[SPOILERS] So about Ros...

Capt. Zemblanity

Agreed. It was a great little scene which serves multiple purposes. I'll also note that it was Joffrey's first kill with his own hands, which shows that his monstrousness is escalating.

I think it'll lead to Tywin's discussion with Joff, which in turn will lead to Joffrey making Loras a Kingsguard just to spite his grandfather.

i wouldn't use "with his own hands" to describe this kill. I think it was an intentional use of Arya/bow and Joffrey/crossbow to magnify how much of a cowardly and skill-less weapon Joffrey has adopted as his own.

i wouldn't use "with his own hands" to describe this kill. I think it was an intentional use of Arya/bow and Joffrey/crossbow to magnify how much of a cowardly and skill-less weapon Joffrey has adopted as his own.

I would - it is the first time he has been the one to end someone's life - other times it had been the headsman or people at his command. This time he actually took the action that ended someone's life.

i feel as if roz ws a giveback to readers or perhaps even martin after the departure for gendrys character.

A giveback to Martin? Unlikely given he liked the Ros character and actress.

All that inclusion of Ros.

And they killed her for what, to show us that Littlefinger is ruthless and Joffrey is sadistic?

Like we didn't already know that?

I guess they have either :

A. New avenues for meeting HBO's nudity quota

B. Are now so big they don't have to deal with HBO's nudity quota anymore.

And for those of you who don't believe in HBO's nudity quota, I ask you - why was Tony Soprano headquartered out of a strip club? Because that's not suspicious, or because his wife would really like it? Naw, it's the HBO nudity quota.

Woah woah woah eyyyyyyyy, did you just disrespect the bing?!

All that inclusion of Ros.

And they killed her for what, to show us that Littlefinger is ruthless and Joffrey is sadistic?

Like we didn't already know that?

I guess they have either :

A. New avenues for meeting HBO's nudity quota

B. Are now so big they don't have to deal with HBO's nudity quota anymore.

And for those of you who don't believe in HBO's nudity quota, I ask you - why was Tony Soprano headquartered out of a strip club? Because that's not suspicious, or because his wife would really like it? Naw, it's the HBO nudity quota.

I swear I saw thousands (fine, maybe hundreds) of posts stating that LF looked like a wanker in the show. And I totally agree. This episode put things back on track!

I loved that she was punished properly, you don't make a fool of Littlefinger and get away with it

Agreed to a point. It was a gruesome death, and it is easy to empathize with the character's fate. However, I think it serves as a reminder that Ros honestly was just a whore and was expendable. It's tragic and even harsh, but its true. She has absolutely no legitimate connections with anyone outside of LF and Varys (who, lets be honest, are only using her for their own gain) and bit off more than she could chew in King's Landing.

Someone said earlier somewhere that it was a reference back to the innocents suffering for the highborn wars, and I think that's a great point.

Still, RIP Ros

I do not like how they are treating show LF. He is always giving away his plans and I just don't understand why. It's dangerous and he's supposed to be cleverer than that. The scene didn't work for me.

I think Ros is being used, once again as an instrument to demonstrate some thing about another main character. In this case, Joffrey's cruelty and how he has not been tamed. That is, if they use it as a justification for the Tyrell's next plot.

Why are they making Varys look like LF's buttmonkey?

Even if LF had one-upped Varys, he wouldn't show it. Varys gives nothing away.

It's just like at the end of S2 when he was almost crying at LF inheriting Harrenhal...

I do not like how they are treating show LF. He is always giving away his plans and I just don't understand why. It's dangerous and he's supposed to be cleverer than that. The scene didn't work for me.

I think Ros is being used, once again as an instrument to demonstrate some thing about another main character. In this case, Joffrey's cruelty and how he has not been tamed. That is, if they use it as a justification for the Tyrell's next plot.

What plan has Littlefinger given away?

I have to call Lame on the whole deal...... it is like what they do to actress on short notice in a soap opera when they ask for too much money. Seems goofball to prop up the character all this time for this abrupt end.

I never bought into Dontos replacement. Since there is still Dontos and plenty of others.

Did not think she was so hot to be there for HBO nudity

Was into Fake Arya and converted to Fake Sansa. The key was it had to be someone that Theon could recognize. Nobody would fit now.

Almost to me as if the producers were angry that we had it all figured out ...... and decided to throw a wrench in the works for shock value. I hope they are not writing it as they go along lest we find out in episode 10 that everyone is a cylon

phooeey!!

I thought the shot of her hanging there was quite disturbing at the end. This is a character we've come to know, who believed she was going places, and it ends like that.

Shocks the audience, demonstrates how easily it can all be lost, shows Littlefinger's ruthlessness and reminds the audience that despite Margaery's manipulations, Joffrey is still beyond redemption. Good use of the character by the showrunners IMO.

Though the fact that she was killed offscreen makes me wonder if they really intended her arc to end this way, or if they had other plans for the character but had to change things abruptly.

Though the fact that she was killed offscreen makes me wonder if they really intended her arc to end this way, or if they had other plans for the character but had to change things abruptly.

It's probably because Ramsay torturing Theon was enough torture for one episode.

I thought the shot of her hanging there was quite disturbing at the end. This is a character we've come to know, who believed she was going places, and it ends like that.

Shocks the audience, demonstrates how easily it can all be lost, shows Littlefinger's ruthlessness and reminds the audience that despite Margaery's manipulations, Joffrey is still beyond redemption. Good use of the character by the showrunners IMO.

This sums up my thoughts. As for killing her offscreen, we've already had a few scenes with Theon this season so I think they didn't want to abuse the torture, especially since the Theon scene in this episode was quite disturbing.

Archived