U.S. Politics - We meet again, my nemesis!

TerraPrime

An example of DC cluelessness...and arrogance?

http://money.msn.com/now/congressman-laments-dollar172000-salary

Man, Congress is a dead-end job. You're surrounded by fat-cat lobbyists making twice as much as you, you hear nothing but complaints from your constituents and you take home a measly $174,000 a year.

It's enough to get one Congressman, Phil Gingrey of Georgia (pictured), tied up in knots. He complained about it in a closed-door meeting Wednesday, and his comments have spread like wildfire.

Gingrey observed that poorly paid Congressional aides have a future on K Street -- a street in Washington D.C. known for the lobbying companies headquartered there.

Aides "may be 33 years old now and not making a lot of money," Gingrey said, according to two aides who relayed his comments to The National Review. "But in a few years they can just go to K Street and make $500,000 a year. Meanwhile I'm stuck here making $172,000 a year."

An example of DC cluelessness...and arrogance?

http://money.msn.com...ar172000-salary

I saw that earlier and couldn't muster up much beyond a sigh and a shake of the head. For a party that rails about people' being too entitled they sure do seem to dredge up the worst examples of what they're complaining about.

Even more ridiculous is Boehner's latest attack on Obama

“Why is the Obama administration willing to negotiate with Putin on Syria ... But not with Congress to address Washington's spending problem?” text from the ad asks.

Beyond this being yet another sad attempt to kowtow even more to the tea party, I can't help but hope Jay Carney answers this way when he's inevitably asked about the video:

"Because the White House does not negotiate with terrorists."

I've finally figured it out. The real reason Obamacare is so wrong. The reason the GOP is valiantly fighting it tooth and nail.

Because deep in that huge tome of a law, there's a provision that young people who buy health insurance under Obamacare have to get anally raped by a creepy guy dressed like Uncle Sam.

The stunning expose:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/obamacare-wars-get-weirder-and-more-authentic.html

Yeah, it wa sposted on the previous page too.

Although I do find it interesting that the party which wants to stick metal probes into the vag of every woman around and deny actual rape victims from being able to do anything about carrying their rapist's child wants to liken Obamacare to rape.

"Don't get raped by Obamacare... come here and let us probe you instead!"

I find your posts often crossing the border from distasteful to repugnant. You and your copy/pasted political beliefs are a large part of what's wrong with this country.

Okay, so now providing links is bad.

This after the deliberate misinterpretation of the last set of links qualifies as a good post to you?

Yup, thanks for reminding me about why these political threads are best avoided.

Go ahead and worship your religion of state-ism alone and without opposing points of view. I'll let you continue to pretend that I and my beliefs ... a LARGE part of what's wrong with the country, eh? All by myself? And what sort of solution do you have in mind, eh?

You Lefties have brought education so far down we are close to 3rd-world status in that Dept. already.

A few other items, wherein your only answer will be false and misleading attacks on the sources;

How Green Was My Bankruptcy? US Navy Edition

other four goals are:

• Making evaluating energy factors mandatory when awarding Department of the Navy contracts for systems and buildings.
  • Demonstrate a Green Strike Group in local operations by 2012 and sail it by 2016.
  • Reduce petroleum in the commercial fleet by 50 percent by 2015.
  • Produce at least 50 percent of shore-based energy requirements from alternative sources by 2020. Fifty percent of Navy and Marine Corps installations will be net-zero.

[...]

As if the Great Greent@rd Fleet wasn't bad enough...

Back to health care;

HR 3121 would:

Fully repeal the Affordable Care Act

Allow individuals to purchase health insurance outside of their state

Reform malpractice laws

Prohibit federal subsidies to abortion providers

Expand access to Health Savings Accounts

From what I've read, it's more of a free-market alternative to the Affordable Care Act.

http://rsc.scalise.house.gov/uploade...section_v3.pdf

“The American Health Care Reform Act” begins by completely repealing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly called Obamacare, and replacing it with a series of changes to the tax code and other health insurance regulations.

“The RSC’s American Health Care Reform Act is a common-sense bill that will lower costs using conservative, free-market solutions which give American families more choices without the unworkable mandates and billions in taxes included in President Obama’s health care law,” said RSC chairman Steve Scalise (R., La.) in a statement.

http://freebeacon.com/republicans-pu...e-replacement/

Whoops, there I go again, posting fresh stuff instead of just taking a shit all over what somebody else posted.

Okay, so now providing links is bad.

This after the deliberate misinterpretation of the last set of links qualifies as a good post to you?

Oh you poor, poor martyr. Forging foward bravely against nasty liberal hivemind. Post links, then assure us that if we had just read them right, they are self evident and should have convinced us completly. Then quickly gallop, yes gallop young Gish (thanks Romney for teaching me a new term) away from your last set with out telling anyone how I "deliberatly misinterpreted" your last set.

So I ask. How did I mis read your last set of links? You claimed favoried buisness were getting exemptions. I asked for proof. You gave me an uncited opinion piece and a completly unrelated article. What did I miss?

Yeah, it wa sposted on the previous page too.

Although I do find it interesting that the party which wants to stick metal probes into the vag of every woman around and deny actual rape victims from having to carry their rapist's child wants to liken Obamacare to rape.

"Don't get raped by Obamacare... come here and let us probe you instead!"

GOP has an unhealthy preoccupation with rape. They can't stop talking about it or bringing it up. No projection in that ad, none at all...

HR 3121 would:

Reform malpractice laws

From what I've read, it's more of a free-market alternative to the Affordable Care Act.

Criminy...the Affordable Care Act was a conservative alternative to the Clinton plan.

Back to health care;

HR 3121 would:

Reform malpractice laws

And does absolutely nothing to help the poor and middle class purchase coverage.

ETA: The ACA already is the free-market alternative to single-payer.

Thecryptile,

You have to remember that the State is a corporation too. It's a corporation everyone in a given community belongs to. Private corporations are just the State on slightly smaller scales where the shareholders buy into it. Both State and Corporate actions are actions by a collective.

God damn it. Food stamps are the single most cost-effective form of government stimulus. They are one of the very few things the government can do that gains them money, for fuck's sake. That's if you totally ignore the fact that something like 50% of food stamp recipients are children. This is easily one of the most frustrating arguments because I can't see any reason why someone would be opposed to them. If you're totally about cutting taxes to stimulate the economy, you should be all over foodstamps, because they are literally almost six times more efficient. If you cry "think of the children!" all the time, you should be all over foodstamps. If you want to help small businesses, you should be all over foodstamps. Everyone should be all over foodstamps in a weak economy.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-06/best-stimulus-package-may-be-food-stamps.html

http://www.economist.com/node/18958475

When Moody's Analytics assessed different forms of stimulus, it found that food stamps were the most effective, increasing economic activity by $1.73 for every dollar spent. Unemployment insurance came in second, at $1.62, whereas most tax cuts yielded a dollar or less.
By contrast, for every dollar spent on (iirc) the Bush era tax cuts, economic activity was increased by $0.30.

That's if you totally ignore the fact that something like 50% of food stamp recipients are children.

Political Slogan for GOP 2014: Let Them Eat Cake.

As for Liberal Nemesises...Nemisi...I think that role falls largely on FLoW, Ser Scot and Tormund. I try to look out for their posts in political threads when I want to see some counterarguments that are logical and informed.

Though Scot always seems to more spread out politically.

eta: Damn, now I'm thinking about a family I knew on a care card who did have to make one of the kids' birthday cakes function as dinner for some time afterward.

Political Slogan for GOP 2014: Let Them Eat Cake.

As for Liberal Nemesises...Nemisi...I think that role falls largely on FLoW, Ser Scot and Tormund. I try to look out for their posts in political threads when I want to see some counterarguments that are logical and informed.

Though Scot always seems to more spread out politically.

eta: Damn, now I'm thinking about a family I knew on a care card who did have to make one of the kids' birthday cakes function as dinner for some time afterward.

While I almost never agree with him, I do enjoy reading Cryptile's posts as well, because I don't get pure fox news talking points.

And ya, the food stamp thing had me spitting mad when I read it yesterday. Cutting off the nose to spite the face and all that.

Everyone should be all over foodstamps in a weak economy.

This is the Republican party of 2013 we're talking about. They are so gobstoppingly fucking stupid, ignorant, and insane it actually causes flashes of pain behind my left eye when I try to fully contemplate just how stupid, ignorant and crazy they have become.

Archived