GRRM Provides a Casting Clue

Westeros

No way anybody would believe this man as the father of Natalie Dormer or Finn Jones.

I believe he does indeed. An ugly father. Did you ever see pictures of young Diana Rigg? She might be Dormer's real life grandmother. But, going back to Mace, it's not rare for relatives to look alike, yet one being good looking and the other one being not. Griffith's facial features are really similar to Dormer's and Jones' , only they're ugly.

I really wish that HBO would release a casting video like they did last year. It was really cool that they did that.

I think we are way past them doing that now, unless a teaser shows up after season 4 shooting.

Odd , I noticed somewhere a sighting of Art Parkinson in Belfast , but then he is in film about 'Dracula' filming in NI.

(Which sounds like a film about Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia, will be set in that period (no Bram Stoker stuff) but, film does not sound historically accurate to me.)

No Natalia Tena sightings, so, could be, no Rickon-Osha story season 4?

Yeah...seriously.

Plenty of youthful beauty goes to pot later in life. And besides, a gorgeous mother and a toad-like father can still produce lovely children. No ever said the other Tyrell children were great beauties. And yes, Brendan Gleeson would have been awesome, though I've always found him more enjoyable in smarmy roles.

Yeah, haven't been able to crack why the app that takes the RSS feed and renders it into posts keeps doing that, but it is definitely an encoding issue.

I bet you’re passing UTF-8 to the feed, but the feed is thinking it is getting ISO 8859-1, and then re-encoding each such byte into UTF-8 again.

I don’t know what your interface is, but if there isn’t a place for you to specify the encoding if what you upload (like the way you can with HTTP transfers), then there really should be.

On the other hand, I seem to be able to use UTF-8 quite freely in postings here with no such trouble. Perhaps this one assume UTF-8 input and provides UTF-8 output, whereas the other assumes ISO 8859-1 input and provides UTF-8 output.

Wow, did I stumble into the 12th Doctor thread?

Chill my lovelies, Nina Gold is good at her job. All the actors (except that dumb S1 stablehand and sometimes Shae) have been fine. Even Hinds as Mace isn't an acting problem so much as a different way the part is written.

Heh, pretty kids are not just from mom and dad's looks, it's multiple generations. One bad genetics lottery doesn't have to create homely children. My hair is red but the last relative in my family to have red hair was my great-grandmother.

Archived