True Blood season 5 finale/season 6

Howdyphillip

I thought it was fairly meh for a season finale. As a regular episode, it would have been awesome, however it still beats last season's crapfest. I'm just disappointed that not a single major storyline got wrapped up, except Russel dying before the credits rolled. Also no fucking Warlow! I am already bored with the Bill/Lilith business and I hope it is wrapped up quickly next season. Looks like we will get another extensive line up of plots for next season already: Bill/Lillith, possible Eric/Sookie reconnection, Jason's hallucinations/crazy, Alcide the new packmaster, more imminent Bill/Sookie and Jason/Jessica drama, Andy's baby(ies) drama, and of course Warlow and more fucking faeries. Then there is also the possibilities of shifter's coming out to the public, the human vs vampires, what happens to the authority, will Luna die?..., I just hope the show doesn't try to attack everything at once and pace itself.

Now for the good: Jason was great. Pam/Tara were awesome. I did enjoy Bill killing Salome. I really liked Salome at first, but I thought there would be more to her and they just failed to make her more interesting as the season rolled on. Eric is cool again and Nora is starting to grow on me a little bit, but I hope she doesn't overstay her welcome. Newlin still lives which makes me happy.(I still can't believe how much I enjoy Steve fucking Newlin). I'm glad Alcide is packmaster and finally killed that creeper low life . Hopefully, the werewolves would become more tolerable and less fucking lame with Alcide leading them.

Now for some math:

More Alcide screen time + new she-wolf special lady friend x unresolved Sookie sexual tension raised to a power of more wereshifting shenanigans = a very high probability of naked Alcide. :D

Yes, with a show like True Blood, this is what I have to look forward to with an upcoming season. I will have no true expectations and therefore I won't be disappointed. I rather enjoyed this season and I believe this is the reason why. After all, nothing can be worse than season 4, right?

Not a bad episode, besides the whole Billith thing.

I really don't like how they portray Vampire super-powers. If Russell was so powerful, how could Eric sneak up on him and hit him so easily? I'd assume he was distracted by the faries, but he seems so much stronger than Eric that he should easily have been able to "react".

It probably isn't much of a spoiler, but there is no authority in the books. Nor is there a Lillith. The books are related to the show about as much Star Trek DS9 is related to the original Star Trek.

I think Russell was drunk on the fairy elder blood, combined with his singleminded attempt at getting to the rest of the fairies. Still pretty weaksauce to take him out, for good. Wish the fairies would have successfully zapped him to another dimension (wasn't that the elder's plan?) so they could still bring him back in the future.

I think Russell was drunk on the fairy elder blood, combined with his singleminded attempt at getting to the rest of the fairies. Still pretty weaksauce to take him out, for good. Wish the fairies would have successfully zapped him to another dimension (wasn't that the elder's plan?) so they could still bring him back in the future.

That was the Elder's plan, at least as far a she stated, but considering that Jason was zapped with the "other dimension" blast instead of Russell, and he only made it like 30 feet closer to another dimension, I have to wonder at how successful that would have been.

That was the Elder's plan, at least as far a she stated, but considering that Jason was zapped with the "other dimension" blast instead of Russell, and he only made it like 30 feet closer to another dimension, I have to wonder at how successful that would have been.

I actually think that's why Jason can see his parents. I think it went wrong on him (being a human and not the person the faerie was trying to vanquish) and now his parents (or some spirit manifesting as his parents, I'm unsure...I didn't think his parents would be all anti-vampire especially given Gran's feelings on coexisting...but then again, they were killed by a vamp, so maybe it is them).

As long as they kill Nora and put an end to the Lilith plot, I'll be happy with this episode.

So, obviously, I'm not happy with this episode. And WTF? No fairy massacre?!

First of all, I'm pissed that they decided to make the TaraPam thing official. Come on, Pam is too awesome for anyone but Eric! I was getting this close to liking Tara, but now she just got back to being the annoying character that angered me for two season and was now pushed upon my favorite character. How did they get to the conclusion it would be a good idea, I wonder? Was it: "we have two lesbian characters, now let's make them a couple even though they've barely interacted for four seasons"? Or was it: "Tara is annoying, everyone loves Pam. Hmm, let's make everyone love Tara as well. How do we do that? Oh, I got it! Let's make her a lesbian in season 4, then the next season we turn her into a vampire and feel like we can justify this ridiculous relationship between her and Pam"? Anyway, I hated it, I'd rather they had killed Pam and brought her back as Eric's new ghost friend.

I didn't like Russell's death, it wasn't epic enough, and "Eric to the rescue" gets boring after some time. But oh! The Sharon Osbourne vampire's death was epic! (yeah, I never learned her name)

Jason's Call of Duty moment was silly but brilliant! The same with the fairy giving birth and leaving Andy to take care of the kids! I also liked Eric "disciplining" Nora, teaching her to respect her "family members", and later them killing those vampires. That's what TB should be about: silly moments that are somehow fun to watch.

I'm not sure how to feel about Bill, though. Nice thing that he was cunning at least once, btw.

And now they've killed all the most interesting vampires, and ruined Eric and Pam. I foresee a horrible season 6.

i just hope Bill goes back to being his normal level of power and isn't some Super Vamp, giving him God like power would suck as it would just give him free reign to act like an even bigger prick than he has been already,without Eric being able to beat him easily in a fight.

i just hope Bill goes back to being his normal level of power and isn't some Super Vamp, giving him God like power would suck as it would just give him free reign to act like an even bigger prick than he has been already,without Eric being able to beat him easily in a fight.

Billith vs. Warlow next season? Just speculation here..I don't really know how that would work.

Thank god for small mercies - we did not have to see Bill's junk as he re-emerged from his own pool of death-glop. I guess Bill's (or Russell's) death was the major character death we were led to expect this season.

Russell's death was indeed a sad anti-climax, and I agree with the poster above that he was under-used and not nearly as entertaining as in the previous season.

I know the show has diverged from the books, but can someone spoiler tag whether Darth Billith the Chosen One happened?

The main plot of Book 5 was weres/shifters being shot; the culprit ended up being someone named Sweetie Des Arts. Aside from those very specific details, and the obvious handful of characters and locations, there is absolutely no resemblance between Book 5 and Season 5. Including every detail of that plot that isn't mentioned here.

Book 5 also deals with Jason coping with his new were-panther-ness. So for book readers, the whole 'Jason thinks he's going to become a werepanther, but is really a crazy goof' plot from earlier seasons was pretty surprising/hilarious.

Earlier seasons had much more similarity with the books (book 4 centered around the Eric losing his memory thing, for example).

Looks like we will get another extensive line up of plots for next season already: Bill/Lillith, possible Eric/Sookie reconnection, Jason's hallucinations/crazy, Alcide the new packmaster, more imminent Bill/Sookie and Jason/Jessica drama, Andy's baby(ies) drama, and of course Warlow and more fucking faeries. Then there is also the possibilities of shifter's coming out to the public, the human vs vampires, what happens to the authority, will Luna die?..., I just hope the show doesn't try to attack everything at once and pace itself.

This. In the book series, the shifters coming out created interesting new possibilities that were urgently needed, just like the show needs this kind of change now. I know TB is best when focusing on the silliness, but I really loved all the political and social questions of a world where vampires were known to exist from the first few seasons, that's what got me into the show (that, and the eye-candy ^.^), but they've ruined this aspect recently. Now, with the shifters, here's an interesting new possibility.

But what I really hope they get right with season 6 is the consequences of all the crap from 5. As far as we know, there's no central vampire Authority now, no synthetic blood available, the scandal of all the vampire attacks, and also the fact that someone announced on TV they were keeping humans as prisoners underground. Oh, and unpredictable Billilith, of course.

Ya know, I'm in serious question about my ability to judge the finale. I had surgery last week (Wednesday) and have been happy on painkillers since. Yeah, I'm weaning down, but when I watched the finale I kept asking myself, "Am I having some kind of drug-induced hallucination right now?"

What the fuck was that?

What was it?

At some point, did Eric appear upside down in Jason's window asking to pull over?

I mean, I had to really stop and think about what I was watching because to me it looked like a baboon on crack directed it.

All of that BS with Jason was so weird and stupid. He hit himself on the head and now he's seeing mama and papa Stackhouse? Really?

The faerie birthing scene really disturbed me. I mean, I can't imagine what that actress was thinking. "You want me to do what? Lay on a table and put my leg up and simulate orgasms while I 'Jane Fonda' these babies out of my uterus?"

Salome is gone. I guess we can all be glad for that.

Sookie trying to talk Bill down was . . . well . . . embarrassing.

Pam and Tara. Wow, I thought I saw some awkward kissing on that "marrying a virgin" show, but maybe not?

And that one werewolf chick? Does every female wolf channel Debbie Pelt?

I'm just left reeling here. Maybe I need to rewatch when I'm not doped up on oxycodone.

I thought Alcide's story arc actually wrapped up pretty well this year. I know it is still very separate from the main plot, but it at least had some resolution and leaves some potentially interesting storyline chances for next season. Like another poster said, Alcide leading the pack could make the Weres actually useful or badass potentially.

The fairy storyline on this episode/season made me want to throw up though. I mean I know the show is silly, but Maurella (is that her name?..who really cares anyways) drinking that salt then having terrible lines and ridiculous birthing was just too absurd for me.

Is there a point to that storyline? Or are these babies going to just be random cheesy comic relief next season? Guess we have a long time to find out

I'm just left reeling here. Maybe I need to rewatch when I'm not doped up on oxycodone.

You were not hallucinating.

The finale was crazy like... total craziness.

The writers finally embraced the true nature of their show : guilty pleasure.

It's like season 3 of Heroes. But way funnier.

The fairy storyline on this episode/season made me want to throw up though. I mean I know the show is silly, but Maurella (is that her name?..who really cares anyways) drinking that salt then having terrible lines and ridiculous birthing was just too absurd for me.

I loved that scene. It was hilarious.

No, You're not the only one. They underused Roman too imo.

I agree with that. Chris Meloni was such a big pickup for the show and he was so hyped up, then he lasted like 3 episodes. Such a shame.

Also, Peter Mensah, coming off a fan favorite performance of Oenomaus in Spartacus had little to do this season besides get killed by Bill and be a relatively anonymous member of the Authority. Though it was cool when he killed those humans in the bus I suppose.

I loved that scene. It was hilarious.

Gotta agree to disagree on that one I suppose.

Archived