NFL 22: Free Agency part deux

Mexal

Whoa, whoa, whoa....has he talked with Sivin about this yet? Because we've been assured repeatedly on this board that Manning to Denver makes no sense. I guess Peyton Manning didn't realize.

This is fucking GREAT. Being a sports fan in Denver just got 1,000,000 times better.

Sivin, wrong with a declaration? Hah. We should have expected that Manning would end up with the Broncos just because Sivin said it'd never happen.

I think he'll go back to SF. No one wants to play for Miami.

I agree, this is no time to be petulant. SF + Alex Smith is a super bowl contender. Miami + Alex Smith is anywhere between 2nd and 4th place finisher in AFC East.

That's undoubtedly the wiser move, but I've been amazed to see how sensitive pro athletes can be.

Especially given the circumstance. As I understand the timeline, the Niners made their offer to Smith before they started looking at Manning. He sat on the offer and they exercised their options. What's to be pissed about? He should fire his farking agent, not get pissed at the team.

If Peyton can be even 80% Peyton Manning then Denver is a really scary team. Wow.Good for Denver and John Elway. Peyton was about the only one who get them out from under Tim Tebow.

And yeah, Miami keeps getting one pie after another in the face. Peter King shredded them this morning for being the worst NFL organization over the last 10 years. It would be even worse if Jax gets Tebow.

Sivin's greatest hits:

I accidentally deleted too much of your post, but Peyton Manning will not play for Denver. It makes even less sense than going to Washington. Denver is a fake team. Their defense is mediocre at best, the offense is downright anemic, and (fucked up as it is) the only reason they made the playoffs was because of Tim Tebow.

Basically what I'm getting at is that the Broncos have nothing to offer Peyton except: "Hey, you wanna come teach Tebow!"

But still, he can't go there. Too much Tebow vs Manning.

Not a chance. This is clearly a bluff on his part to work out the best deal he can get. The best part is, everyone knows it's a bluff but they can't call him on it.

WHY!?! I don't even understand why Denver was in the discussion, the only thing they have going for them is a weak division. It'd be exactly like the days in Indy. Great QB + Shitty Team + Shitty Division = one-and-done in the playoffs.

I feel like Burke in 'Aliens' talking to Ripley: "You know, I thought... you would be smarter than this..."

CUT THAT MEAT! CUT THAT MEAT!

Sivin, wrong with a declaration? Hah. We should have expected that Manning would end up with the Broncos just because Sivin said it'd never happen.

Yet everyone was sure he'd go to San Francisco because I said he was going to go to Denver.

Peyton Manning, for whatevver his reasoning in his head, wants no part of playing in the NFC.

Yet everyone was sure he'd go to San Francisco because I said he was going to go to Denver.

Peyton Manning, for whatevver his reasoning in his head, wants no part of playing in the NFC.

Two Mannings is too much for one Conference.

Karma has conspired to claim its venegence on me ...

Behold ... http://www.boston.co..._tim_tebow.html

:lmao:

Ya know, from a coldly analytical viewpoint that might not be a bad place for him. You would think Tom Brady would be one of the only people that could hold off Tebowmania. I mean he's a Top 5 Greatest QB's of all time. New England loves multi-talented players. They could create packages for him all over the field.

But...the media frenzy would be unbearable. Every call, every facial expression analyzed. And when Brady has his one or two bad games he has a season it would magnify with dumb fans and religious fans calling for TD Jesus. It would be glorious. ;)

I still wouldn't wish it on Boston fans.

It'll never happen. Pats like Hoyer and Mallett. No reason for them go after Tebow, especially with Brady there.

maybe they need a blocking fullback?

Or someone to carry Brady's water?

Watch Smith go to Miami and Tebow to San Fran. Haha. Won't happen, but imagine if...

You shut your mouth! You shut it right now!!!!!!

That was my greatest fear out of all of this, the Niners would go for the Hail Mary that would fall just short and lose Smith in the process.

Karma has conspired to claim its venegence on me ...

Behold ... http://www.boston.co..._tim_tebow.html

Yeah, like Mex said, this would be insanity. They're maybe the only team in the league that has two backup QBs they love. If McD is able to convince another organization to do his bidding, I'll start believing he's graduated to Sith Lord.

Watch Smith go to Miami and Tebow to San Fran. Haha. Won't happen, but imagine if...

I imagine Randy Moss would end up stabbing someone...

Archived