What would Lady Catelyn would have done with Jon

Tywin Manderly

What do you think that Lady Catelyn would have done with Jon in the event that Ned had died when Jon was an infant/toddler/young child?

Believing him to be the bastard son of her late husband, she probably would have arranged to have him fostered out at some friendly house.

Believing him to be the bastard son of her late husband, she probably would have arranged to have him fostered out at some friendly house.

yup, cat didn't dislike jon for existing, she hated that Ned called him son for all the north to hear and raised him alongside her children as if he were their equal which is considered a slight

She'd have given him a head start in the Wolfswood, and if he gave her good sport, she'd have killed him before she practiced her flaying skills. (though, given how much she hates him, it might have been the other way around).

That, or sent him to the Cerwyns.

She'd have given him a head start in the Wolfswood, and if he gave her good sport, she'd have killed him before she practiced her flaying skills. (though, given how much she hates him, it might have been the other way around).

For some months prior to that, she'd have confined him in a dungeon under Winterfelll, giving him just enough food to subsist on, and forbidding him to wash. Occasionally, he'd be allowed out, and chained to the wall of the Great Hall, at banquets, and thrown the occasional scrap. If he offended her, she'd flay off the skin of a finger or toe, or "that other thing" until he begged her to cut it off. After all, she hated him.

For some months prior to that, she'd have confined him in a dungeon under Winterfelll, giving him just enough food to subsist on, and forbidding him to wash. Occasionally, he'd be allowed out, and chained to the wall of the Great Hall, at banquets, and thrown the occasional scrap. If he offended her, she'd flay off the skin of a finger or toe, or "that other thing" until he begged her to cut it off. After all, she hated him.

lol. Yes, and would have had him tend to the cinders while the trueborns got to go to the ball with the prince.

But on another note, I wonder if she'd have made contact with the Daynes. She'd thought Ashara was his mother, and I wonder if she'd have done some searching to figure this out, starting with Dornish contacts.

lol. Yes, and would have had him tend to the cinders while the trueborns got to go to the ball with the prince.

But on another note, I wonder if she'd have made contact with the Daynes. She'd thought Ashara was his mother, and I wonder if she'd have done some searching to figure this out, starting with Dornish contacts.

Very likely. If she didn't, I imagine she'd just foster him with one of the Stark Bannermen.

Probably foster him somewhere else.

Please, I wouldnt be surprised if sending him to the Cerwyns is suddenly seen as torment and abuse. Why? Because Cat did it!

This will appear in TWOW:-

"The worst times were when Lord Stark was absent from Winterfell. Lady Catelyn would confine him to the dungeons beneath the castle for weeks on end, giving him just enough bread and water to subsist on. Once, in an extremity of hunger, he had caught and eaten a rat. "Bastard" she had sneered at him, "the rats of Winterfell belong to my lord husband. Did he give you permission to eat one?"

She had taken the skin off one toe for that insolence."

How young? A fat toddler'd make a lovely pie. Maybe she could initiate a bastard eating tradition-it'd help reduce cruelty to bastards and keep people fed during the winter.

That's too quick.

She'd keep him tied to a cross for days on end, and flay toes and fingers, whip him, and crush his foot in a press, until he answered to the name of Reek.

She'd keep him tied to a cross for days on end, and flay toes and fingers, whip him, and crush his foot in a press, until he answered to the name of Reek.

All the while baby Sansa is chirping about how he needs to remember his name.

Archived