LonCon 3 2014

WorldCon next year is in London. on the 14-18th August. Are you coming?

Next Price rise 14th July

Current membership rates.

Valid until 13 July 2014

Adult £125 Young Adult £65 Child £30 Infant £2 Supporter £25 Family £280

Names In Blue indicate someone looking for a Roomshare. If your nolonger looking please post to let me know.

Already have Membership 63 adults + 2 children so far (26/02/14)

... TheRedWoman and I have our memberships. I've been a bit lax on board watching ...Ser Scott advises me about about its crashing tendencies to keep me fully informed. Reverations at the Novatel... 8/13-8/20. next up, flights....

For the information of those with deep pockets, there will be another hotel opening for bookings shortly - due on 25th March: it'll be a floating yacht. Room rates are likely to be at the £150/night range. For the information of those with less deep pockets, this will mean that a few spaces in the rest of the con hotels will open up as people book into this hotel and cancel their original bookings. The yacht will have 154 rooms.

Palimpseatit

That's The Great Sea Tit please B)

Yay! Looking forward to meeting you :D

You too! :)

But! But! And I swear it's true! There was a helluva lot of really positive, superbly excellent stuff happening too. This convention is going to be huge for all the right reasons.

Yay! That's nice to hear.

(Btw, somehow my Enslaved badge from Titancon found its way into my gym bag - I was sure it was long lost! It was really weird explaining it to a friend who saw it though :D)

(Btw, somehow my Enslaved badge from Titancon found its way into my gym bag - I was sure it was long lost! It was really weird explaining it to a friend who saw it though :D)

I don't remember you getting permission to have a friend ;)

Sell a kidney

But hold on to your liver, you're going to need it.

Pebs, the Things will be no-shows. Life is too complicated right now for them to make it. I'm still hopeful, pending a whole bunch of stuff.

I think this blog post by Foz Meadows perfectly sums up the whole Jonathon Ross debacle

A situation without a single good outcome for anyone :(

No such thing as bad publicity? Not so sure but there are a lot more people aware of Loncon 2014 now. It seems a real shame to be honest. Ross is controversial but the claims against him not being "one of us" were utterly false. I can't think of a celebrity who does more to shine a light on SFF/geekdom than Ross and he was doing it before it was trendy.

Hopefully the event can try and move out from this unpleasant shadow and somehow take advantage of the media attention. Some good may as well come of it.

No such thing as bad publicity? Not so sure but there are a lot more people aware of Loncon 2014 now. It seems a real shame to be honest. Ross is controversial but the claims against him not being "one of us" were utterly false.

To be fair, very few people really gave those kind of objections any weight at all; if that had been the only objection, I'm 100% sure he'd still be doing the gig.

To be fair, very few people really gave those kind of objections any weight at all; if that had been the only objection, I'm 100% sure he'd still be doing the gig.

I've been getting increasingly perturbed by the whole thing today, because I agree with you - and I agree he would have been a fantastic host except for. If only the whole thing had been discussed a bit more in order to get an answer to the code of conduct problem, we could have worked out an answer to take this forward in a positive way rather than everyone falling onto the back foot, no responses to the sexism issue being available and us ending up where we are.

(And of course there's a segment of debate blaming the shrill women for stopping us having nice things. I'd argue that if not for the SFWA insanities and the ongoing problem of at con COC violation, we'd not have had this problem.)

ETA: Angalin, there's going to be a membership transfer forum, as far as I remember, which might prove useful...

Ang, Sorry the Things are not coming. Did you have memberships for them? and now would like to transfer those? (although I'm not sure you will find someone on this board needing child memberships) or where they too young?

ETA: Angalin, there's going to be a membership transfer forum, as far as I remember, which might prove useful...

I do have memberships for them, which were bought early on. If anyone hears of someone wanting a kid's membership, send them my way, and I'll keep an eye on the transfer forum too.

Huzzah! Exciting :D

Indeed it is! :D Cannot wait to see and talk to you, LMS, AllMenMustRhyme, Birdie, Bai ... and Lany, Pebble, palimpsest, Theda, Lily, maid ... :grouphug:

Is it August yet?

Oh, and I am staying with Little Miss Sunshine and AllMenMustRhyme.

Fenryng and I booked our flights! I had to sell my soul to cover the expense, but I got a fair price for it considering it's condition after years of partying with you reprobates. ;-)

Archived