True Blood season 5 finale/season 6

Howdyphillip

The teaser was good. What's with Jason on the elevator? Was he going to flip a switch and kill Jess?

That's the vibe I got too! I was shocked by that moment. I wonder if that will be some ongoing thing next season.

What a great episode. Sookie's reaction to the Pam and Tara kiss had me laughing harder than I have ever laughed at this show. The Nora/Newlin thing was done really well, and Alcide's plot line was concluded to satisfaction. I can't wait until next year. I hope with Alan Ball stepping down, the new guys can keep up the campiness.

I had totally forgotten that Tara had a girlfriend in whatever season that was in. And Pam has always liked girls but I'm still lost on the maker thing.

I guess I keep picturing Bill & Jess kissing and it grosses me out on quite a few levels. We don't really ever see Eric and Pam together except in the very beginning before he turned her. Can't imagine Nora or Eric with Godric.

Am I the only one wondering if this is taboo even for vam-pers (as Hoyt would say).

But Jess's reaction was classic. As was Sookies.

Well, Pam did describe her years with Eric as lots of killing and fucking, so I'd guess it just depends on the relationship.

BUAUAHAHA @ Billith.

I just have to say....poor Andy. His face going from stupid-happy to "WTF OH NO!" was priceless, as was Jason and his American rights.

Oh, and random, but Sam's fly attack was epic. As was Papa Alcide's bow.

Well, Pam did describe her years with Eric as lots of killing and fucking, so I'd guess it just depends on the relationship.

Thank you for answering that for me. I was thinking that meant killing & fucking other people but it makes more sense this way.

I agree the season ended on a strong note aside from Billith. The lack of consistency in character development there still bugs me. As for this season being the best, well, the second half maybe. The first half not so much, especially the first few clunkers.

Warlow always felt like he was going to be season 6 material from the way they teased us but didn't follow up on it. There were other storylines that needed to be tied up first. Speaking of which, Tara and Pam are fantastic. As a couple though? I don't know. We'll see.

Ghiscari on the ad thing -

See there is a *ton* of stuff google should know about me that would be embarassing to show up on the side in ads at work, but the mature dating sites are not amongst them. On top of that I'm not signed into my google account at work. It should be showing me tech related stuff, as this is where I read ars etc, nothing remotely relating to dating!

I was just giving you guys a hard time when I said that. :) It probably erred on the side of Disneyland instead of dating sites or Wonderbras because I never use Internet Explorer. My other browsers run Adblock and similar add-ons, which is why I never noticed the banners before.

IMO this season was the worst in terms of sideplots like the Ifrit (even worse than Terry and Arlene's troubles last season), but my this was a really great finale. Well, except that I'm not really digging the Billith thing. I'm kind of disappointed of how Russell went out though, I expected something more explosive, like Sam's fly thing.

It's difficult to pick what the best moment of the finale is,but I'll go with the Merlotte's quadruplets. My light just broke!

I had totally forgotten that Tara had a girlfriend in whatever season that was in. And Pam has always liked girls but I'm still lost on the maker thing.

I guess I keep picturing Bill & Jess kissing and it grosses me out on quite a few levels. We don't really ever see Eric and Pam together except in the very beginning before he turned her. Can't imagine Nora or Eric with Godric.

Am I the only one wondering if this is taboo even for vam-pers (as Hoyt would say).

But Jess's reaction was classic. As was Sookies.

Another sire/progeny relationship to look at is Bill's with his maker...lots of fucking there.

Another sire/progeny relationship to look at is Bill's with his maker...lots of fucking there.

Ahhh, yes yes. I forgot all about this. Probably because I can't stand either character. But obviously, it does happen and it's not taboo.

I really enjoyed watching Pam and Tara interact but now I'm wondering if it will be as funny.

This was definitely the best season in a while. The last two years, I found myself very bored during the slump episodes around 7-8 before they ramped up toward the finale. This year seemed to do a better job of resolving the smaller sub-plots earlier and tying the rest together, even as loosely as Russel discovering the faery court for his true death.

I know the show has diverged from the books, but can someone spoiler tag whether Darth Billith the Chosen One happened?

I've been re-reading the original Dune books and am on Children of Dune now. I've always like the whole possessed Alia the Abomination storyline, so I'm actually looking forward to seeing Billith next season. He is bound to be more interesting than Plain Bill of the last 4 seasons.

And ditto that this season brought back the best in Tara. I liked her in season one, but she lost her spunk and spirit along the way. Badass Vamp Tara has returned her to form. Paired with Pam (now more so) is so full of win. Lafayette being back to his snarky self is great too.

I really like the outrageous nature of this show. I don't need everything I watch to be Rome or Deadwood.

Russel went out badly, still at least Eric finally got revenge for his family, I'm really dissapointed he didn't kill all the faries first though.

Also how the fuck did Jason suddenly become such a good shot?, it's got to be pretty hard to hit someone moving at Vampire speed in the heart first time every time.

I wonder where the real Steve Newlin went.

Also how the fuck did Jason suddenly become such a good shot?, it's got to be pretty hard to hit someone moving at Vampire speed in the heart first time every time.

Not to mention - don't the authority vampire guards also have their own guns and body armor of some kind? They're armed better than Jason, have the ability to move (and aim and shoot) at super speeds, and presumably have hundreds of years to acquire their training...

:dunno:

Not to mention - don't the authority vampire guards also have their own guns and body armor of some kind? They're armed better than Jason, have the ability to move (and aim and shoot) at super speeds, and presumably have hundreds of years to acquire their training...

:dunno:

Exactly, it just made me laugh because it was so ridiculous.

They should make Jason go back to being the loveable womanizing idiot, him going all Jason Bourne just isn't convincing.

Archived