Arrow 2 - Tommy Got Shafted...Bit Late, BUT SEASON 2 SPOILERS!

Jaxom 1974

If Gotham and Arrow (and Flash) are in the same universe as the upcoming movies, it could be very interesting. In MoS2, Batman will be a grizzled veteran, so to match, Arrow Ollie would have to be closer to 55 (since he's 25-ish in Arrow and Bruce will be 12 in Gotham).

Maybe it'd make more sense to make Gotham a period piece set in the 80's and Arrow set in the present before MoS (ie pre-alien First Contact). Not sure how having the TV shows as prequels would work, though. Being pre-Superman, they would have the more grounded heroes/villains on tv, leaving the more fantastical scifi/magical stuff for the movieverse post-MoS.

Yes, I know the tv shows from two networks will never be in the same universe, let alone the movies, but it's kinda fun to go through the mental exercise to see if they could fit.

I think you'd have to plan that kind of stuff before you actually start producing the various shows and movies. I'm perfectly happy with Arrow being its own thing that only has to consider its own spinoffs when it comes to storylines.

Gonna dump this Gotham bit here for the moment...if it's going to be set in the past though...could there be some wiggle room for a crossover? Do they want there to be?

I think it would be interesting. Then they could have the TV universe with Gotham and Arrow and Flash(maybe more if those do well) and the movie universe.

That way they can avoid problems of crossovers with bigger budget movies.

Full disclosure: I missed the different networks for some reason. Arrow being done right, it was easy to look past a detail like that and assume the same network...stars in my eyes for the idea of Arrow using so much of Batman's mythos already...

Time slowing down around him makes more sense than actual super speed although i guess such things are relative.

That strikes me as really boring to watch. Also, seeing how there's Thawne in the cast, that might be more his thing (well, it was actually the second Zoom's schtick in the comics).

Anyway, I red somewhere they might look to The Flashpoint Paradox movie as a model as to how to depict superspeed. And it is the best depiction of that power I've seen.

That strikes me as really boring to watch. Also, seeing how there's Thawne in the cast, that might be more his thing (well, it was actually the second Zoom's schtick in the comics).

Anyway, I red somewhere they might look to The Flashpoint Paradox movie as a model as to how to depict superspeed. And it is the best depiction of that power I've seen.

The team that has been working on The Flash since the relaunch have also done an excellent job of showing his speed. The problem is that it may not to translate to screen in much the same way as the Flashpoint paradox way (I think cost would be an issue). Slowing down time is cheap to do. We might get the occasional blur or papers falling off tables in the show. If they have some good choreographers I guess they could do the opposite and film Flash in normal speed attacking actors who are standing very still/moving really slowly and then speed the whole thing up.

The team that has been working on The Flash since the relaunch have also done an excellent job of showing his speed. The problem is that it may not to translate to screen in much the same way as the Flashpoint paradox way (I think cost would be an issue). Slowing down time is cheap to do. We might get the occasional blur or papers falling off tables in the show. If they have some good choreographers I guess they could do the opposite and film Flash in normal speed attacking actors who are standing very still/moving really slowly and then speed the whole thing up.

Yup. Too bad Manapul and Buccellato have left.

Anyway, we shall see.

Yup. Too bad Manapul and Buccellato have left.

Anyway, we shall see.

Agreed. We can only hope they have the same level of inventiveness on Detective comics although I feel The Flash was a comic that let them shine in terms of visuals. I just don't see the potential for Batman whereas Superman or some other character with a unique power set could still work. Have to admit I had low expectations for The Flash when they took over (besides it looking nice) so I'll give their new title a try. Thinking about it I could see them doing some fun visuals with an Arrow comic.

Well that was kind of boring. The villain was underdeveloped and the only new thing we learned about Blood was kind of underwhelming in light of the fact that they showed us that he's the guy in the mask several episodes ago. We know he's a villain but not the villain, it's pretty difficult to make us care about a gradual reveal of his background after that.

Particularly if the reveal is done through the eyes of the least interesting character on the show. Who is apparently stealing her father's medication, which probably means that just as she has people almost believing her suspicions about Blood her drug abuse will be revealed, prompting them to dismiss her claims. And possibly leading to her dismissal from the DA's office. Considering that this is the first time that Laurel has been even remotely useful this season, I'm not sure I'll manage to care. I guess that happens when you keep a supposed main character on the sidelines for half a season. Is it too much to hope that this plotline is her swan song before being written off the show?

It did feel like a whole ton of set-up. Roy getting his powers, Slade going crazy, background on Blood. At least Laurel is doing something useful. It was a shame they didn't do more with the firefly guy - he really was a blank slate in that episode. I hope we don't have to endure updates about BArry Allen every episode.

I noticed a shout out to "the movement". I think there's a comic but it seems to be one that no-one actually reads.

What happened to Laurel's face?

Is that just weight loss?

I thought it was looking very long and as always, lacks any kind of emoting ability. I really wish they'd kill her off and add another to the cast. She's by far the weak link and while the material for her blows, she doesn't do it any favors.

Episode was meh last night but still happy the show is back. Can't all be winners in a 22 episode season.

I can't really see much of a difference between Laurel last season and now. And while I doubt she's the greatest actress in the cast, she really gets terrible material. I have a hard time believing anybody could have sold the "He isn't your nephew, he's your son!" *dundundun* scene, leave alone getting a storyline that involves both a descent into drug abuse as well as being the only one perceptive and clearheaded enough to unearth something resembling evidence against Blood. That's pretty schizophrenic writing.

I can't really see much of a difference between Laurel last season and now. And while I doubt she's the greatest actress in the cast, she really gets terrible material. I have a hard time believing anybody could have sold the "He isn't your nephew, he's your son!" *dundundun* scene, leave alone getting a storyline that involves both a descent into drug abuse as well as being the only one perceptive and clearheaded enough to unearth something resembling evidence against Blood. That's pretty schizophrenic writing.

Maybe, but I don't buy it. And while the writing is pretty poor for her, I think part of that is just the acting. I just can't take anything seriously out of her mouth while she forgets to emote. And given her role over the last season and half, just having a tough time believing she's perceptive enough to pick up on something being off about Blood. That is definitely partly the writing though and I really wish they'd realize that no one gives a shit if Laurel is there or connected to the story at all since no one actually likes her or the actress.

"Any news on Barry?"

"He's still in a coma, but doctors are confident he'll wake up in the fall."

:)

I wonder if they will deal with the Felicity/Barry split on or off-screen? I don't really want her jumping to the Flash as I don't know if that show will be any good yet. I think i still preferred it when Olly wasn't interested in her but I know the show has to have a love interest and Laurel clearly doesn't work.

I wonder if they will deal with the Felicity/Barry split on or off-screen? I don't really want her jumping to the Flash as I don't know if that show will be any good yet. I think i still preferred it when Olly wasn't interested in her but I know the show has to have a love interest and Laurel clearly doesn't work.

I would be utterly shocked if Felicity left Arrow. She clearly loves the show and the actors (look at her instagram) and her chemistry with Ollie and Diggle is excellent. Can't see the producers forcing her over to the Flash.

Yeah, the Felicity/Oliver thing was fun when she seemed more interested in fucking him than this romantic angle. I guess the Laurel/Oliver thing was pretty weak, though I'd prefer them to bring Sara back than make...Feliciver...Olicity...Felicity/Oliver a couple.

Archived