Masked gunman shoots up movie theater in Colorado during The Dark Night Rises premiere

Mya Stone

http://www.9news.com...newsonline.aspx

Here is a live stream for anyone who want see an actual first hand account of whats going on.

If this has copycats I am so screwed tonight. No idea on why he did it yet?

Nope, we don't know anything other than the police have him and they are searching his apartment just in case, as apparently explosive may have been found.

I have 5 bucks on a right wing loon that listens to Rush Limbaugh.

That might not be far off. Wasn't Rush in a tizzy about the fact BANE sounds like BAINE and therefore the Dark Knight (obvious theme in the movie about haves and have-nots aside) makes Romney out to be more of a villian?

The eyewitness reports are chilling. Police officers were transporting victims themselves.

I just heard a witness account stating that a young (re:around 9 year old) girl was one of the victims.

Every time a shooting like this happens I am shocked and surprised and disgusted. :(

Local police radio.

The eyewitness reports are chilling. Police officers were transporting victims themselves.

I just heard a witness account stating that a young (re:around 9 year old) girl was one of the victims.

Every time a shooting like this happens I am shocked and surprised and disgusted. :(

It was the 9-year-old's pregnant mother who got shot in the face and chest :( The youngest confirmed victim is 6 years old. The gunman is apparently a janitor, unconfirmed. Bomb-making equipment found at his apartment.

That might not be far off. Wasn't Rush in a tizzy about the fact BANE sounds like BAINE and therefore the Dark Knight (obvious theme in the movie about haves and have-nots aside) makes Romney out to be more of a villian?

That's exactly what I meant.

Take some heart in this: The news agencies are apparently including people affected by tear gas as part of the 50+ victims. Trust me, they will be fine.

If only the entire audience were carrying, this could have been avoided.

I'd agree with if a few people were, but the entire audience? That's just recipe for cross-fire missing the target disaster.

So Bones thinks Right-Wing nutter, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nerd Rage Gone Horribly Out of Control about what they did to his Batman and Bane. I can't see many other reasons why someone would do this.

Spree-killers tend to have their own demented reasons, I doubt there's anything approaching a conventional explanation for this horrible, senseless act.

I have 5 bucks on a right wing loon that listens to Rush Limbaugh.

Can we please not do this right now.

Put this sort of post in another topic at least. It smacks of scoring political points off the death and misery of others. I know that's probably not your intent, but it is illy done none the less.

I can't see many other reasons why someone would do this.

Yeah, but you're sane.

Given the reports that he was all dressed up in black with either a gas-mask or riot helmet and made a door-kicking entrance into the cinema I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out that a guy decided to give being a real-life supervillain a try.

I love me some gallows humor and out-there speculation, but let's make sure none of the Denver BWB were affected by this before going all callous and shit, pretty please?

Speaking of which, has anyone heard (FB or otherwise) from Simon of Steele, Ep and others?

I was thinking the same thing. I really hope no one from our Denver BWB was at this particular theater tonight. :(

Archived