Moments of Foreshadowing 5

Fire Eater

^Fantastic. I knew the Dusky Woman was what Moqorro was referring to, but for whatever reason I hadnt consider that she may have already attempted some acts of sabotage. But then you have to wonder why Euron would want Vic dead before he even gets to kidnap Dany/blow the horn/steal a dragon.

As for the WO5K, I personally like to think it's on a hiatus as mentioned and will resume under a different title (as Euron's long game and the Northern Revival) plus Aegon and Dany.. before the Others fuck it all up. But technically it's over and Stannis won. He's the only original claimant standing lol.

"You ride like a northman, milady," Harwin said when he'd drawn them to a halt. "Your aunt was the same. Lady Lyanna."

Harwin compares Arya to Lyanna after her attempt to run away from Harwin and the others taking her to the lightning lord. This is a clue that Lyanna willingly ran off with Rhaegar, and avoid being brought to the storm lord, Robert.

"You ride like a northman, milady," Harwin said when he'd drawn them to a halt. "Your aunt was the same. Lady Lyanna."

Harwin compares Arya to Lyanna after her attempt to run away from Harwin and the others taking her to the lightning lord. This is a clue that Lyanna willingly ran off with Rhaegar, and avoid being brought to the storm lord, Robert.

It certainly shows Arya as a good rider, same as her aunt. It may imply that Arya and Lyanna share character traits. I'm not sure it makes the jump to Lyanna being willing or not to run with Rhaegar.

His [Jaime's] point scraped past her parry and bit into her upper thigh. A red flower blossomed, and Jaime had an instant to savor the sight of her blood

The female private parts have often been associated with flowers, i.e. flowering, while swords are often associated with the male parts. The red flower blooming in her upper thigh from Jaime's sword foreshadows him taking Brienne's maidenhead, so they will consummate their relationship.

King Loren escaped, and lived long enough to surrender, pledge his fealty to the Targaryens, and beget a son

A son will be conceived as a result of this coupling.

His [Jaime's] point scraped past her parry and bit into her upper thigh. A red flower blossomed, and Jaime had an instant to savor the sight of her blood

The female private parts have often been associated with flowers, i.e. flowering, while swords are often associated with the male parts. The red flower blooming in her upper thigh from Jaime's sword foreshadows him taking Brienne's maidenhead, so they will consummate their relationship.

King Loren escaped, and lived long enough to surrender, pledge his fealty to the Targaryens, and beget a son

YAAAAY! :3 Jaime x Brienne

I wonder if Jaime will B) use his fist! :)

YEEEEEEAAAAAAH!

You just got some foreshadowing for one of my Pet theory's

I love you.

Ok something someone said on an earlier page of this thread brought this Patchface Prophesy to mind.

" Under the sea it snows up, and the rain is dry as bone. I know. I know "

I'm really sorry I can't remember who said it but Snow Falling was likened to Winterfell. as in Winter Fell down from the sky in the form of snow.

So Under the sea, the snow falls up.= Winterfell goes back up the Starks rise again.

And the rain .= The Lannisters who Rain down fury on their enemy's as in the Raines of Castamere song,

is dry as bone= As in they are just bones, all dried up and gone.

I think this Patchface Prophesy foretells the Starks regaining power and defeating the Lannisters.

I do fully believe though that Brienne will be left pregnant with Jamie's child and will retreat to Tarth marry Hyle Hunt and raise the Last Lannister bastard in secret disguised as Hyles child. In a mirror of Jon's situation.

ADwD: Moqorro is rescued by the iron fleet, and when Victarion asks him how he will die the priest says that his death "is already in the room", or something among the likes.

Victarion and eventually the reader think that he's speaking about his infected hand, but actually he's talking about the dusky woman, who is there as well and may have all the reasons it the world to see Victarion killed.

-Ser Serry didn't poison the sword, as "poison is for cravens and women".

-Victarion lets only two people medicate his wound: maester Kerwin (who good old Vic suspects of poisoning, ironicallly) and the dusky woman.

-"Euron's gifts are always poisoned", by the Man itself

Yet......... he suspects Kerwin.

Detective Victarion is spot on the case as usual.

GRRM did say he's dumb as a stump...

Ok something someone said on an earlier page of this thread brought this Patchface Prophesy to mind.

" Under the sea it snows up, and the rain is dry as bone. I know. I know "

I'm really sorry I can't remember who said it but Snow Falling was likened to Winterfell. as in Winter Fell down from the sky in the form of snow.

So Under the sea, the snow falls up.= Winterfell goes back up the Starks rise again.

And the rain .= The Lannisters who Rain down fury on their enemy's as in the Raines of Castamere song,

is dry as bone= As in they are just bones, all dried up and gone.

I think this Patchface Prophesy foretells the Starks regaining power and defeating the Lannisters.

I do fully believe though that Brienne will be left pregnant with Jamie's child and will retreat to Tarth marry Hyle Hunt and raise the Last Lannister bastard in secret disguised as Hyles child. In a mirror of Jon's situation.

Perhaps the "under the sea" bit refers to the Greyjoys, who had taken Winterfell. Just like in Jojens green dream (if I remember correctly), he saw the sea comming to Winterfell, which Bran thought was strange, because the sea was many a mile away, until it became clear that the Greyjoys were meant and were depicted by the sea.

In Brienne VII of Feast, we have perhaps the most compelling foreshadowing of all with old black iron clanking dragon head turning up on the Quiet Isle red with rust. After the tale is related by Meribald Brienne and the rest of her companions hear Gendry working at the forge and Hyle jests, “Either they have themselves a smith, or the old innkeep’s ghost is making another iron dragon.” Notably, the old innkeep was a Heddle, whose grandson or more distant relative played a central role in the Second Blackfyre Rebellion. But in any event, Gendry appears and Brienne thinks she sees Renly’s ghost. Does this foreshadow Gendry and maybe the BWB supporting Aegon Mopatis of House Blackfyre, who holds himself out as Aegon Targaryen?

I'm rereading Cat of the Canals and noting that Him of Many Faces is the Black Goat in Qohor and remembering that disciples of R'hllor try to burn the Black Goat of Qohor. So I am thinking we will have a war between the FM and the red priests.

I'm rereading Cat of the Canals and noting that Him of Many Faces is the Black Goat in Qohor and remembering that disciples of R'hllor try to burn the Black Goat of Qohor. So I am thinking we will have a war between the FM and the red priests.

This is actually a theory I've been thinking as well. Melissandre's point of view makes it very clear she fears and opposes "the Great Other" and his agents, whose domain is darkness, death, and despair. The Faceless Men scream all three. If the other great R'hollor followings share half of Melissandre's leanings, they will jump on a chance to destroy the House of White and Black, whether they succeed or not.

The destruction of the House of White and Black would certainly be a shocking game changer that Martin is fond of, and it would be another home Arya lost, but would allow her to continue on her own path and save her from becoming "no one."

Probably just a coincidence wrt to the "Varys Blackfyre" theory, but maybe not.

AGoT, Jon VI:

The sun was sinking below the trees when they reached their destination, a small clearing in the deep of the wood where nine weirwoods grew in a rough circle. Jon drew in a breath, and be saw Sam Tarly staring. Even in the wolfswood, you never found more than two or three of the white trees growing together; a grove of nine was unheard of. The forest floor was carpeted with fallen leaves, bloodred on top, black rot beneath. The wide smooth trunks were bone pale, and nine faces stared inward. The dried sap that crusted in the eyes was red and hard as ruby. Bowen Marsh commanded them to leave their horses outside the circle. “This is a sacred place, we will not defile it.”

Red and Black. Dragon colors.

ASoS, Davos IV:

I [stannis] mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done, after the Trident. Ser Barristan once told me that the rot in King Aerys’s reign began with Varys.

This is actually a theory I've been thinking as well. Melissandre's point of view makes it very clear she fears and opposes "the Great Other" and his agents, whose domain is darkness, death, and despair. The Faceless Men scream all three. If the other great R'hollor followings share half of Melissandre's leanings, they will jump on a chance to destroy the House of White and Black, whether they succeed or not.

The destruction of the House of White and Black would certainly be a shocking game changer that Martin is fond of, and it would be another home Arya lost, but would allow her to continue on her own path and save her from becoming "no one."

I wonder if the FM mission at the Citadel is somehow linked...

"The warlocks in Qarth told you that you would be betrayed three times," the exile knight reminded her, as Viserion and Rhaegal began to snap and claw at each other.

"Once for blood and once for gold and once for love." Dany was not like to forget. "Mirri Maz Duur was the first."

"Which means two traitors yet remain . . . and now these two appear. I find that troubling, yes. Never forget, Robert offered a lordship to the man who slays you."

Dany leaned forward and yanked Viserion's tail, to pull him off his green brother.

Listening to the Storm of Swords on audio and this part stood out.

Especially since Viserion and Rhaegal are the two loose in Meereen and the two she hasn't spent any time training.

Jon will not be king:

"I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children," the recruits promised, in voices that echoed back through years and centuries. "I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post."

Gods of the wood, grant me the strength to do the same, Jon Snow prayed silently. Give me the wisdom to know what must be done and the courage to do it.

--Jon VII, Dance

Jon will not be king:

"I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children," the recruits promised, in voices that echoed back through years and centuries. "I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post."

Gods of the wood, grant me the strength to do the same, Jon Snow prayed silently. Give me the wisdom to know what must be done and the courage to do it.

--Jon VII, Dance

The whole scene at the Weirwood will probably help Jon a lot. If there ever was a doubt in Bran's (or BR's) mind to not choose him as a champion of the Old Gods. He is probably the best card to have in whatever the god version of the game of thrones is called, doesn't matter if he is a secret targaryen or not, he has proven himself to be loyal to the OG as well as being a capable commander, leader, fighter and diplomat. I don't really see why your quote foreshadows him not being king though, it is pretty ambiguous what with the uncertainty of the last sentence and all. Maybe the old gods do want him to become the king of westeros?

Archived