Why would you ever want pepperoni on your pizza?

Lord O' Bones

Ini, the hotter the oven, the better the pizza, the lower the baking time. At 550F on a pizza stone, mine takes 4 min. I'd bake it at 600F or higher but my fire alarm goes off. Good pizzerias have ovens at 800-1000F. Pizzas bake in 2min at that temp.

This is correct. People treat pizzas as though they were steaks, and the results are poor.

I may not know much about many things, but pizza is not fucking one of them.

Oh, the ease with which I could use this sentence to threadjack into effective planning in sentence construction.

Ini, the hotter the oven, the better the pizza, the lower the baking time. At 550F on a pizza stone, mine takes 4 min. I'd bake it at 600F or higher but my fire alarm goes off. Good pizzerias have ovens at 800-1000F. Pizzas bake in 2min at that temp.

Interesting. I did not know that.

EDIT: Rorschach, you misspelled your own name, just FYI

QFT. And it helps when the pizza you're cooking is actually a pizza and not those cakes with tomato icing they serve in Chicago and whatnot.

/newyorkpizzasnobbishness

Bones, sorry, but I'm pretty sure you don't get to have an opinion on this. Not that yours is correct, in any case, but now it's incorrect AND invalid.

QFT. And it helps when the pizza you're cooking is actually a pizza and not those cakes with tomato icing they serve in Chicago and whatnot.

That is just people somehow merging quiche and pizza and refusing to invent a new name for the creation. Same with all the the deep-pan/thick crust varieties the US chains that made the jump to europe revel in, that spawn of pizza and pie.

Guest Raidne

This is correct. People treat pizzas as though they were steaks, and the results are poor.

Either THAT sentence is poorly constructed or you're not doing steaks right.

When NY puts some flavor in the sauce it can talk, until then it's shit.

edit: '

Wait, if you're a devotee of Chicago style pies how the fuck do you taste any of the sauce through that thick, sludgey mess you guys call crust?

Either THAT sentence is poorly constructed or you're not doing steaks right.

Not sure, but I think he was talking about cooking steaks low and slow.... That is the exact opposite of cooking Pizza. Hot and fast

Wait, if you're a devotee of Chicago style pies how the fuck do you taste any of the sauce through that thick, sludgey mess you guys call crust?

I don't mind the big crust or thick pizza that is Chicago style. What bugs the crap out of me is not being able to see what you are eating because all of the damn sauce.

I lived in Chicago for four years or so, and can't tell you how many time that I have been given a piece of Pizza and bit into crap that I just can't stand with a pizza like onions, spinach, or eggplant

Not a deep dish devotee. I am about the sauce, It must have flavor. Tomato paste on a crust is not a good sauce. W/O a good sauce, it isn't a good pizza. And don't get me started on the fru fru yuppified things they try to call pizza.

Not a deep dish devotee. I am about the sauce, It must have flavor. Tomato paste on a crust is not a good sauce. W/O a good sauce, it isn't a good pizza. And don't get me started on the fru fru yuppified things they try to call pizza.

It seemed like you were also saying that NY pizza categorically has bland sauce.

Chicago Pizza is a bread-bowl stew with disillusion of italian heritage.

One person likes on thing and the other likes another. Neither one says I prefer the taste, texture, etc., of my choice. Instead, they both denigrate the choice of the other. What is the point of language if it is misused to the extent that what is said, is meaningless.

The point of language is to prove that I'm right and you're wrong. Neener Neener Neener. Chourico 4 life, hombre.

Archived