What are you reading in November?

Guinevere Seaworth

I finished The City by Stella Gemmell during the week, which was ok, a bit hard to follow what exactly was going on at times. At the moment I'm about a quarter of the way through Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold which so far is surprisingly depressing for a Vorkosigan Saga book.

I've had like 6 books going for a few months now, and should actually finish a couple this month.

Bleak House by Dickens. Finally, 28 chapters into the book some things are starting to happen.

Should finish the 2nd book of Abraham's The Dagger and the Coin series this month. It's pretty decent and the books are reasonably short, so I've sort of flown through the first two books.

Have been slogging through the Well of Ascension for a while now. I loved the first Mistborn book and read it in about two weeks, but this one just drags along and pretty much focuses completely on the weakest points of the first book.

Making progress on Wuthering Heights.

Just got Royal Assassin today after reading Assassin's Apprentice this week. The first book, while slow, was enjoyable, so I am excited to finish the trilogy.

I love those books! I did a re-read of all of them a couple years ago when I first got my Kindle. I have always been an Anne-with-an-e kind of gal! (It's my middle name, as a matter of fact. ;)) I also think that is where my love and envy of red hair came from.

I am an Anne-with-an-e, and I loved Anne of Green Gables and the sequels.

I just finished Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, and am now reading The Rosie Project, which was recommended by my favorite bookstore staffer. The Lowland remains the best book I have read this year.

Currently reading Through Splintered Walls by Kaaron Warren, a collection of three short stories and a novella, on the surreal/horror side of the field. The three short stories were already worth reading, and I am now up to the novella.

Also lined up is Jagannath by Karin Tidbeck, but I might escape into some lighter reading instead.

45% through The Heroes, and I have to admit that it is picking up. More keen to read on now, though I haven't had much time for reading in the last few days.

Think I've had the same experience with every Abercrombie so far, first third is always enjoyable without being too motivated to pick it up, the further I go the less I want to put it down though. 20% into Red Country now so things just starting to heat up a little.

Archived