Season 3 Bluray and DVD Details Revealed

Westeros

Now you are really tempting me to listen to that again.

I get what you're saying about the Jon/Ygritte, he does seem to be in puppy mode a lot. Speaking of which, I never quite got the appeal of Jon for women in the books, either, not just from a looks perspective, but he's just so boring... but then someone said, well, look who his father is, and it makes sense.

Plot? He's the protagonist from that storyline, which means all girls want him, I guess :dunno:

and please...Rhaegar? yes, he was pretty, but also the dullest character there is, the only interesting thing he ever did was stop a warhammer with his chest

When Nikolaj starts going "The King in the North!" and Michelle cracks up, it makes me lose it too. Those two are so funny together. Too bad Jaime and Cat didn't have more time together.

They may have some time once LS meet Jaime again

and please...Rhaegar? yes, he was pretty, but also the dullest character there is, the only interesting thing he ever did was stop a warhammer with his chest

Now you've done it. Everyone was crazy about Rhaegar, even Cersei lost her heart to him, this is CERSEI, for goodness sake. If

Jon

got even a drop of whatever that was, it could very well be a draw.

By night the prince played his silver harp and made her weep. When she had been presented to him, Cersei had almost drowned in the depths of his sad purple eyes. He has been wounded, she recalled thinking, but I will mend his hurt when we are wed. Next to Rhaegar, even her beautiful Jaime had seemed no more than a callow boy.

Now you've done it. Everyone was crazy about Rhaegar, even Cersei lost her heart to him, this is CERSEI, for goodness sake. If

Jon

got even a drop of whatever that was, it could very well be a draw.

I'm just (half) kidding, I know Rhaegar had that...something emo/gothic mens have that made womens and some mens go crazy about him, but it also have the side effect on the rest of mankind that urge us to pick up a warhammer and bully them at school :rofl:

BTW, this is just a fun post, by no means I aprove bullying of any type, nor the use of warhammers on emos

Yes, in season 1, the scene with Drogo is a perfect example of how it should be done, as far as showing the woman desiring the man. That was a beautiful scene. As far as equality, the scene with Theon and Ros was also the way it should be done. Both good examples.

Really, why does every sex scene need to be identical, with both parties naked? I don't know about you, but not every time I've had sex has been with both me and the girl fully naked, and sometimes I've worn more than her or vice versa. It just depends on the situation, and in that situation on the show Melisandre was seducing Stannis, and he was clearly ashamed by what he was doing (being unfaithful to his wife). It made sense in the context of the scene for him to remain clothed.

And I'm not defending every sex scene on the show. Some of them are awful and forced and totally out of place. That Stannis/Mel scene was not one of those. It may not have been in the books, but the books obviously imply an affair between Stannis and Melisandre, so I don't have a problem with them showing that on screen, especially given the importance of that sex scene later when she gives birth to the shadow.

From "Robert's Rebellion":

LITTLEFINGER: Nobody knew Robert Baratheon either. Yet he claimed the right to sit on the Iron Throne.

VARYS: He had Targaryen blood through his mother.

As we remember from Maester Aemon's speech, they cut out Jaehaerys II, and Aerys became Aegon V's son. Does it mean they cut out Estermonts as well? Rhaelle Targaryen is Show!Aerys's sister and Show!Robert, Stannis and Renly's mother? Or did I miss something and their mother someone else?

So maybe Stannis wouldn't have done this in the books, but he did on the show. If I have to put up with brain dead Sansa, you all can put up with Stannis taking off his shirt at least, to make a show of having sex with Melisandre. It's just bizare to think he'd have had sex with her fully clothed.

I don't get this line of thought. Maybe when I was 22 I would have. Now, reaching 40, what Stannis did is precisely what any powerful horny, busy guy would do. He doesn't care about pleasing her. He wants his piece, he gets it, he gets it..boom, done... 2 minutes tops. Sorry folks...thats real life when you grow up. Not bizarre at all. 2 hour long naked "lovemaking" sessions are for young, drunken, unemployed college students.

Only for us, book nerds, I'm sure 99% of the fandom doesn't care

No doubt. People who only watch the show probably can't name half the characters that are on the show, let alone list complex family trees.

Hell, it took me two readings of the books to iron out a lot of the relationships and family trees. There's a lot going on and about six thousand names to remember. :lmao:

Archived