Moments of Foreshadowing 5

Fire Eater

The statues on dragonstone show a wolf facing a dragon, I always felt that was foreshadowing of a final battle between a Stark and a Targaryen.

It could represent Jon, with his stark side fighting his Targaryen side, once he finds out his parentage

The statues on dragonstone show a wolf facing a dragon, I always felt that was foreshadowing of a final battle between a Stark and a Targaryen.

I don't know about a final battle, but it would sure give you the fire/ice split and it might be a clue as to why the Targs stayed put on Dragonstone initially, instead of taking over the whole of Westeros...maybe they knew something about the North that they later forgot.

Here is the quote from Maester cressen

The maester stood on the windswept balcony outside his chambers. It was here the ravens came, after long flight. Their droppings speckled the gargoyles that rose twelve feet tall on either side of him, a hellhound and a wyvern, two of the thousand that brooded over the walls of the ancient fortress

I assumed the wyvern was a dragon since Martin's dragons are wyverns and the hellhound to be a direwolf.

The maester stood on the windswept balcony outside his chambers. It was here the ravens came, after long flight. Their droppings speckled the gargoyles that rose twelve feet tall on either side of him, a hellhound and a wyvern, two of the thousand that brooded over the walls of the ancient fortress

I assumed the wyvern was a dragon since Martin's dragons are wyverns and the hellhound to be a direwolf.

If that's the reference then I'm less enthused, honestly. I'll give you the dragon-wyvern but the hellhound thing sounds like it might be something else. Then again, Simeon Star-Eyes did see hellhounds at the Nightfort.

If that's the reference then I'm less enthused, honestly. I'll give you the dragon-wyvern but the hellhound thing sounds like it might be something else. Then again, Simeon Star-Eyes did see hellhounds at the Nightfort.

That's interesting I never knew that, soo hellhounds actually do exist in westeros.

Its also interesting as to why the Targaryen settlers on dragonstone built it rather than just wyverns/dragons, since thats what they were known for.

Wyvern vs hellhound may compliment the showdown between the bitch and Ghost under the table at WF (which I see as Sandor/Sansa and Jon). Although I doubt it, if that was what was intended it'd make more sense if it were just a dragon.

Red Viper vs Mountain? Red viper being a viper and having some Targ blood up the family chain (Wyverns are commonly winged with a dragon head and reptilian body), Gregor of course being the hellhound.

Then again the quote doesn't suggest a stand off against one another, rather that they're both acting as protectors.

I'm sorry if it has already been mention, too lazy to read everything...

I think it's in ADWD. Jon thinks about ser Axell Florent who let his brother burn. I think he thinks something like: "what kind of person would let his brother die in front of him without doing anything".

Whereas R+L=J is true, it might foreshadow one of this things:

a/ (F)Aegon, will be burn in front of him by Danny => This one is my fav, but that means that the 3 of them will be reunited somehow.

b/ Bran will be burn to death => means that during the battle for dawn 2.0 1/ he is manipulated by BR and TCOF and fight in the Others' side and jon's dragon or Dany's will have to kill him or 2/ he will die by accident

c/ (crackpot) Tyrion will be burnt to death => means that he truly is a Targaryen. But I really don't think in this case his death will be by Danny's will. Maybe if it appears he truly is a Targaryen, he will try to control one of the dragons and end up like Quentyn...

d/ His aunt Dany will be burnt. Maybe because she will turn as an Other or Jon will kill her to take the IT (absolute crackpot).

This (crackpots) theories also mean that "brother" must be interpreted like "family". Aegon being his half-brother, Bran his cousin and Dany and Tyrion (maybe!) his aunt and oncle.

My crackpot theory for the day :blink:

My theory also involves Dany. I think that Jon and Dany are going to be allies originally, probably along with Melisandre. They work together to fight the Others using fire until Melisandre decides to start burning the weirwoods. Dany will be persuaded to go along with it, but Jon will balk when he learns that Bran might possibly

]be burned. At that point he turns against the two women. This is Dany's betrayal for love. The text doesn't say that the betrayal is for love of her, only that the betrayal will happen to her because of love. Jon loves Bran and so will betray Dany.

My crackpot theory for the day :blink:

My theory also involves Dany. I think that Jon and Dany are going to be allies originally, probably along with Melisandre. They work together to fight the Others using fire until Melisandre decides to start burning the weirwoods. Dany will be persuaded to go along with it, but Jon will balk when he learns that Bran might possibly

]be burned. At that point he turns against the two women. This is Dany's betrayal for love. The text doesn't say that the betrayal is for love of her, only that the betrayal will happen to her because of love. Jon loves Bran and so will betray Dany.

Wow I like that theory

Two of the thousand.

So a thousand gargoyles? What do they represent? The nobility of Westeros?

This one has been brought up before, I know, but it's buried at this point.

In aGoT, Jon gives Ghost a chicken under the table. A black bitch with yellow eyes snaps at him and tries to take it. Ghost, despite her being three times his size, doesn't back down but also doesn't fight her. The dog relents, snapping once to save her pride, and leaves Ghost with the chicken.

Interpretation: Stannis is the black-and-yellow dog (Baratheon colors), Jon is Ghost and the chicken is the North.

Archived