Wouldn't ASoIaF be better if...

Fragile Bird

Squid hats... :love:

And wow, the drowned men makes so much more sense now.

Cercei was abducted (or was she???) by Euron, when betrothed to his brother. Euron is a sensitive musician and a poet. Who knew! He has to pretend all the time to be this BAMF, he cannot be seen to prefer rhymes and chords to violence since those preferences are frowned upon in the Iron Islands. He is so misunderstood... I'd really like to see some Euron-Cercei interaction, they would fit so well together don't you think? The harmony :wub:

Theon may or may not be their son, but it's a pet theory that C+E=T, that is why he was sent away to Winterfell and pose as Balon's son. All the clues are there so duh. Which makes Asha his cousin. Makes perfect sense in retrospect. Also krakens are not monogamous and not too picky about incest... I think. So yeah, Asha-Theon is a thing.

Catelyn + Edmure = Theon????

Damn, those Tullys were FREAKS. No wonder Blackfish ran away.

Catelyn + Edmure = Theon????

Damn, those Tullys were FREAKS. No wonder Blackfish ran away.

No no no, that makes no sense at all. :rolleyes:

I talked about my theory with some friends over at another thread and I saw the whole thing in a new light, it dawned on me. See below the revised theory.

Yup. That is the one :) [edit: refers to Cercei+Euron]

Wouldn't those two just fit together so perfectly?! The evil ship.

Huh, had not even thought of the possibility... But NOW I SEE! ITA MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! [edit: refers to Cat+Eddard]

Theon (here forthwith referred to as Baby A) was switched at birth with Robb (baby B) and Jon (baby C).

Baby A is the offspring of C+E, Baby B is also the offspring of C+E but the other pair, which of course was very confusing to the author so the mix up was easily made. And baby C is the child of E+L (since apparently Lysa was very similar to Cat when they were younger so there was a bit of confusion there at one aftertorney party. This E=the Ned). Baby A ends up with parents C+E (the wrong ones) which does also baby B and C (but the other ones). Baby A is then sent to parents C+E (the right ones BUT THEY DON'T KNOW!) This is made of win.

It's all Wyllas fault really.

What do you think? It fits?

Alright, I have to get in on this whole "possible mottos for House Killjoy, Nojoy, Greyjoy" thing:

We Do Not Laugh

We Do Not Chuckle

Hell, We Don't Even Smile

(Those three kind of go together but the first two could stand alone)

Ours Is The Sadness

As Low As Melancholy

Depression Is Coming

Hear Me Weep

Melancholy, Moody, Morose

Those are just a few but, also, whatever else happens the Nojoy's major house color absolutely must be blue :P

It could be the Tyrells and each child would get a..... flower. :bang:

Or the Martells and all the children would get............spears :bang:

Or the Tullys and the kids get.........................................fish :bang:

How cute would it be if the Baratheons all got a little Bambi each? Tommen's and Myrcella's could look...oddly feline.

I have actually thought about this, and I would have started north of the wall, and focused on the Wildlings. Let the story unfold from their eyes. How they view those south of the wall, the impending doom of the White Walkers and the Wights, the fall of their once loved civilization, and the need to find safety.

I think that, bumping up with the flight to the safety of the wall would have made a good story.

More like a conspiracy to get nasrudin's post count up. Seriously, not even 2.5k posts? The whippersnappers these days have you beat in a matter of months.

I am almost up to 1 post per day! (0.9459668/day and rising!) This is not so easy when your personal standards for brilliance are as high as are mine.

I think it would be fitting and kick ass. Like reading Viking history instead of the boring War of the Roses.

Do you mean that the story would be the exact same just with different POV's? Because that is quite frankly pretty useless.

To each their own but quite frankly the whole story is based around the Starks. If you pick a new family you pick a new story.

To each their own but quite frankly the whole story is based around the Starks. If you pick a new family you pick a new story.

I think so too. The end game is the same, but the road is different. But you still use some familiar signposts. Warging Krakens just seems awesome. :)

FB, how in seven hells did you manage to get all those GenChatters here? This is a good question for a crackpot theory, I think.

On topic: the story would have been much different if it were told through the eyes of the smalfolk. Tobho Mott, Septon Meribald, all the prostitutes and other peasants surely would have much else to tell.

Sorry, cannot contribute much more right now. :idea:

I think so too. The end game is the same, but the road is different. But you still use some familiar signposts. Warging Krakens just seems awesome. :)

So...it isn't so much that the story is that much "better" if it were from the Greyjoy point of view...Maybe when GRRM finishes the current version, he goes back and retells the whole story from a new perspective...yeah...

A Game of Isles

A Clash of Captains

A Sea of Swords

A Feast of Sharks

A Dance with Krakens

The Seas of Seasons

though I was forced to miss this stimulating discussion in real time, after reading through it I am compelled to respond...pardon the bump...

I have actually thought about this, and I would have started north of the wall, and focused on the Wildlings. Let the story unfold from their eyes. How they view those south of the wall, the impending doom of the White Walkers and the Wights, the fall of their once loved civilization, and the need to find safety.

I think that, bumping up with the flight to the safety of the wall would have made a good story.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the OP...the setting, and story timeline is basically the same, I would enjoy getting their take on the events leading up to the flight to the wall...as well as some history of their groupings and origins.

FB, how in seven hells did you manage to get all those GenChatters here? This is a good question for a crackpot theory, I think.

On topic: the story would have been much different if it were told through the eyes of the smalfolk. Tobho Mott, Septon Meribald, all the prostitutes and other peasants surely would have much else to tell.

Sorry, cannot contribute much more right now. :idea:

I am intrigued by this idea, while I understand that everyone has favorite central characters (the Imp, is mine) I would be very interested in seeing important happenings from the POV of many of the lessor contributors. It sometimes seems that many of the events could be richer if we heard them from sub-characters or members of the no name masses. For example I would have liked a recurring POV from someone like Salladhor Saan...to fill out the story of Davos' voyage from the wall to White Harbor

...just this salty asshole's opinion, of course :smoking:

as an afterthought...my my vote for the killjoy words must go to my little karate princess who suggests "We who poop on parties"

as an afterthought...my my vote for the killjoy words must go to my little karate princess who suggests "We who poop on parties"

:lol:

My compliments to your Little Karate Princess *bows*

I was thinking in the same lines. Lower thy volume. Please.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived