Who is the most intelligent teenager in the series?

Jon? Good joke

Sansa at 11 was better at reading and writing than him at 14, that says it all really. And he made plenty of blunders throughout - joining the NW on a whim without having an idea what its actual state is, trying to murder Thorne, his desertion attempt at the end of AGOT, lying to Mance about the NW rangers at the Fist, the second Hardhome mission he ordered, etc. Just because most of them didn't come to bite him in the ass due to his plot armor and luck doesn't make him particularly smart.

Good list but I don't think that Robb is smart enaugh. He was battle smart but his "I took her castle and she took my heart" wasn't so smart.

his tactical prowess holds quite a bit of weight with me, but he is knocked down a few pegs for the multiple instances where he didn't exercise common sense.

If I have to pick one I think I would go with Arya simply because I feel she is more versatile than the others. When I try to imagine how interchangeable they all are Arya wins out, I think she could be just as capable as the others with anything... only if she wanted to though. :P

Arya has her share of especially stupid moments though.

The one with Fat Tom being especially jarring.

I'm drawing a blank here so would someone refresh my memory please

Book Smarts: Jon and Sam

Street Smarts: Dany and Arya

Social Smarts: Sansa

Nice, I really like the way you put that!

Sansa is def not the most intelligent. Shes come across a WAY more intelligent as Alayne Stone than before being Alayne but she still has a lot more to learn. I wouldn't say Arya either. Sure she got herself out of tough situations but that has nothing on intelligence, it just proves she's got good survival instincts. Robb was a genius on the battlefield but made EXTREME mistakes off of it. His mistakes cost him his northern kingdom, his alliances, his life, his mothers life (not taking SH into consideration), and for all he knew the lives of his little brothers. Jon (who knows nothing :D) is probably the most intelligent, knowing how to turn enemies into friends and give aid to Stannis. However in time I think Bran will put them all to shame. Once he knows all the secrets of the COTF, the greenseer, and of the old gods, Bran will probably know everything.

Archived