Football 38- Fútbol, Futebol, Fußball, Soccer, Calcio, كرة القدم, футбол, サッカー, &...

Horus Ex Machina

howay the lads, indeed...

Between 250-300 fans ran onto the pitches, dropped their trousers, ripped out the nets and tried to break the goals by hanging on the crossbars, a Cosmos spokesman said. They also went on to boast about their actions, which included stealing a £65 match ball, on social networking sites after the game.

this was obviously perpetrated by mackems cleverly disguised as the always loveable and peaceful traveling toon army attempting to paint the honorable supporters in a poor light in preparation for the upcoming derby.

Not to put down England needlessly, but compared to some of the biggest fish in international football (quite a few of which have won something in the last 47 years) England don't really look like favourites. It's not that they don't stand a chance, but if they don't win anything during the next decade it'll probably because some other team was better, not necessarily because England couldn't get its act together.

This.

England are a good side. They win about 60-70% of their games (draws tallied at 1/2 a win), that's good enough to qualify for most WCs and Euros and to reliably make the R16/QFs - it's just then that they bump into one of the five to ten sides that win more than 70% of their games.

England believe they are one of those sides, but they aren't, both historically and in terms of player talent pool, coaching qualifications and style of play.

snowing in denver.

this is a rough place tonight for the usmnt and for costa rica. it is going to come down to who can make something happen.

i am terrified of beasley at left back. dempsey as a captain is odd. he is really a quiet guy. guzan in goal i am not too supportive of. altidore is killing it in his league play. i like gomez in the midfield.

all in all this is a starting eleven that worries the piss out of me.

Man, fuck basketball. I forgot about all the march madness nonsense tonight. Looks like a pretty aggressive lineup for usmnt with altidore and Gomez.

yeah.

this is a team put together with hopes of scoring goals.

i see this as klinsmann's big move. whether it is a good or a bad one we will not know for 90 minutes.

fuck, we need this win. we need these points. the mexicans are not going to give us anything at azteca next week.

In MLS if you complete the first half then the result stands even if it's called early. I don't know what FIFA/World Cup regs say.

I don't think there's any way they'll agree to call the game when the result is not level.

That's what they said, but they also said that's irregular and they're not sure.

EDIT: And we're off again! Referee taking control, which is his to begin with. Good for the players of both sides for wanting to play on.

Archived