[No Spoilers] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Scrambled Aegon

I was totally ok with Mel not bothering to hide her shame during her chat with Selyse. The situation was actually kinda neat and Mel is literally bearing all to Selyse. It had a kind of artistic bent to it and metaphor that Mel is revealing a great deal to Selyse who has absolute faith in her. And Mel's weird stoic way of trying to reassure Selyse that as long as she serves R'hllor, shes saved and can be powerful too. Its almost touching.

I thought moving Oberyn's Cersei anecdote from the KL arrival to the scene with an imprisoned Tyrion was inspired. What was in the books a nasty little story told to push Tyrion's buttons became in the show a recognition by Oberyn of Tyrion's humanity and a reminder that not everyone saw him as a monster and that Jaime had always loved him and tried to protect him. Great scene.

The duality of the brothers Cleagane. Where you have the "Mountain" scene, in which he is brutally slaying prisoners, then the following scene with the Hound and Arya, where they give wounded man a "mercy" kill.

Just some wonderful juxtaposition I felt. :D

Sexy time with Daario. Loved the dynamic between the two.

And the look on Jorah's face!!!!! I could hear a thousand fedoras crying and getting ready to make friendzoned memes. Was hoping for a traitor reveal, but it ended up showing a good mormont between them (someone slap me.) Seriously, though. Dany's interaction with both of them was very well written, I thought.

Never thought I'd love to see Hot Pie. his baking skills are getting awesome and his annoying lingering to Brienne was so funny. Loved this ep.

When Tyrion's face was trembling as Oberyn was telling him about what Cersei was doing to him I think i died a bit. Pedro killed that scene too, probably the most emotional scene yet of the season.

The return of Hot Pie, Baker of Bread, Bane of Balls, Bringer of Gravy was great. I swear they mention Catelyn Stark about 3 times an episode (Catelyn Stark is DEAD, I promised to return to her mother WHO IS DEAD!!!!!) where Robb Stark is hardly brought up. If anyone wasn't sure yet, Lady Stoneheart confirmed! Get Hype!

Every scene at the wall is making me so excited for episode 9, its going to be awesome to see what they are going to do with it. Hopefully it might even live up to Blackwater, which IMO is the best episode of the entire series, just awesome tv.

I thought I was straight, then Carice Van Houten happened. :eek: Really intruiging stuff about Shireen (please don't die).

Sweetrobin's actor is doing a fine job oscillating between childlike innocence/ being the most irritating spoilt brat ever.

I'm glad that they limited the Daario subplot. What was pages of endless drivel in the book has been minimized to a mostly off-camera throwaway scene so that's good.

Considering that Dany decided not to send him away, that isn't the end of the Daario subplot. Not by a long shot.

I thought moving Oberyn's Cersei anecdote from the KL arrival to the scene with an imprisoned Tyrion was inspired. What was in the books a nasty little story told to push Tyrion's buttons became in the show a recognition by Oberyn of Tyrion's humanity and a reminder that not everyone saw him as a monster and that Jaime had always loved him and tried to protect him. Great scene.

Very true.

Couldn't agree more, it worked on so many levels.

• Every scene with Tyrion. His talk with Jaime was really touching, as was Bronn's (but in a bro sorta way, haha). And then...

Oberyn's monolgue. Holy shit. As Newstar said, it was such a brilliant idea to move it to that scene and twist it into a totally different vibe. Absolutely adored that scene, and Pedro Pascal has cemented himself as my favourite actor this season.

Hot Pie! I was so surprised at him popping up again, and I loved the throwbacks to "Winterhell", "only knights wear armour", and the direwolf bread.

I really liked the change that Brienne just outright asked for Sansa Stark by name, then gave Pod that "told you so" look when Hot Pie told them about Arya.

The Hound opening up to Arya. Fucking loved it, man. I know some people are annoyed that they're becoming too friendly, but I'm sorry, I really like where they're going with this. I don't know how they're going to end it this season, but their relationship has been one of the high points for me this season.

Arya adding Rorge to her list before killing him straight after. The Hound was all "shit, girl learns fast!".

Winterfell snow castle and Sansa slapping Robin.

Sansa's little smile at LF's "what do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?".

The moon door!

Dany in dat dress.

Mel in dat bath.

An amazing episode overall, and many of my "positive nitpicks" have already been mentioned, but I'd add a special shout-out for Selyse (the character and the actress). She never really registered with me in the books, but the scene between her and Melisandre was fantastic.It humanized the two of them in a way that the books never did, for me personally.

Two brilliant speeches from unlikely places:

Yeah, that speech and Tyrion's reaction was amazing. Just beautifully written and acted.

And The Hound opening up to lil Arya.

Hearing this grizzled killer grumble like a hurt child, "I didn't steal his toy. I was only playing with it" actually made me almost tear up for the Hound.

I thought all of Tyrion's dungeon interactions were good. The Oberyn one was the best.

"That's where the heart is" was a good re-staging.

The Hound explaining his face = important thing to get out there. Glad they did it.

Melisandre naked? No complaints here ! CVH's hotness is a blessing from RHillor. :drool:

Also, again with Hot Pie and armour... :lmao:

Archived