Who (if any) of the cast of GOT do you think will be nominated for an Emmy this year?

BaseBornBastard

They nominate Kit and Emilia? What the fuck are they thinking?

I think Emilia did a good job and has certain star appeal to reprsent the show. Kit, I gree with. He isn't bad, but really doesn't get a chance to show off any award winning chops. The only thing I can think of is that he will have a few big scenes in the finally, perhaps with reacting to hearing about the RW, or a certain scene with Ygritte.

EDIT: Spoiler removal

I think Emilia did a good job and has certain star appeal to reprsent the show. Kit, I gree with. He isn't bad, but really doesn't get a chance to show off any award winning chops. The only thing I can think of is that he will have a few big scenes in the finally, perhaps with reacting to hearing about the RW, or a certain scene with Ygritte.

EDIT: Spoiler removal

Neither of them are terrible, but they're no where near award-level. Sort of feel like they're removing the credibility of NCW by listing him with Kit.

They should have went..

Supporting Actor: Jaime (ep. 5)

Supporting Actress: Catelyn (ep. 9)

Guest Actor: Walder (ep. 9)

Guest Actress: Queen of Thorns (ep. 2)

:agree:

Fairley and Diana Rigg have a good chance to win it with theit amazing performances. I'd love to see NCW win it as well but I'm afraid Dinklage will get a nomination for ep. 8 instead of him.

NCW has played Jaime brilliantly. But then Bradley-West has been excellent as Sam. And Michelle Fairley (though underused throughout the season) was just amazing as Cat (always, but especially) in the Red Wedding episode.

ETA:

They should have went..

Supporting Actor: Jaime (ep. 5)

Supporting Actress: Catelyn (ep. 9)

Guest Actor: Walder (ep. 9)

Guest Actress: Queen of Thorns (ep. 2)

:agree:

Michael Bradley as Walder Frey! Man, Argus Filch can act well! Also Fairley was fantastic at the RW but then again, it was pretty much one of her few scenes to really shine in since Benweiss decided to focus on 'worst love story ever'.

TV Cersei and Tyrion have been medicore this season, it's all about NCW as Jaime, who's really done that man justice on screen.

The Wall and beyond have once again been pretty boring and poor once again this season though I enjoy whoever played Ygritte.

The kids... well Arya has been less like actual Arya, Sansa was still consistent but at times still not showing that she's changing and understanding the world, Bran potentially gets misunderstood by show-watchers who are unaware/don't care about his destiny and magical powers and see his scenes as disconnected from the main narrative. Rickon, funnily enough, has been the best Stark kid this season and he only got about three lines!

Dany was really impressive in the Dracarys scene and Clarke performs better with fictional languages in my opinion. She was also strong in Yunkai scenes, particularly with an equally impressive Ed Skrein as our toned-down-but-still-swaggering Tyroshi captain.

it will be dinklage and probably him alone. major inertia with the emmys, its hard to get noticed, but once you do, you dont get forgotten

and though he didnt do much this year, he does have a good episode submission, which is what matters most to the emmys

Fairley and Diana Rigg have a good chance to win it with theit amazing performances. I'd love to see NCW win it as well but I'm afraid Dinklage will get a nomination for ep. 8 instead of him.

Fairley would have a very uphill path even to a nomination, let alone to win. She was barely in this season. If she was a preexisting nominee having one good episode might be enough, but she isn't. To get nominated she needed to have people talking about Catelyn all season long.

I agree that NCW deserves a nomination, the speech in the bathtub should push him over the edge. Don't agree with those who assume Peter Dinklage gets nominated again. I think Maisie WIlliams has been great this year (and in prior years) & would love to see her get one. Michelle Fairley definitely in the conversation now. Don't think Charles Dance will, I think he had slightly better material last year.

I'm surprised so many people are saying Dinklage. He has been great, but I don't think this season comes close to his performance in season 2. NCW, Richard Madden, and Michael McElhatton have all done just as well I think (though I think NCW has outshined all).

I'm surprised so many people are saying Dinklage. He has been great, but I don't think this season comes close to his performance in season 2. NCW, Richard Madden, and Michael McElhatton have all done just as well I think (though I think NCW has outshined all).

I actually think he's been mailing it in this season. Maybe the scene with Cercei talking about their marriage woes was the one time I thought he had his old spark. Peter would be nomed on name value alone. You can't seriously expect his drunken antics in Second Sons to actually merit a nom or those cheesy inner-cuts between him and Bronn and Sansa and Marg in a prior episode. It played as a bad two star romantic comedy. The less said about him, Pod and the whores the better (the worst scene in Game of Thrones, period).

The only performance in King's Landing this season people will remember is Dance as Tywin pushing around his family or perhaps Rigg as the Queen of Thrones sassing everyone. Tyrion's storyline is not award winning material. I do think he'll be able to return to form in season4 when he gets to do, you know, the real Tyrion storyline from Clash of Kings.

Yeah, Season 4 is much, much more of a "Tyrion season." This one was NCW all the way.

FWIW, I thought Kit had a number of really good scenes when the character actually was non-passive for a moment. When Jon's being kind of a dumb kid, Kit makes me groan, but when Jon's actually being a leader and/or telling people what's what, Kit is outstanding.

This is often more about who has buzz going into the nominations and who has the best 'emmy reel' There are three/four really big moments in season 3, the one with the most buzz/momentum is Michelle Fairley, who everyone is talking about for her performance in the red wedding. Earlier in the season, Emilia Clarke had unstoppable momentum with her Dracarys episode, likewise NCW created a ton of chatter with his Bath scene. All of those scenes are major moments of the series, generated a lot of buzz, and perhaps most importantly make for a great Emmy reel.

If anything, Dinklage doesn't have an equally great moment, but he might simply ride familiarity into a nomination as well.

There is a decent chance that GOT with the momentum of the Red Wedding is a threat to win Best Drama. Red Wedding should win Best Director, possibly screenplay as well, they also ought to get their usual dozen tech nods, with probably a win in sound editing for Episode 5 (that episode is honestly the best sound design I've ever heard in television show).

And discount anything you hear about prejudice against fantasy, until Return of the King, no fantasy film had won any major oscars. if GOT manages a smart Emmy campaign they can ride the momentum and shock from The Red Wedding all the way to glory.

FWIW, I thought Kit had a number of really good scenes when the character actually was non-passive for a moment. When Jon's being kind of a dumb kid, Kit makes me groan, but when Jon's actually being a leader and/or telling people what's what, Kit is outstanding.

I definitely have the opposite point of view. I think Kit's the worst of the cast. Mind you, the show is loaded with amazing portrayals, even when they differ from the books. From Joffrey to Melisandre to Hot Pie, EVERYONE has absolutely nailed it. Except Kit Harrington. I know Jon Snow is supposed to be dark and brooding, but a little facial expression and intonation every now and then wouldn't hurt. I care way less about him in the show than the book. I almost can't wait to see him stabbed.

If Charles Dance and Diana Rigg don't win for their roles, then something is wrong. There's been a huge focus on Tywin this season, and he's consistently amazing. In every scene. I'm seeing a lot of NCW and Michelle Fairley being suggested, but they only really each had one awesome scene.

Still. I don't know how the nominations will pan out. Honestly, everyone is amazing and deserves something. Superb ensemble.

Except Kit.

Archived