The horrors of Nuttella and the Power of Purchase

Howdyphillip

Nutella is ace. The student union in college would sometimes make Nutella milkshakes, and they were the best thing they served. It's also phenomenal in dessert crepes, particularly with strawberries. What the hell, HP?

Mixing butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on toast is kinda delish.

Cinnamon raisin bread or bagel. Toast lightly. Butter. Sprinkle on sugar. Toast again, for a little longer, 'til the sugar caramalizes. Holy hell.

Best purchase? Probably my Kindle or my Sansa mp3 player. The Kindle has almost two years of solid use and still grinding along, and cost about $130. The mp3 player has been used nearly every day for three years, the battery still lasts 15+ hours, and it hasn't managed to break despite repeated drops. Love that thing.

Worst purchase is likely a pair of jeans from the Gap. I used to like their jeans, but these went to shit right away, and cost almost as much as the aforementioned Kindle. I have learned my lesson.

Interesting, was wondering what my best purchase might be - possibly a tapedeck adapter that I can use to play my iPod or phone through my car stereo? The car pre-dates auxiliary jacks, so it was that or the radio adapter and those things blow. One of my pairs of Lucky jeans also work- they're great. The other pairs haven't been, though; kind of an inconsistent company that way.

Worst purchase - possibly Target towels? They blow. I also bought a saucepan that I haven't yet deigned to unpackage.

Weren't you watching them put it together? Shoulda told 'em to keep piling on the veggies until you were satisfied with your sammich.

Subway is the worst.

... jar of Marmite ... I spread about a 1mm thick layer onto breast ...

You're doing it wrong. I don't know what you're doing, but you're doing it wrong.

Let me tell you this. A peanut butter and Jelly sandwich made with this stuff tastes like you are snorting raw sugar through a straw.

Well yeah, because that's pretty much exactly what it is. Nutella doesn't need jam, jam (which you erroneously refer to as jelly) only sullies its glories.

Well yeah, because that's pretty much exactly what it is. Nutella doesn't need jam, jam (which you erroneously refer to as jelly) only sullies its glories.

http://www.straightd...n-jelly-and-jam

Jam and Jelly are two different products. Jelly is made from the juice of a fruit, and jam is made from the pulp. I prefer Jelly for the smooth and fluid taste that mixes perfectly in a PB&J sandwich. I will second drawkabi's choice of Welch's grape jelly for being the single greatest jelly on planet earth.

There just may be a food pairing better than PB&J, but I haven't found it yet. I probably still eat this sandwich once or twice a week. Usually late at night with a glass of milk. There is nothing that I eat that makes me feel as comfortable.

I think that is why my distaste for Nutella is so high. My friend encouraged me to buy it as a peanut butter substitute. She was there when I broke out the twelve grain wheat bread and started to assemble it and gave no warning. I prepared one for her and she ate one of these repulsively sweet sandwiches while smiling.

I am writing this to serve warning because if my friend is an example, it proves that Nuttela is evil. Using this substance may start out as just a light dab on a croissant, or a little bit over ice cream, but if my friend is any example, it ends with the delightful destruction of the PB&J. If you are going to use this stuff, take precaution that this doesn't happen to you.

There just may be a food pairing better than PB&J, but I haven't found it yet. I probably still eat this sandwich once or twice a week. Usually late at night with a glass of milk. There is nothing that I eat that makes me feel as comfortable.

There is; you even have the ingredients already.

Peanut Butter, and Nutella

Your friend though, is an idiot; blame the friend, not the spread

Limited to sandwiches, and only from my own experience: peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles, peanut butter and vlokken, cheese and apple butter.

(edit: and it seems I finally found typical Dutch cuisine :P)

oh, you forgot the old fall-back, never been beaten classic...

Bacon; preferably with a side order of... more bacon

As a child I liked to eat nutella out of the jar, preferably with fingers and stork SB margarine. So smooth, so sweet, I can remember it now.

Luckily I was eventually able to admitt that I could not control my compulsion to grab the marg from the fridge and the nutella from the cupboard and recognised a higher power that could give me strength. I examined my past errors as thoroughly as once I had scraped out the bottom of a jar and to this day am making amends for the diet I pursued and have learnt to live free of nutella and margarine now for almost thirty years and I'm ready to help others if they need a sponsor to help get clean.

HERESY!

Nutella is the best chocolate spread available on the market here in Europe and I doubt you yankees will ever come up with anything better, so I can safely claim Nutella is the best in the world. It's fuck expensive, I give you that. I usually browse the discount catalogues of local supermarkets and whenever I see Nutella at a discount I go and grab a few jars.

The only conceivable substitute of Nutella is if Lindt ever enters the chocolate spread business. I pray they won't, for if they do I'd have to take on a second job to satisfy my addiction.

HERESY!

Nutella is the best chocolate spread available on the market here in Europe and I doubt you yankees will ever come up with anything better, so I can safely claim Nutella is the best in the world. It's fuck expensive, I give you that. I usually browse the discount catalogues of local supermarkets and whenever I see Nutella at a discount I go and grab a few jars.

The only conceivable substitute of Nutella is if Lindt ever enters the chocolate spread business. I pray they won't, for if they do I'd have to take on a second job to satisfy my addiction.

I am intrigued that no board topic can make you emotional excepting Nutella.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving the problem, Sol. I'm here for you if you need someone to take the Nutella off your hands and eat it for you.

I think Lummel would make a great Nutella sponsor for you. We all care about you and want you to be a free man, able to walk through life without this monkey on your back.

Now. Give me the. Nutella.

I am intrigued that no board topic can make you emotional excepting Nutella.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving the problem, Sol. I'm here for you if you need someone to take the Nutella off your hands and eat it for you.

I think Lummel would make a great Nutella sponsor for you. We all care about you and want you to be a free man, able to walk through life without this monkey on your back.

Now. Give me the. Nutella.

This is more convincing when you don't have a spoon in hand and a glint in your eye.

N

Archived