Community: Six Seasons And A Movie or Three Seasons and a boycott

SpareBoot

I remember one critic saying that the new episodes make Pierce so hated by the group that there's no reason to keep him on the show. Season 3 softened Pierce a little bit, and kept him on the sidelines for a lot of the season, which I think was a good move. I'd hate to see them go the other way now.

sepinwall use to talk about that all the time and it always irked me. it seems that he defines a top notch comedy by whether or not the characters are nice to each other.

The lack of Andy has made this season pretty tolerable overall, IMO.

agreed. its not been great, but it's been better than last year, partly because of the lack of andy and partly because rainn wilson has been fantastic (not that he's ever been bad, but he's gotten more screentime this year it seems and he's had great moments)

I'm not looking forward to the Inspector Spacetime episode. I may be in the minority, but I don't particularly care for the episodes that focus on Abed's imagination and alternate fantasy worlds(with the exception of 'Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas' and Remedial Chaos Theory), so I doubt I would enjoy an entire episode of it.

That was decidedly mediocre. Community has always been an uneven show, with a mix of big hits and occasionally big misses. That was just... there. It's not the first mediocre episode by any stretch, but I am more concerned than before about the impact of Harmon's departure.

Haven't seen it yet, but I wouldn't necessarily take a mediocre episode as a terrible sign- all Community seasons are weakest at their beginning, I find. My major concern is that the new producers make the show too cartoony, as the show threatened to become at parts of season 3 (Jeff smashing the table in the premiere, that weird thought balloon episode). Anyway, time to find the episode and watch it!

i thought it was pretty damn good and a sign that the new people have really done their homework and know what they're doing. really impressed with the subtleties they nailed.

it wasn't a classic episode but it was on par.

I liked the little ads for other shows that popped up at the bottom of the screen during the Abed TV moments.

I only noticed the last one as I think I've programmed my mind to ignore those damn things. The swipe at "big Bang theory" was fairly good also but they played a lot of the "bad" jokes so subtle a newcomer to the show may just think it's bad. It could have done with some strong moments to remind us why this isn't just a "big bang" wannabe. The Dean dance was good and Troy's line in the fountain "why does this feel good" was probably the best for me.

To be honest it was like a bad episode of the old show and these often came at the start of a season. I'll be worried if this is the standard but hopefully it's a settling in episode. At least Chang will be back next week.

I honestly don't know if I could watch a whole inspector space time episode. Easily the worst thing about the whole show in my opinion along with that imaginarium. Not everything by Harmon was gold,

I honestly don't know if I could watch a whole inspector space time episode. Easily the worst thing about the whole show in my opinion along with that imaginarium. Not everything by Harmon was gold,

This. Abed and his fantasies are good in small doses, but give them a full episode and the quality starts to suffer. Is it just me or did he get a bit annoying in Season 3 with his refusal to grow up?

This. Abed and his fantasies are good in small doses, but give them a full episode and the quality starts to suffer. Is it just me or did he get a bit annoying in Season 3 with his refusal to grow up?

He did. Not sure if that was intentional or not but he is more "mentally ill" than "meta aware" these days.

Oh, I liked how there's already a solution to Chevy Chase leaving. Just get the guy playing him in Abed's fantasy and pretend we're seeing the Abed version for future episodes. I actually think they could make the recasting really funny if they take that route.

I think the reviews were right. It seemed like they tried to hit all the beats- meta, pop culture, etc.-but came off as a hollow retread. We have seen enough Abed fantasies (and I think Scrubs already did the escaping to a comforting sitcom gag). I am not prepared to write it off, and there were some funny bits. As people have mentioned, Community has never been the most consistent show, it is a good show peppered with brilliant episodes and some clunkers, so I hope this is the new guys finding their legs.

It was basically like a slightly above average season 3 episode. There have been many worse episodes than this one. I'm not sure what you people are whinging about since you loved s3 so much. :dunno:

I'm not looking forward to the Inspector Spacetime episode. I may be in the minority, but I don't particularly care for the episodes that focus on Abed's imagination and alternate fantasy worlds(with the exception of 'Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas' and Remedial Chaos Theory), so I doubt I would enjoy an entire episode of it.

Oh god, there's going to be a whole episode about Inspector Spacetime? That may be the first Community ep that I just don't bother watching.

Archived