The horrors of Nuttella and the Power of Purchase

Howdyphillip

Hahahahaha, you bought Nutella thinking it was peanut butter??

That shit is chocolate spread, man. Treat it as such and enjoy accordingly. It is awesome on croissants.

My favorite "food" as a kid : cut open a croissant (horizontally), put it in the microwave for like 10 seconds top, open it and put nutella inside while trying not to burn your fingers, eat.

ETA : if you make this for your kids, they'll be eternally thankful to you. Maybe they'll become fat or something though.

Worst purchase - a house that is literally causing me a nervous breakdown.

Best purchase - the Kindle? Flannel sheets? Red cowboy boots? Nope, it's the electric hot water kettle.

Saddest discovery - Phillip, you weren't the person I thought you were. It hurts me as much as it hurts you.

All of this ingenious ways to use Nutella... Who knew ??? Well, not me apparently. I am a little scared off the stuff right now, but if I ever want to go on a cocaine bender, and can't find a dealer, I still have the jar sitting on my shelf. The sugar content should prove comparable.

As for PB&J sandwiches, My personal favorite is grape jelly. Strawberry is nice for a goof change up, and apple jam is the boss when you have that craving, but the good old stand by for me is grape.

Nutella - Good. Very good especially on a piece of toast, spread thin and accompanied by a glass of nice dry red wine. A great desert.

Best purchase - my 1997 Camry. It's still going strong and the first "real" car I ever bought.

Worst purchase - some crew socks from Walmart. They smell funky even after washing. I would donate them, but I don't think a desparate, freezing homeless person would want them.

Favorit jam - without doubt Bonne Mamman's black cherry jam. It's amazing.

I loved grape jelly as a kid. Especially the homemade grape jelly my granny made from the grapes we grew. Our grape vines never produced very much though, and the homemade grape jelly was a bit of a special treat.

That was, until The Year of the Great Grape Harvest.

I don't know what happened. I guess growing conditions were perfect that summer. Our normally meager grape vines produced a huge abundance of grapes. Granny made so much grape jelly that it was all we had for months.

And months.

And MONTHS!

By the time the homemade grape jelly supply was exhausted, I was so tired of grape jelly, I swore I would never eat it again. And I haven't. To this day, I cannot abide the thought of grape jelly - home made, store bought or otherwise.

It's strawberry for me. All the way. On rare occasions maybe raspberry or blackberry. But never, under any circumstances, grape.

I loooove Nutella. Although it's unhealthy, so I only get any on holiday nowadays.

Maybe the ingredients are different in the US, so it's sweeter? I've never experienced it as sickingly sweet. But maybe that's personal taste.

I got spekuloos spread ad Lidl this week, that's really nice too :)

I thought Howdyphilip was in Oz. so it would be approx £3 per jar. About right for a largish jar.

Nope, he's in the US, and that does seem a lot for a jar of it.

And I have never, ever eaten it straight off the spoon. It's never, ever been my prefered way to eat it.

Nope, he's in the US, and that does seem a lot for a jar of it.

And I have never, ever eaten it straight off the spoon. It's never, ever been my prefered way to eat it.

Ah, then that is pricey. Sorry for misnationalising you, HP.

N

Nutella is gross.

OP is smart.

JIF creamy for the win.

:ack:

That is one of those peanut butters where they add sugar, blech

And of course Jif is properly a scouring agent (now renamed Cif :( )

I loooove Nutella. Although it's unhealthy, so I only get any on holiday nowadays.

Maybe the ingredients are different in the US, so it's sweeter? I've never experienced it as sickingly sweet. But maybe that's personal taste.

I just bought some spekuloos spread rather this week too. It is just the right amount of sweet to go with my toast.

Last week I bought a jar of Marmite just out of curiosity. I spread about a 1mm thick layer onto breast and the saltiness was just overwhelming. Many people love this stuff so surely there must be some better way to enjoy it that I'm not aware of.

:ack:

That is one of those peanut butters where they add sugar, blech

And of course Jif is properly a scouring agent (now renamed Cif :( )

Hey, Jif is my brand, it's awesome!

For PB&J sandwiches I like to stick with Welch's grape jelly.

When it's toast or English muffins it's all about melted butter and Smucker's Strawberry. Mixed fruit or apple is also good.

Archived