[No Spoilers] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Scrambled Aegon

Emilia looked ravishing in that dress. apart from that hmm...

-melisandre

-pedro and aidan gillen smashed it

-tyrion and bronn :bawl:

Most definitely and her acting was solid,particularly the scene with Jorah. Oh yeah, and Pedro was amazing. Can't wait for next week.

Hotpie!!!

Every scene with Tyrion, great set up for next episode

Sophie Turner is perfect, everything about the Eyrie was perfect. Lysa was scarier and crazier than ever.

Carice Van Houten :drool: :wub: :drool:

Dany's flicker of sanity and rationality. I really liked that. She visibly went "da hell am i even doing?" I liked that a lot. Her dress was slammin' too. Daario butt was win.

HOT PIE! seriously, i...i teared up.

Snow Castle was nice. I liked how the slap was the "doll's head on the spike" replacement.

Oberyn's tale of meeting Tyrion for the first time.

Arya's speech about nothing.

Bronn's exit.

Jon being in the episode. Its a bit silly and a little superfluous at this point, but we know he made it back, but i was just fucking glad to see him. Mostly cuz Ghost and Jon and everyone being all "yeah Jon, yeah fuck yeah!"

The Mountain being actually kind of adorable despite the murder. Him trying to hide his accent was so cute.

Mel trying to joke around. Holy crap.

What i loved...

1. EVERYTHING

2.TYRION and Oberyn- AMAZING

3. Tyrion and Bronn- perfect

4. Hotpie's direwolf- dammit everytime he bakes a wolf i tear up :crying:

5. Arya and the Hound- what a performance by Rory McCann

6. Brienne and Pod's faces as they react to things are hilarious

7. Arya's 'thank you' as she stabs the guy

8. Ser Jorah's heart breaking as he runs into Daario ouch...

Going with the nitpicking theme - you probably had to be watching in HD to notice this, but Bronn finally got the sigil he wanted in Episode 1. There were flaming arrows on his cloak, which I kind of figured would be the case to reflect how his role in the Blackwater changed from the books.

Gregor. That's Gregor. Perfect.

Hotpie is back. The Baker that was Promised stole his scene.

The ether Daario dropped on Jorah. Heartless stuff.

I rather liked Daario in general this episode.

All of Tyrion's scenes. Specifically with Bronn and Oberyn. Imagine that, nearly verbatim adaptation makes a good scene. Surprising.

HOT PIIIIIIIEEE

I squee'd when I saw Hot Pie again. Aww, his doughy little face. That direwolf is going to be pretty moldy if/when Arya ever gets it.

Oberyn is such a badass. I don't want to like him as much as I do. The showdown between him and the Mountain is going to kill me.

Bronn/Tyrion - Excellent job on both actors, I loved this goodbye...Bronn actually looked like he wanted to hug Tyrion.

Oberyn/Tyrion - Any scene with either of these actors is guaranteed to be awesome, but they both knocked this one out of the park. Oberyn telling Tyrion he was not a monster was touching and this whole scene had me wanting to cry right along with Peter Dinklage. How ironic that it's an enemy of the Lannisters that finally validates Tyrion as a man and human being?

Sansa/Peter/Lysa - I loved that scene all around, and since Joff's death, we haven't seen a bratty kid get a well deserved bitch slap :thumbsup: My hat's off to Sansa!

This could have easily been my favorite episode had they not fumbled the ball on the Snow Castle/Only Cat sequence. :crying: Everything about this episode was perfection. All of Tyrion's scenes, The Hound and Arya (which, btw, Maisie was a beauty in this episode), Pod and Bri, and of course....HOT PIE!!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!! :cheers: :cheers: But ugh. That Snow Castle sequence. FML. :frown5:

Going with the nitpicking theme - you probably had to be watching in HD to notice this, but Bronn finally got the sigil he wanted in Episode 1. There were flaming arrows on his cloak, which I kind of figured would be the case to reflect how his role in the Blackwater changed from the books.

I hadn't noticed that. Great catch!

As for my own thoughts, here's what I took note of as I watched (beware, long post is long):

- Jaime's face when Tyrion mentions falling in love with a whore - do I smell foreshadowing?

- Tyrion's face when realizing that Jaime won't fight for him

- loved the cut to Gregor slaughtering people

- "That's where the heart is" - foreshadowing :crying:

- Is that Rorge? :blink: (ten seconds later: That is Rorge!)

- "Is he on your little list?" - awesome dialogue followed by Arya epicness

- the look in Thorne's eyes when Jon mentions giants

- Bronn in fancy clothes = duck in peacock feathers

- Hoorah for D&D getting the Stokeworth family right

- "If I wanted wits, I'd marry you" :lol:

- Bronn denying trial by combat

- Meereen at night looks gorgeous!

- Nice dress, Dany!

- Dany mentioning the revenge killings

- beginning of the relationship between Dany and Daario

- fully naked Daario and half-naked Gregor in one episode :drool:

- hooray to Selyse sharing Stannis' sense of humor

- naked Carice :drool:

- Melisandre explaining her potions

- show Selyse has character depth - she seems very conflicted about Melisandre seducing Stannis

- "harsh truth" in the flames right after talking about Shireen - sacrifice theory confirmed? This makes the "only one hell scene" even creepier.

- Jorah's convo with Daario and the ramping up of jealousy

- Hizdahr as ambassador - this cannot end well.

- That wound on the hounds neck looks nasty!

- Loved the Hound telling his story to Arya. Poor Sandor... :crying:

- "and a hot meal not cooked by you" - "couldn't agree more, mylady" :lmao:

- Hot Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Hot Pie clearly trying to avoid the Stark question

- Pod pointing out how dumb it is to ask for Sansa by name

- Hot Pie baking more direwolf bread (also, the fact that he's managed to improve the shape that much, implies that he's been baking them at least a dozen times... truly heartwarming)

- Brienne trusting Pod enough to follow his advice

- Brienne's quest is already infinitely more interesting than it was in the books, IMO.

- Oberyn seeing straight through Cersei's attempts at manipulating him was great.

- Thank you D&D for keeping Oberyns convo with Tyrion.

- "I will be your champion" - this was my reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpgy21r_dRE

- Winterfell theme when Sansa enters the snow covered courtyard :crying:

- "The bad people, the scary people and the people you don't like" says a lot about Lysa's way of ruling...

- Sansa gaining an edge (would like throwing things out the moon door and slaps Robin)

- Robin flipping and destroying Winterfell

- "his mother should have, a long time ago" - Petyr, I love you!

- The kiss was every bit as creepy as it should have been.

- "Blue eyes staring at nothing" - Sansa suspects what's coming.

- Everybody's performance during the moon door scene was spectacular.

- "Only Cat" became "Your sister" - This is actually a nice save for casual watchers who remember characters better by action/association rather than by name.

Archived