The Wire: Continued

Reposado

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

FUCK

WHAT JUST HAPPENED

I just finished 3x11. WHY THE FUCK DID STRINGER DIE SO EARLY?

YOU LIARS TOLD ME HE'D SURVIVE TILL SEASON FIVE. THANK YOU FOR NOT SPOILING IT BUT SCREW YOU FOR LURING ME INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY.

Now I know what Unsullied viewers of the Red Wedding felt like. For all the talk of GOT killing off main characters, The Wire has probably killed off more of my favourite characters than any other show.

I don't know how to react. It was a terrific piece of TV, but was it a bit too soon? I'm still in the same state of shock that I was when I first read the RW.

FUCK

Lolllll love this, Seriously one of my favorite TV moments ever.

I seriously think that Brother Mouzoune is just too cartoonish. Omar is pretty ott as well, but at least he's well develloped, so it's easier to accept, for me anyway.

Yeah, and fuck Stringer. I'm still pissed about Wallace.

Cartoonish how?

His whole quirky appearence, the way he talks, his corny lines ("the most dangerous thing in the world is a nigga with a library card). He just doesn't seem like a real person, to me anyway.

The quirky appearance is because he's a muslim. But I don't necessarily disagree...he's the closest thing to a "tv character" in the show.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

FUCK

WHAT JUST HAPPENED

I just finished 3x11. WHY THE FUCK DID STRINGER DIE SO EARLY?

YOU LIARS TOLD ME HE'D SURVIVE TILL SEASON FIVE. THANK YOU FOR NOT SPOILING IT BUT SCREW YOU FOR LURING ME INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY.

Now I know what Unsullied viewers of the Red Wedding felt like. For all the talk of GOT killing off main characters, The Wire has probably killed off more of my favourite characters than any other show.

I don't know how to react. It was a terrific piece of TV, but was it a bit too soon? I'm still in the same state of shock that I was when I first read the RW.

FUCK

/fist bumps Mr. E.

:D

Mouzone and Omar are both pretty larger-than-life, especially in Season 3. I'd hesitate to call either of them completely realistic (although some of the stuff that happens to Omar actually did happen with the guy he was based on).

I have more issues with Season 5, albeit not with the newsroom side of things.

I can understand McNulty starting up the "fake serial killer" idea to drum up resources for his side investigation of Marlo Stanfield. Stirring up shit and doing side investigations for whatever target he's single-mindedly fixated upon is what he's always done aside from brief periods in Seasons 2 and 4, and his tendency towards it was getting worse in Season 3. And of course, there's his mounting alcoholism.

But Lester? I don't know. I get that he's super-pissed-off about Lt. Miramon fucking up the Marlo wire-tap that might have caught him before Marlo's gang dumped their phones, and just generally annoyed that the case is getting little resources after a year's investigation and 22 dumped bodies. But going that deep down the McNulty rabbit hole, to the point where he's conducting blatantly illegal wiretaps?

/fist bumps Mr. E.

:D

I know. It functioned beyond my wildest dreams. Although I really wasn't trying to troll Pinkie...I think absolute shock at an unexpected (but logical) turn is one of the best feelings ever. Like with the RW.

I was glad when Stringer died. Have you all forgotten about Wallace and D'Angelo?

Yeah, as much as I love him, String definitely had it coming.

His whole quirky appearence, the way he talks, his corny lines ("the most dangerous thing in the world is a nigga with a library card). He just doesn't seem like a real person, to me anyway.

Well, he is a part of the Nation of Islam, and I guess thats how they dress. But, he wasn't really developed and his appearances were relatively sporadic.

Well, he is a part of the Nation of Islam, and I guess thats how they dress. But, he wasn't really developed and his appearances were relatively sporadic.

I didn't mind the dress, it was just the fact that we are told that he is this ultimate badass in terms of muscle, and yet he shows none of the cunning or self-preservation of Omar. For example, when he confronts Cheese in season 2, he approaches three men by himself, and has no way of knowing how many of them are armed. After those three are run off, he proceeds to stay there in the open, in spite of the fact that Cheese could easily round up six thugs and send them back after him. The only reason they do not do this is because of the behind the scenes manueverings of Prop Joe and Stringer to keep the bloodshed down (something that Brother Muzone was not aware of). Compare this to Omar, who went to great lengths to hide his location from the Barksdale gang, and who always fled the scene immediately, and it just seems like Muzone was just granted plot armor for some reason.

It would be funny to go back and count the number of instances where Clay Davis doesn't say, "Sheeee-iiittt!".

RE: Mouzone.

He gets ambushed by Omar pretty easily, too. Considering that he's supposed to be some incredibly dangerous assassin, shouldn't he be much more careful about anyone on his inevitable long list of enemies trying to get the jump on him?

Mouzone and Omar are both pretty larger-than-life, especially in Season 3. I'd hesitate to call either of them completely realistic (although some of the stuff that happens to Omar actually did happen with the guy he was based on).

I have more issues with Season 5, albeit not with the newsroom side of things.

I can understand McNulty starting up the "fake serial killer" idea to drum up resources for his side investigation of Marlo Stanfield. Stirring up shit and doing side investigations for whatever target he's single-mindedly fixated upon is what he's always done aside from brief periods in Seasons 2 and 4, and his tendency towards it was getting worse in Season 3. And of course, there's his mounting alcoholism.

But Lester? I don't know. I get that he's super-pissed-off about Lt. Miramon fucking up the Marlo wire-tap that might have caught him before Marlo's gang dumped their phones, and just generally annoyed that the case is getting little resources after a year's investigation and 22 dumped bodies. But going that deep down the McNulty rabbit hole, to the point where he's conducting blatantly illegal wiretaps?

Don't you remember where they found Lester back in S1?

Lester would love this shit. He's definitely not above putting a thumb in the upper ranks' eye.

I didn't mind the dress, it was just the fact that we are told that he is this ultimate badass in terms of muscle, and yet he shows none of the cunning or self-preservation of Omar. For example, when he confronts Cheese in season 2, he approaches three men by himself, and has no way of knowing how many of them are armed. After those three are run off, he proceeds to stay there in the open, in spite of the fact that Cheese could easily round up six thugs and send them back after him. The only reason they do not do this is because of the behind the scenes manueverings of Prop Joe and Stringer to keep the bloodshed down (something that Brother Muzone was not aware of). Compare this to Omar, who went to great lengths to hide his location from the Barksdale gang, and who always fled the scene immediately, and it just seems like Muzone was just granted plot armor for some reason.

Muzone strikes me as the kind of guy people would be scared shitless of because he seems both fairly competent at his job and in a fire fight and also never displays any fear. He's brazen and has balls the size of 1950s american cars and he's always calm.

Look at him when he confronts Cheese. He displays complete control of the situation. He never flinches, never bats an eye and shoots him before he can even punch him in the face. If the other guys had guns, he'd have shot them while they were pulling them out.

Omar does very similar shit all the time. Just walks in, acts calm and people piss their pants. He's intimidating.

Muzone strikes me as the kind of guy people would be scared shitless of because he seems both fairly competent at his job and in a fire fight and also never displays any fear. He's brazen and has balls the size of 1950s american cars and he's always calm.

Look at him when he confronts Cheese. He displays complete control of the situation. He never flinches, never bats an eye and shoots him before he can even punch him in the face. If the other guys had guns, he'd have shot them while they were pulling them out.

Omar does very similar shit all the time. Just walks in, acts calm and people piss their pants. He's intimidating.

Yeah I think intimidation is what has kept Brother Mouzone and Omar alive this long. It's like their reputation keeps people from fucking with them.

Yeah I think intimidation is what has kept Brother Mouzone and Omar alive this long. It's like their reputation keeps people from fucking with them.

"When you've been in the game as long as I have you do this thing on your name".

Anyone here from Baltimore? I live in Baltimore and I think it makes the show even more interesting. Like I know what part of Baltimore everything's supposed to be set in and I've driven through a lot of those neighborhoods and the feel is just right. You have your boarded up row houses, drug dealers standing on the corner and so on. I feel like the Wire is a love letter to baltimore, but tough love style filled with criticism.

Archived