Watch, Watched, Watching: The Movie and Television Thread

RedEyedGhost

I also watched Dexter for the first time and while I found it quite a riveting and unique experience, I eventually found myself skipping season 6 and most of season 7.

Dexter is great up till Season 4, and then everything goes downhill. Season 5 is a mess, and Season 6 is even worse. But, 7 is good. Really good. I think you should go back and watch it. :)

Dexter is great up till Season 4, and then everything goes downhill. Season 5 is a mess, and Season 6 is even worse. But, 7 is good. Really good. I think you should go back and watch it. :)

Until the last 3 episodes which were hilariously bad.

This is what I feared having stopped watching Dexter at the end of Season 4. That was an incredible season right when I was having doubts about the show because of the lackluster Season 3. After the S4 finale, I thought 'This show's probably got one more season in it for Deb to start figuring things out and putting the pieces of the past together.' Then it got renewed for 2 more or something that made me think it was more about money than storyline.

If I continue watching S5 and S6 and get bored with it, can I skip them and go straight to S7 without losing much continuity?

I stopped watching Dexter after season 3, it follows the trend of several other shows ( Community, How I met your mother, Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad) which I couldn't finish. Community in particular had some very weak episodes in season 2. the only one out of those that I may re-visit is Breaking Bad; I watched the full first season but I don't think I enjoyed any of it. At present, the only ones I'm watching are the Good Wife and Justified.

This is what I feared having stopped watching Dexter at the end of Season 4. That was an incredible season right when I was having doubts about the show because of the lackluster Season 3. After the S4 finale, I thought 'This show's probably got one more season in it for Deb to start figuring things out and putting the pieces of the past together.' Then it got renewed for 2 more or something that made me think it was more about money than storyline.

If I continue watching S5 and S6 and get bored with it, can I skip them and go straight to S7 without losing much continuity?

Yes. The first episode of season 7 should start with a previously that covers the relevant plot points of season6

I've been watching a Veep marathon all day today. Man, I love that show. Can't wait for Season 2! :D

Have you seen Modern Family? It's one of the funniest shows I've ever watched.

Have you watched Community? It's not really the same type of humour as either of those two shows, but if one of the things that draws you to BBT is the geek/pop-culture references, personally I think Community does it far better.

thanx a lot guys for your suggestions!

Spoiler alerts

Just got caught up on American Horror Story Asylum and all I can say is wow! Nazi doctors, aliens, serial killers, crazy nuns, cannibals, devils, psychotic child and so much more. The series could be a mess with all that going on but they are really able to keep it working. Amazing writing, cant wait to see where they go with it.

Now to check out season 1

Spoiler alerts

Just got caught up on American Horror Story Asylum and all I can say is wow! Nazi doctors, aliens, serial killers, crazy nuns, cannibals, devils, psychotic child and so much more. The series could be a mess with all that going on but they are really able to keep it working. Amazing writing, cant wait to see where they go with it.

Now to check out season 1

I haven't watched asylum yet... Waiting for the DVR to finish recording all of the episodes (I only have the last 4). I'm on strict orders from my sister not to watch until I can watch from the beginning.

I was deeply disturbed and hooked on season 1. I actually had dreams about it after watching some episodes back to back late night with the hubs. But the writing and talent are excellent.

I finished my Supernatural seasons 1-5 rewatch, because there's no way I'm watching season 6 again. And now I'm watching Fringe as my workout show. I thought I had made it through several episodes before giving up on it initially, but it turns out that I stopped after the pilot. I'm on episode 9 and I'm liking it quite a bit even though I wasn't a big fan of the pilot again this go round.

Nikita is surprisingly good, though it's struggled with its ratings.

I love Justified. Season 1 was good, but it really picked up in season 2. Just started season 3. Nice to see Neal McDonough (sp). He was good as Buck Compton in Band of Brothers.

Nikita is surprisingly good, though it's struggled with its ratings.

I love Justified. Season 1 was good, but it really picked up in season 2. Just started season 3. Nice to see Neal McDonough (sp). He was good as Buck Compton in Band of Brothers.

Season 3 is as good as season 2. I used to think that Season 2 couldn't be topped because it was that good and it really can't, but season 3 surprisingly stacks up well against it. I'm pumped for season 4.

I was about to ask whether I was the only one here who watched it. And yes, it deserves better ratings.

I just caught up on the 2nd and 3rd season a few weeks ago. I'm a fan, always have been but it's certainly not something I tend to recommend to people.

Season 3 is as good as season 2. I used to think that Season 2 couldn't be topped because it was that good and it really can't, but season 3 surprisingly stacks up well against it. I'm pumped for season 4.

I watched the first two seasons, and then I gave up on it. It's like Burn Notice in that it's just the same thing over and over with maybe a little tweak here and there.

I watched the first two seasons, and then I gave up on it. It's like Burn Notice in that it's just the same thing over and over with maybe a little tweak here and there.

Yea, that's about right. It's one of those guilty pleasures for me, simply because I always love a little mindless action but some very attractive women.

I finished my Supernatural seasons 1-5 rewatch, because there's no way I'm watching season 6 again. And now I'm watching Fringe as my workout show. I thought I had made it through several episodes before giving up on it initially, but it turns out that I stopped after the pilot. I'm on episode 9 and I'm liking it quite a bit even though I wasn't a big fan of the pilot again this go round.

Agree on season 6 of SPN. I like seasson 8 so far.

I started watching Fringe too,had nothing better to do and and commute home is looooong. I'm on episode 15 now and it looks ok.

Agree on season 6 of SPN. I like seasson 8 so far.

I started watching Fringe too,had nothing better to do and and commute home is looooong. I'm on episode 15 now and it looks ok.

You are just about where it gets awesome. The last third of season through the first half of season 3 is an incredible run with a ton more continuous story lines

Archived