[TWoW Spoilers] Theon I, Part 5

Angalin

Bran wargs a host of crows and they fly off Theon to safety. Bran then teaches Theon to warg and he eventually takes over the body of Ramsay Snow. But on opening the gates to Stannis so the camp can be invested, he gets captured and skinned alive. "No, no", he shrieks, "Don't hurt me, I'm your Theon, it rhymes with peon", but it is all to no avail. Sorry, I'm a day in advance of April Fools'.

LOL . (to that bolded part) , I really want to see that!

but still , he is a turnclock , he also killed miller's boy!

Couldn't he and Asha rules-lawyer Stannis by mentioning how Theon cannot be considered a turnclock in how his first loyalty was always to be pointed in support of his father and liege lord rather then his friend? Stannis seems like such a stickler for the rules/duty that he should have to accept that seeing how it is not all that different from when he sided with Robert over Aerys.

That's what I figure as well. I originally took the preview chapter to indicate that he toasty, but I dounbt Martin would really set up his execution so far in advance in such a way.

That's my impression as well - Theon had such a well structured story arc in the previous book - to me it would look a bit jarring if he exits right in the beginning of TWOW (unless his death was meant to be at the end of ADWD - and was simply moved back to next book along with many other chapters) - maybe I am victim of some traditionalists literary conventions (and Martin is a master of beraking them), but I still think we are not over with Theon, I think he (or at least his body - in case Bran decides/is able to warg him) will be around for a while.

That's my impression as well - Theon had such a well structured story arc in the previous book - to me it would look a bit jarring if he exits right in the beginning of TWOW (unless his death was meant to be at the end of ADWD - and was simply moved back to next book along with many other chapters) - maybe I am victim of some traditionalists literary conventions (and Martin is a master of beraking them), but I still think we are not over with Theon, I think he (or at least his body - in case Bran decides/is able to warg him) will be around for a while.

I like this! Yes he is a 'Master of breaking traditional literary conventions'--Well said Razha!! Hence this entire forum and how none of us know at all what will happen. LIke in TLOTR you know he will destroy the ring eventually before they even leave the shire.

Anyway Theon is going to live a little while longer, I am so desperate to find out what happens at the weirwood tree. I think it will be a revelation for Stannis and will possibly change his outlook on theon and who knows what else.

I'm interested in jeyne poole's fate

if jon were still alive, then when she got to the wall all that would happen ins jon figuring out she's not arya and that causing problems for the lannister tyrells and boltons as theyd be found lying.

but now he's gone who knows

am also interested in justin masseys mission it seems a bit strange for grrm to introduce such a decision as a throwaway line seeing as stannis will likely die soon

Pretty sure that Justin Masseys mission ONLY purpose to get Arya back to Westeros and possibly gets news of Jon's attack to others.. Thats the ONLY connecting line left between Bravos and Westeros since no-one else including Dany, Davos, Jon, Samuel, Lannisters or others are visiting Bravos for one reason or another.

Obviously she will not declare herself as Arya Stark outright but will stowaway on Justin Maaseys ship or get embedded with his party either running away from Faceless Men or on the mission to Westeros from them.

Pretty sure that Justin Masseys mission ONLY purpose to get Arya back to Westeros and possibly gets news of Jon's attack to others.. Thats the ONLY connecting line left between Bravos and Westeros since no-one else including Dany, Davos, Jon, Samuel, Lannisters or others are visiting Bravos for one reason or another.

Obviously she will not declare herself as Arya Stark outright but will stowaway on Justin Maaseys ship or get embedded with his party either running away from Faceless Men or on the mission to Westeros from them.

ahh yes this is exactly how I felt. Arya will go out one day to find one of her three new things, to find talk that Jon has been murdered at the Wall, well we all know how our lil Killer is with revenge, especially if its going to involve the death of her favourite sibling and someone she looked up to and loved her whole life. I feel this is the story line that will force her to abandon the FM and come back to Westeros. who knows if Jon lives maybe they will be reunited (I would like that). I have read many theories that imply that with the payment of Theons death it will buy life for Jon.. im not sure if I think that will actually happen but it sure is interesting

For me, the letter is "forged" or written after Stannis' fake death for a simple reason: if the letter were to be true, we already know what will happen in the first 100 odd pages of WoW in ADwD itself.

How big a spoiler is that? That's just extremely poor, shoddy writing, the kind GRRM would never succumb to.

Why would you read a 100 pages of descriptions of war preparations, battle strategy, and political moves if you already knew which way the battle would turn? It's writing that serves no purpose if we know that Stannis has to die at the battle anyway.

If the letter is actually true, then I would lose faith in GRRM as a writer and give up on the series altogether.

For me, the letter is "forged" or written after Stannis' fake death for a simple reason: if the letter were to be true, we already know what will happen in the first 100 odd pages of WoW in ADwD itself.

How big a spoiler is that? That's just extremely poor, shoddy writing, the kind GRRM would never succumb to.

Why would you read a 100 pages of descriptions of war preparations, battle strategy, and political moves if you already knew which way the battle would turn? It's writing that serves no purpose if we know that Stannis has to die at the battle anyway.

If the letter is actually true, then I would lose faith in GRRM as a writer and give up on the series altogether.

That's a good point! I have been thinking the letter was fake anyway. Ramsay is just trying to get Jon off the wall, because he thinks Winterfell is impenetrable. But Jon is going to take Wun-Wun down there to rip the gate right off its hinges and thus take back WF, since a lot of Ramsay's forces will be gone to meet Stannis.

I think Bran will take control of Theon's body, turning into a prophet like figure, come to spread the truths that Bran has seen.

I agree ( sort of )...maybe not complete control of his body all the time, but speak through him in some way, from time to time.

Archived