Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

Greywolf2375

Two explosions have been reported at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. I know we had some boarders participating/attending.

Nothing definite that I can find - just the notice that the area is on lockdown.

http://news.yahoo.co...59876--spt.html

CNN/WCVB (local channel):

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/Explosions-reported-near-Boston-Marathon-finish-line/-/11971628/19757044/-/ktnc1wz/-/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Please tell me that none of our own were in that marathon.

That I don't know. However, my assumption would be that the explosion went off at a random time as some people were finishing. (I know that the race was actually won an hour or so earlier.) Speaking from a probability standpoint of them being in the race... the likelihood of being injured is small. (But not nonexistent I suppose.)

Oh man...pic up at Deadspin.com of blood on the sidewalk. Just horrible. :(

Yeah... that was pretty grisly. They posted a warning on their Facebook link before you actually clicked through to the story.

Oh man...pic up at Deadspin.com of blood on the sidewalk. Just horrible. :(

Someone I work with made the comment that their source was listing something similar - thankfully without pictures.

The competitors finished earlier, but Boston is a huge marathon and many people are running for causes, and will drift in over hours after the main race.

I assume that the rest of the race has been cancelled?

The pictures are getting worse on Deadspin. Missing limbs, etc. If you have a weak stomach, do not go to the site.

yeah, starting to see some more footage and didn't want to comment on what was being seen, but yeah, it's pretty gruesome.

So fucking angry right now at whatever fucked up piece of shit did this. Relieved to hear no boarders hurt so far. No one I work with too, so another blessing there.

Coworker was saying 12 reported hurt but I can't get to any of the nsfw sites or updated info beyond the major news.

Archived