Worst Sibling in ASOIAF

The Prince of Ice

• 11 months later...

In the order from worst to not that bad:

1. Cersei Lannister- Make's Tyrion's life a living hell; tries to hurt him physically, mentally, emotionally, politically. The argument can be made that she uses Jaimie as her own personal sex toy (who just so happens to look like a male version of herself).

2. Gregor Clegane- Abuses his brother physically, mentally, and emotionally just because he can.

3. Euron Greyjoy- Usurper, manipulator, possible kin-slayer, possibly scheming to kill his other brother.

4. Viserys Targaryen- He treated his sister like chattel and is shown to be verbally abusive towards her (however, to his credit, he swallowed his pride as a "Dragon" to become a beggar to make sure that his sister was taken care of when they were growing up).

5. Renly Baratheon- Usurped his brother's claim, openly insults and disrespects his brother in-front of his own men.

6. Stannis Baratheon- Killed his little brother, tried to sacrifice his nephew (although he gets a little leeway because of Melisandre's influence and he seems remorseful of his actions here).

7. Robert Baratheon- Treats Stannis like shit (Robert's lower on this list because his mistreatment comes more out of neglect than actively tormenting him).

In terms of personal consequences: Gregor Clegane.

When looking at the bigger picture: Renly Baratheon. Had he supported Stannis just as Stannis had supported Robert, the Lannisters would have almost certainly lost the War of the Five Kings and perhaps a peaceful settlement could have been arranged between Stannis and the North. Instead, Renly by being a terrible brother, not only screws over Stannis but prevents a quick end to a devastating conflict.

In the order from worst to not that bad:

1. Cersei Lannister- Make's Tyrion's life a living hell; tries to hurt him physically, mentally, emotionally, politically. The argument can be made that she uses Jaimie as her own personal sex toy (who just so happens to look like a male version of herself).

2. Gregor Clegane- Abuses his brother physically, mentally, and emotionally just because he can.

3. Euron Greyjoy- Usurper, manipulator, possible kin-slayer, possibly scheming to kill his other brother.

4. Viserys Targaryen- He treated his sister like chattel and is shown to be verbally abusive towards her (however, to his credit, he swallowed his pride as a "Dragon" to become a beggar to make sure that his sister was taken care of when they were growing up).

5. Renly Baratheon- Usurped his brother's claim, openly insults and disrespects his brother in-front of his own men.

6. Stannis Baratheon- Killed his little brother, tried to sacrifice his nephew (although he gets a little leeway because of Melisandre's influence and he seems remorseful of his actions here).

7. Robert Baratheon- Treats Stannis like shit (Robert's lower on this list because his mistreatment comes more out of neglect than actively tormenting him).

I'd put Stannis above Renly, he fled his brother's side and left him in the hands of the Lannisters as soon as he felt threatened by them. Renly on the other hand stuck with Robert until his very end.

When looking at the bigger picture: Renly Baratheon. Had he supported Stannis just as Stannis had supported Robert, the Lannisters would have almost certainly lost the War of the Five Kings and perhaps a peaceful settlement could have been arranged between Stannis and the North. Instead, Renly by being a terrible brother, not only screws over Stannis but prevents a quick end to a devastating conflict.

Why would he do that? Joffrey is the head of House Baratheon, not Stannis.

Why would he do that? Joffrey is the head of House Baratheon, not Stannis.

Yep, only if Renly had been a better brother then we might not have lost the greatest boy king ever, Joffrey.

Other people probably did worse things, but I'll go with Cersei based on the special bonus she gets for being a main character and picking on possibly the main character. I mean sure, Gregor did this horrible thing to Sandor and we heard about it, Ramsay pops his bros and we hear about it, and more good examples, but with Cersei, we're watching it go down day after day.

For me, it's Euron. I know, the most of it are just theories, but I believe in them. Is there any brother he didn't harm or wrong?

Molested Aeron and/or Urrigon, slept with Vic's wife, schemed to kill Balon; it's only their god's hate for kinslaying which prevents Vic from killing him, Aeron is traumatized because of him, and now he even sits the Seastone Chair and rules... I wish his brothers were less religious, I for one would allow them the kinslaying.

I'd put Stannis above Renly, he fled his brother's side and left him in the hands of the Lannisters as soon as he felt threatened by them. Renly on the other hand stuck with Robert until his very end.

Until he fled.... when he felt threatened by the Lannisters

Archived