaola and eat the selection with nothing else but cheeses and olives while I am watching a game. The pepperoni is always my favorite.

Anchovies also goes perfectly with pepperoni on a pizza.

Pepperoni on a pizza? Depends. Some places here use the larger size pepperoni that has like a 5 inch diameter, and they put it under the cheese. This method, no pepperoni for me. The pepproni has to be cooked on top of the cheese so it gets nice and crispy.

Pineapple on a pizza? Again, depends. It really has to be with the right toppings. I love a pie with pineapple, ham or bacon, red onion and extra cheese. I don't know if pineapple would be so great on say a donair pizza* or an all meat pizza.

*probably to geographically specific! donairs are usually served on a pita, but you can also get on a pizza or sub. donair pizza would have donair meat, donair sauce, tomatos and onions. the meat is made from ground beef (or lamb, but usually beef here) and some spices, and it's all slow cooked on a spit. the sauce is sweet and made from evaporated milk, sugar garlic powder and vinegar. tried to find a good pic, but damn. now I want a donair...

Bones, you are influencing people. You must be stopped!

No. No he's not. Smart people know that his initial statment is full of shit.

Pepperoni is okay but I'd rather have mushrooms, hamburger. green peppers and olives.

Ground beef, Pepperoni, Onion.

I never used to have a problem with it, but the place I'd go to for football watching would always order pizzas with quadruple pepperoni to the point that you couldn't visibly tell if there was even any cheese on it. That was tough to digest.

I love pineapple plain, but I don't love it on pizza. It seems like a contradictory taste kind of like when people put orange slices in a garden salad. That I cannot abide by.

You just hate all fruit that is not a banana.

Guest Raidne

Ini, the hotter the oven, the better the pizza, the lower the baking time. At 550F on a pizza stone, mine takes 4 min. I'd bake it at 600F or higher but my fire alarm goes off. Good pizzerias have ovens at 800-1000F. Pizzas bake in 2min at that temp.

I may not know much about many things, but pizza is not fucking one of them.

Archived