LonCon 3 2014

:love:It amuses me greatly that Fenryng and John are still having their identities switched after all these years! As that's what led to John and Filippa becoming our original Convention Spouses, I also find it more than a little endearing!

We'll probably be there for the one day (Saturday, maybe), if there are still memberships available when we've sorted out everything else. If not then so be it...

N

Here

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/dlr-route-map.pdf

is the DLR station map, which is, like all such transport maps, not geographically accurate in terms of distances between stations and direction of lines. It does however show the Tube stations that have connections to the DLR, if like me you are not a frequent user of it. I can managed the Tube fine from memory, but the DLR is an unknown for me as well.

This is posted so as to be of help for anyone who is staying further afield in London, or just travelling to ExCel during WorldCon.

From ExCel's own website -

"The Jubilee Line is recommended as the quickest route to ExCeL London and the ICC. Alight at Canning Town and change onto a Beckton-bound DLR train, for the quick 2-stop journey to Custom House for ExCeL (West) or Prince Regent for ExCeL (East) and ICC London"

Since WorldCon is at the eastern end of ExCel, it looks like Prince Regent is the DLR stop for us.

I note that the next stop on the DLR after Prince Regent is Royal Albert. Looks like a conscious decision must have been made to NOT have a station called "Prince Albert".

We'll probably be there for the one day (Saturday, maybe), if there are still memberships available when we've sorted out everything else. If not then so be it...

N

I haven't gotten a membership yet but I'm in!

Chal., I am traveling from freaking Mississippi to London. Do you know how hard it is to escape from here?!? Mississippi is like the Bermuda Triangle. ;) I must see you and the cutest baby who ever lived. <3

Yay, Trebla! I am getting so excited about seeing friends again and for the very first time (insert ode to the movie "The Birdcage" here.)

Now I've just got to sort out who's a hugger and who's not.

Chal., I am traveling from freaking Mississippi to London. Do you know how hard it is to escape from here?!? Mississippi is like the Bermuda Triangle. ;) I must see you and the cutest baby who ever lived. <3

Yay, Trebla! I am getting so excited about seeing friends again and for the very first time (insert ode to the movie "The Birdcage" here.)

I'll let you in on a big secret

I've never hugged anyone ever and have a paranoid fear of making bodily contact

I learnt at TitanCon that it is pointless trying to escape hugs from BwBers. Fragile Bird's shriek-and-crushing-hug attack surprisingly brought me round to the idea of hugs :p

When you play the Game of Cons, you hug or you die.

I love this so much.

But even more, I love to see more people confirming they will be at the con. *falls into swoon at Trebla's feet*

Looking forward to seeing you! And I'm a hugger... :grouphug:

Some people might remember when I hugged everyone at the BwB party when I had a little lot of drinks at Eastercon 2012. At least I asked before hugging anyone. ;)

I'll let you in on a big secret

I've never hugged anyone ever and have a paranoid fear of making bodily contact

Yeah, right! You're the un-huggiest person in the world! :P

When you play the Game of Cons, you hug or you die.

:agree:

Archived