It's all fun and fashion until someone gets hurt.

Elder Sister

Did I miss a picture? Have we seen the original dress? I just attended a wedding where a beautiful remake was done of the wedding dress originally worn by the mother of the bride. She got married in the mid 70s and the fashion at the time was high necked, long sleeved dresses with small trains (both mothers had very similar gowns), and the dress was shortened, the lace sleeves removed and turned into cap sleeves, the train removed and the neckline changed to a scoop neck. The dressmaker did a fabulous job, and I'm sure something fabulous can be done for Eponine. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Today I bought this: m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/4923/76718?prodid=287107667&cat=cat10002&name=Womens

In case the link doesn't work, it's a burgundy jumper with reindeers on it. After the success of the cat jumper I thought, what the hell. It should be here tomorrow :D

Theda - agreed! I'm always worried about what people think, but I'm trying to say sod it. Starting with wearing funky jumpers :laugh:

So BART is on strike and I've been staying with my parents on and off to avoid commute hell. My students are starting to notice- I keep some emergency clothes in my car and they're giving me the side-eye if I wear the same pants two days in a row. But mostly, when I wear the same shoes twice in a row. I have enough shoes that this pretty much never happens, and now they're starting to wonder if something is wrong. God forbid I ever get a life and have an adult sleepover. I'll never hear the end of it.

I need suggestions on brands of tights that a) last a while and b ) don't have weird shininess going on. It's getting to be tights weather, and some of my old ones are wearing out. I like patterns that aren't too crazy and could go with some ribbed variety.

Kat, This will possibly not help you since I have no idea if they are still available. But all my winter matte opaque (no shininess!) tights are Donna Karan that I purchased in the early 1990s. They are still going strong with no holes or runs or anything are many repeated washings. I probably paid $15 a pair back then so I imagine they would cost more but at this rate I'd say they are worth the money since they have lasted longer than any pants I've ever owned. So naturally with such a good record, I'd recommend them if they still make those tights. But not having to buy a new pair I can't say if they do.

Kat, This will possibly not help you since I have no idea if they are still available. But all my winter matte opaque (no shininess!) tights are Donna Karan that I purchased in the early 1990s. They are still going strong with no holes or runs or anything are many repeated washings. I probably paid $15 a pair back then so I imagine they would cost more but at this rate I'd say they are worth the money since they have lasted longer than any pants I've ever owned. So naturally with such a good record, I'd recommend them if they still make those tights. But not having to buy a new pair I can't say if they do.

Her tights are great, you can get them at Ross or Marshall's for a good price. I like Hue as well. And Target brand tights are usually my go to. They always have a good stock on hand. I always check the clearance ones first. I don't think I've paid over $5 for tights in 10 years.

Target tights never last long for me. Maybe I'm just hard on my tights. I just got my daughter some delicious fleece lined tights. I wish they made them in adult sizes!

I always wear 2 pairs of tights. One is usually something Spanx-ish, lol, the other a pair of the opaque tights in my true size. The more you make the stretch, the faster they wear out, hence the spanx. I also get really cold. I think I would die without 2 pairs of tights.

Archived