Whose head is Robert Strong "wearing"?

Señor de la Tormenta

This might be one of Martins hiden weapons to reaaaaally piss us off... Whose head is under Robert Strong helmet? None? Gregors? Random?..... Oberyn? .... Robert Baratheon? (I would set all my books in fire if Martin does this)... One of Cerseis dwarfs heads? Neds?... Robbs? :-S

I got a bad feeling about this!

Creepy indeed... my guess is no head since he's undertaken a "Vow of Silence." Though that doesn't really hold up considering he needs to be able to see his opponents. It's possible Qyburn is guiding him, but that leads to further questions of how he's able to perform without Gregor's monstrous battle prowess.

I really dislike the idea of a headless knight. I don't think it's creepy, it's actually stupid.

Yeah, I know, magic... But still. Even zombies need heads... How could a KG "live" without one?

But the more I think about it, the more I believe having some famous head would be even stupider. I mean... Bob's head? That would be... lame.

How can it be Oberyn's head as surely the Martells wouldn't want that along with his other bones in order to give him a burial as I doubt they would just leave his body with the Lannisters?

Falyse is the obvious candidate, as Cersei gave her to Qyburn for "his experiments".

Of course it's "magic" and George can do whatever he wants, but I would have problems swallowing the use of the head of someone dead for more than a year such as King Robert, Ned or Syrio. Putrefaction would be well advanced, and the eyes sockets would be empty.

Archived