Whose head is Robert Strong "wearing"?

It could be a combination of various body parts taken from the heads of Falyse, the puppeteers, and Senelle.

This reminds me of this one kinda creepy Fringe episode, but yeah, this seems likely. I think Falyse's head seems the most plausible.

Surely Robert Strong will need to have a head inside that helmet. I think that people are already noticing that he seems to never eat or use the privy, but at some point a knight of the kingsguard is expected to bare his head. Like if they have one of those kings guard meetings Jaime held when he came back to KL and assumed his duties as LC. He can stay mute, but he cannot keep a helmet on for all eternity.

Well, he just has to last long enough to do the trial combat. If Cersei wins she can keep him close and enforce any rule she wants concerning his helmet. Anyone that argues can take it up with Ser Robert Strong.

The head is....drum roll....

Benjen Stark.

It's very likely that either Doran Martell got one of the dwarf skulls and the whole of Ser Gregor (not just his body) is Robert Strong or Doran Martell got the real Mountain skull and Qyburn used one of the dwarf skulls for Robert Strong.

It's very likely that either Doran Martell got one of the dwarf skulls and the whole of Ser Gregor (not just his body) is Robert Strong or Doran Martell got the real Mountain skull and Qyburn used one of the dwarf skulls for Robert Strong.

These seem to be the most likely scenarios. The scariest part about Robert Strong is that he's an Undead Gregor. I'm assuming he needs his brain to keep his fighting abilities.

"Qyburn arrived before the food. Lady Falyse had put down three more cups by then, and was beginning to nod, though from time to time she would rouse and give another sob. The queen took Qyburn aside and told him of Ser Balman's folly. "I cannot have Falyse spreading tales about the city. Her grief has made her witless. Do you still need women for your . . . work?"

"I do, Your Grace. The puppeteers are quite used up."

"Take her and do with her as you will, then. But once she goes down into the black cells . . . need I say more?"

"No, Your Grace. I understand."

"Good." The queen donned her smile once again. "Sweet Falyse, Maester Qyburn's here. He'll help you rest."

"Oh," said Falyse vaguely. "Oh, good.""

The term "puppeteers" is very suggestive. What are the women being used for? Could it be similar to warg-ing, and the women are being used up because they can't eat?

I'm assuming he needs his brain to keep his fighting abilities.

Undead don't need fighting abilities anymore. They just lean in, take a beating that doesn't hurt them, then leisurely bash you, which does hurt you.

The term "puppeteers" is very suggestive. What are the women being used for? Could it be similar to warg-ing, and the women are being used up because they can't eat?

The Puppeteers were just those people who'd put on the offensive puppet show that mocked the Lannisters. They're just more dead people whose parts he's using. (There's no special puppet show being done to animate Robert Strong, in other words). I guess Rob Strong might require fresh parts like eyes and other soft tissue every few days or something? Like a vampire needs blood, he may require new organs on a regular basis? maintenance. Or that poor lady's parts were just all used up in one of Qyburn's prototypes, when he was figuring out how to animate corpses, and now that he's figured it out he threw the early frankenstein monsters into the river? (Would having a lady's head be an extra advantage because it'd lure enemies into extending extra courtesies to Rob Strong, and then Strong would be like "Wha?" as he chopped their heads off?)

This reminds me of this one kinda creepy Fringe episode, but yeah, this seems likely. I think Falyse's head seems the most plausible.

Pretty creepy. (The dance instructor one? Who like a puppeteer made his re-assembled dead student dance after hooking her up to wires/bandages.) The season with the constant back and forth between universes was the best.

Theon's penis.

Robert Strong is made out of Theon's penis.

Undead don't need fighting abilities anymore. They just lean in, take a beating that doesn't hurt them, then leisurely bash you, which does hurt you.

The Puppeteers were just those people who'd put on the offensive puppet show that mocked the Lannisters. They're just more dead people whose parts he's using. (There's no special puppet show being done to animate Robert Strong, in other words). I guess Rob Strong might require fresh parts like eyes and other soft tissue every few days or something? Like a vampire needs blood, he may require new organs on a regular basis? maintenance. Or that poor lady's parts were just all used up in one of Qyburn's prototypes, when he was figuring out how to animate corpses, and now that he's figured it out he threw the early frankenstein monsters into the river? (Would having a lady's head be an extra advantage because it'd lure enemies into extending extra courtesies to Rob Strong, and then Strong would be like "Wha?" as he chopped their heads off?)

Oh wow, that's right. I completely forgot about those puppet shows. And yea, that's entirely possible. Maybe due to the poison's influence on UnGregor's blood.

I figure it would be freakier if Gregor keeps his crazy aggressiveness. It would be cool if he's more than a lumbering zombie (but I guess that could be effective considering he's untouchable with that plate armor.) I wonder if we can gain any semblance of what's to come from the scene where Brienne gets her face chewed on by whatever the hell Biter is. That entire scene confused the hell out of me - it was so random. I was assuming he was some strange undead concoction.

EDIT: Lol, ok I guess he's just some freak.

im rereading and came across the tale of Ser Jaremy Rykker being killed by a wight after he had chopped the wights head off. so yeah the undead may not need a head to fight.

also Fringe was awesome

That's a good find. From that wiki article it says, "At Castle Back, Jafer Flowers rises as a wight and kills five people, including Jaremy. The knight manages to hack the wight's already loose head off with his sword, but is killed nonetheless when the headless wight pulls his dagger from its sheath and thrusts it into Jaremy's bowels."

That's a pretty slick move for someone without a central nervous system. We know wight's keep some semblance of their memory. Now it doesn't seem like such a stretch for Gregor to be just as crazy without a head.

Archived